Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New Line scouting for The Lonely Mountain?

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2007, 12:19pm

Views: 489
Shortcut
New Line scouting for The Lonely Mountain? Can't Post

Not sure if this should be here in Main or in Movies (someone please let me know), but anyway, I happened upon a very very interesting article today that said:

I have a friend who lives in New Zealand near lake Tuanna and he said that a few people from New Line came to inspect the area and asked to go on their land. My friend asked why and they said they want to see if it would be a good place for the Lonely Mountain. They seemed really pleased with the location.

You can read this at article here at: http://derhobbit-film.de/indexengl.shtml

This seems to be good news, but does it mean that Peter Jackson is (or is not?) going to do The Hobbit?

"Crows and Gibbets! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires."

Subject User Time
New Line scouting for The Lonely Mountain? Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 26 2007, 12:19pm
    Interesting if it's true FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 26 2007, 12:54pm
        My very same thoughts Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 26 2007, 12:58pm
        My first thought was... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 26 2007, 2:29pm
    But... but.... Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 26 2007, 7:28pm
        And a perfectly good space surrounding it to be Patty Send a private message to Patty Sep 26 2007, 7:41pm
        Nice! Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Sep 26 2007, 7:53pm
    Hi ... Im Thorin from New Line ... :D// Elven Send a private message to Elven Sep 27 2007, 5:37am
    The story was taken down... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Sep 27 2007, 9:48pm
        "Could anyone make further inquiries?" Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 27 2007, 9:52pm
            Well, I could... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Sep 28 2007, 3:05am
                Hmmm... seems like Magpie was right Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 28 2007, 6:58am
                    So I mailed Smaug... Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 28 2007, 7:34am
                        Well, thanks for following through with it, EIC.... Patty Send a private message to Patty Sep 28 2007, 1:12pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.