Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Do you think Richard Armitage has potential to increase his fame through the movie.??

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Mar 23 2012, 3:44am

Post #1 of 8 (599 views)
Shortcut
Do you think Richard Armitage has potential to increase his fame through the movie.?? Can't Post

We know that Richard Armitage has enormous talent that just hasn;t been considered to be a Hollywood A lister.Do you think if Armitage utilises his potential effectively in the hobbit movie he could become an A lister and Perform in more roles.
I believe he is Horribly underrated and he deserves to be recognised.He is beeter than those of the Twilight epidemic and he should be starring in more roles.He can asctually act unlike most pretty boys who run soley on their looks.Cool

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Mar 23 2012, 3:45am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 23 2012, 4:05am

Post #2 of 8 (135 views)
Shortcut
His fame, yes.... [In reply to] Can't Post

He will definitely come to the attention of a much wider audience through The Hobbit, and I have no doubt that his fanbase will increase exponentially. Whether that will make him an "A-lister" in Hollywood is more of a question, since that designation really means "highest pay bracket". The Hobbit is a fantasy, and there are still plenty of stereotypes attached to that, plus he's British and there's this odd habit Hollywood has of casting Brits as villains (or fools, but he's not that type). I don't know if Thorin will win him the traditional blockbuster leading man roles; I think it's more likely that he may be able to take a more interesting and eclectic career "character/featured actor" path. He's more of a Viggo than an Orlando Bloom, I think. And that's not at all a bad thing.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Mar 23 2012, 4:33am

Post #3 of 8 (120 views)
Shortcut
True [In reply to] Can't Post

However Pattinson is a Brit and look at him.That;s right, Pattinson started as a Brit in harry Potter, (do we remember) NO, Becasue he was a minor character, a slitherin to be precise, another British actor portrayed as an evil character.However as soon as people paid attention to his role as Edward he shot out like a cannon.I believe Armitage could do the same.However his acting chops are on the line.It is make or break for him at the moment.He is a great actor and i can see how PJ notice his acting potential.One scene which is truly Dwarvish of his, is when he grabbed a radio and smashed a window from his Bad Temper.He was supposed to resign as a soldier in Iraq and they sent him back.He loves his children and couldn;t stand the thought of going back so he lost his wits and threw a radio into a glass and challenged people of the office to throwdown with him.Truly gripping. from strike back."Come any closer and i'll take you down he says". LOL

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Mar 23 2012, 4:34am)

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Mar 23 2012, 2:39pm

Post #4 of 8 (81 views)
Shortcut
Shouldn't there be on a poll somewhere here? ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the Pollantir after all, so perhaps you could have added a poll for us to vote. *motherly voice*

I like polls, okay?

That being said, let's say Richard will surely get helluva lot of hot screen time. Millions of people are going to see his face and read his name, and movie cricts are going to analyze his performance in top movie rewievs. This doesn't mean he'd become super popular. What he will get is his moment of attention, when he has the chance to make people remember him - or not.

At its heart, heroism is growing adult. Growing adult is defying the fears gained in childhood.
-Tom Lundberg

Annael
Half-elven

Mar 23 2012, 3:39pm

Post #5 of 8 (95 views)
Shortcut
minor point [In reply to] Can't Post

Pattinson's character Cedric in Harry Potter was from Hufflepuff, the "yes we don't excel at anything but we try really hard" house.

Armitage had a minor role as a villain in Captain America, and I can see him being tapped as the next "European aesthete villain" for a blockbuster action movie, like Alan Rickman, Jeremy Irons, Mads Mikkelsen etc. before him. I don't think he's going to be Hollywood's new leading man. Don't get me wrong, I adore him! But that's my prediction.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Aethelwyne Bolger
Bree

Mar 30 2012, 1:27am

Post #6 of 8 (68 views)
Shortcut
Since I've never heard of him before this and I'm probably not alone... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think he will have great potential to be noticed. I never saw a Viggo Mortensen or Miranda Otto or Sean Bean movie before LOTR; afterwards I rented movies just to catch a glimpse of them and many other fine actors from LOTR. The only ones I knew of beforehand were Christopher Lee, Ian McKellan, Cate Blanchett, Elijah Wood, and the captain from Titanic. Liv Tyler I knew of as Steve Tyler's daughter dancing in one of his movie videos. It's hard to believe I once never knew who Orlando Bloom, Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd were!

Thanks to renting LOTR actor movies, I have enjoyed Rudy, Apaloosa, Hidalgo, and National Treasure; and have had a new appreciation for Elizabeth, Elizabeth the Golden Age, Titanic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride, Star Wars II and III and many more!

I can't wait to get acquainted with the Hobbit cast and see more of what they are capable of!

Aethelwyne Bolger. Because Bellawen Bolger and Arianna Greenleaf just aren't me!

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 6 2012, 6:46pm

Post #7 of 8 (64 views)
Shortcut
*Mods up*// [In reply to] Can't Post

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

willowing
Lorien

Apr 6 2012, 11:14pm

Post #8 of 8 (632 views)
Shortcut
Yes Richard has circus skills as well... [In reply to] Can't Post

Once both Hobbit movies have come and gone, his choice of movie/television roles will increase. From the information on offer over the web Richard Armitage does a lot of voice over acting and narrative roles for documentaries. Reading children's books on radio to advertising. So I think his future is fairly well mapped out for him already. He could very well follow in the footsteps of Colin Firth, Sean Bean and others.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.