Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
A She Elf upon a Mearas Mare

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Sep 27 2007, 2:09am

Post #1 of 12 (432 views)
Shortcut
A She Elf upon a Mearas Mare Can't Post

Finally got around to posting this. Kinkos did the scan at 1 bit-black and white instead of 8 bit- grey scale or 24 bit- color and I put it in photo shop and changed it to grey scale so it needs to be touched up and rescanned so it does not look so washed out and more like the original which is approx 18 x 20.
Wishing you all Sweet Dreams! Karen/Shadowfaxfan

Look for your friends, but do not trust to hope,
it has forsaken these lands. Eomer to Aragorn~TT~Film

Dagonet
Lorien

Sep 27 2007, 2:49am

Post #2 of 12 (180 views)
Shortcut
Wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

My Lord it's beautiful! I love fan art. Thank you Shadowfaxfan for posting that.

Hehe Gotta love smileys!

Dagonet,
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shdows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Sep 27 2007, 3:22am

Post #3 of 12 (186 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou for the nice comment. [In reply to] Can't Post

have you ever gone to this site? http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smileys/smileys.htm

A myth is far truer than a history, for a history only gives a story of the shadows, whereas a myth gives a story of the substances that cast the shadows.~Annie Besant
Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

(This post was edited by Shadowfaxfan on Sep 27 2007, 3:26am)

Dagonet
Lorien

Sep 27 2007, 3:29am

Post #4 of 12 (161 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

I just got Smileys from Dawn's link after her Smileys.

Dagonet,
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shdows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

orcbane
Gondor

Sep 27 2007, 9:08pm

Post #5 of 12 (162 views)
Shortcut
Nice Hair! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats a good composition. Can only mainly the heads, but with hair flowing together. Just a really interesting view. Nice eyes too.

Eleanor
The Shire

Sep 28 2007, 1:04pm

Post #6 of 12 (162 views)
Shortcut
the elf's eyes are beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

nice work!~\Sly/~
when I saw it I could feel the horse galloping,the hair flying,and her bravery in the clear eyes!
you draw horse really good...ooooho~Heart

Middle Earth,my Never Land for ever

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Sep 29 2007, 4:45pm

Post #7 of 12 (137 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou [In reply to] Can't Post

I get board with the same old positions so I pulled this one out of my imagination. If I only had time to get the rest of the pictures tumbling around in my head, but I usually have to be in a good mood to get them and that has been a hard one lately, real life has gotten a little too crazy these days.

A myth is far truer than a history, for a history only gives a story of the shadows, whereas a myth gives a story of the substances that cast the shadows.~Annie Besant
Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole, and once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Sep 29 2007, 4:47pm

Post #8 of 12 (139 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, It nice [In reply to] Can't Post

to know that others are seeing the affect I was trying to create.

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole, and once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

orcbane
Gondor

Oct 1 2007, 8:15pm

Post #9 of 12 (125 views)
Shortcut
I find that true for me as well. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is really hard for me to work on my art, when I am stressed or too tired from the day.

echoladyuk
The Shire

Oct 4 2007, 7:28pm

Post #10 of 12 (154 views)
Shortcut
Reply to: A She Elf upon a Mearas Mare [In reply to] Can't Post

Really love the movement here, it is lovely

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Oct 10 2007, 8:12am

Post #11 of 12 (146 views)
Shortcut
I thought I had replied to this already [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry it took so long, thank you for the kind words.

Finduilas
Bree

Nov 20 2010, 3:32am

Post #12 of 12 (117 views)
Shortcut
powerful [In reply to] Can't Post

beautifully done! there is something powerful about the pic, but i cant put my finger on it.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.