Paintings I've Done About "The Hobbit"
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 11 2012, 2:04am

Post #1 of 69 (9987 views)
Shortcut
Paintings I've Done About "The Hobbit" Can't Post

I've displayed one painting already of Bag End in the Mist on another post but I am painting other ones about "The Hobbit" and dont want to annoy by reposting them on seperate threads. So i will be displaying them on this one as I make them. Check back every week if you like to see whats new. I will also put a link to where they are all dispayed at once. Hope you like them. they are a lil out of focus ( taking the pics on my blackberry) http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/michaelg04/

The Barrel Ride
Oil on Canvas 24" x 36"

(This post was edited by demanon on Mar 11 2012, 2:05am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 11 2012, 9:54am

Post #2 of 69 (5791 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's amazing demanon! I love it!

You certainly have a gift!

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 11 2012, 2:00pm

Post #3 of 69 (5759 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am glad you like it. more to come this week.

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2012, 3:41pm

Post #4 of 69 (5872 views)
Shortcut
That is incredible. [In reply to] Can't Post

Those rocks make me very glad I'm not packed in a barrel.

And your idea of posting within the same thread is a good one but might I suggest that like the Today in Middle Earth posts that when this thread moves to the second page you make a new one.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Nightingale
Rohan

Mar 11 2012, 4:34pm

Post #5 of 69 (5605 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful!// [In reply to] Can't Post

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C. S. Lewis

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 11 2012, 5:53pm

Post #6 of 69 (5551 views)
Shortcut
Have you ever thought about selling your pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

on the internet, to friends/family, local exhibitions/shops etc?

They are really gorgeous and I know other people would be interested!

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 11 2012, 5:56pm

Post #7 of 69 (5894 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps you could also [In reply to] Can't Post

give some description of them. I am in know way painting-savvy. I know very little about water colour, pastel etc. May be nice to find out the method/s you use/d to produce these wonders.

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 11 2012, 11:28pm

Post #8 of 69 (6025 views)
Shortcut
Thank You. [In reply to] Can't Post

You are very kind with your comments. To answer your question, no, I have never concidered selling them or would know the first step on how to. I use oil paints with a medium of purified poppy oil. This oil dosent yellow the picture in time as Lindseed oil tends ( for me at least.) I use a pre streched canvas with white gesso already applied ( I use the art store PEARL as my one stop shopping.) through my practicing, i have come to rely on the basics of BOB ROSS and infuse the concept capibilities of Alan Lee and John Howe. Once again Thank you ALL who post for taking the time to comment on the paintings. I truely welcome all feedback and suggestions. :)

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 14 2012, 1:49pm

Post #9 of 69 (5788 views)
Shortcut
Moving Bag End in the Mist to this thread [In reply to] Can't Post

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 18 2012, 1:20am

Post #10 of 69 (5653 views)
Shortcut
Welcome To Mirkwood [In reply to] Can't Post

A view inside Mirkwood looking out to the entrance of the forrest. i wanted to convey the idea to the person looking at the painting that they know whats inside , waiting, for our travelers on the road even though from their perseption the forrest looks pleasent enough in the beginning. oil on canvas 24"x 36".
Hope you like it. Starting another one now. Should be done by the end of the week.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 18 2012, 9:41am

Post #11 of 69 (5726 views)
Shortcut
One word: [In reply to] Can't Post

stunning!

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 18 2012, 4:38pm

Post #12 of 69 (5485 views)
Shortcut
You could also consider prints [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't have the room for paintings in my house. I actually have very little wall space due to how the house is constructed and laid out.

But I love buying smaller versions of art I like - especially postcard and notecard versions I can give to friends as gifts.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2012, 5:19pm

Post #13 of 69 (5459 views)
Shortcut
Webs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is the sunlight gleaming off of spider webs? Eerie and intriguing.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 18 2012, 7:18pm

Post #14 of 69 (5482 views)
Shortcut
Yup , they are spiderwebs reflecting the light [In reply to] Can't Post

here is the link again to Photobucket where you can get a closer view. Again, pictures are a bit fuzzy as I am still taking them with my black berry. My apologies.

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/michaelg04/

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 19 2012, 12:21am

Post #15 of 69 (5491 views)
Shortcut
I Think [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you can go to my link at photobucket and order prints to be picked up at a local shop. I never did it myself though.

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 19 2012, 12:55am

Post #16 of 69 (5440 views)
Shortcut
well, I was thinking of high quality versions [In reply to] Can't Post

You'd get them scanned and color corrected as needed to professional standards. I don't think that image shot with your phone is going to print well at all. :-)

But you wouldn't make money off that anyhow. I think you could possibly make money off prints of these images. But I've never tried making serious money off my hobbies so I may be overreaching.

LOTR soundtrack website

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 19 2012, 4:04am

Post #17 of 69 (5497 views)
Shortcut
Thank You [In reply to] Can't Post

for your confidence in believing that the paintings are worth the possibility of being sold, in any form. I would have to look into the matter of prints as you suggested or even if I can leagally sell a painting , or print, that is a subject of "The Hobbit" or " Lord of the Rings".

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 19 2012, 8:43am

Post #18 of 69 (5493 views)
Shortcut
Definitely consider/research it. I would buy a print or the painting itself ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 19 2012, 2:24pm

Post #19 of 69 (5385 views)
Shortcut
I don't know where you live [In reply to] Can't Post

but I know that my area (Twin Cities, MN, USA) has various forms of mentoring / support for creatives. It may be worth looking around for someone who does something similar in your area (turning art into prints, etc.) and asking if they'd give you an informational interview. Or a local college just might have a class of some sort for the business end of artists.

Definitely look around etsy.com for what people are offering and the price.

LOTR soundtrack website

(This post was edited by Magpie on Mar 19 2012, 2:25pm)

Alyianna Baggins
Bree

Mar 19 2012, 7:49pm

Post #20 of 69 (5322 views)
Shortcut
Nice!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, that is really good! I love it! Heart

“I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. Don’t you leave him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don’t mean to. I don’t mean to.”

DarkJackal
Rohan

Mar 19 2012, 10:36pm

Post #21 of 69 (5301 views)
Shortcut
The Moody Shire! [In reply to] Can't Post

You are like the Thomas Kinkade of Middle-earth! Heart I adore this, even from the less than perfect phone snapshot.

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 20 2012, 12:05am

Post #22 of 69 (5340 views)
Shortcut
thank you so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am extremely glad you like them and hope you come to look at the new one I am in the process of doing. thank you again all!

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 20 2012, 12:45am

Post #23 of 69 (5435 views)
Shortcut
did you see you made the Home Page? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/

http://www.theonering.net/...undup-march-19-2012/

LOTR soundtrack website

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 20 2012, 1:05am

Post #24 of 69 (5321 views)
Shortcut
I CANT BELIEVE IT! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in SHOCK!. I really dont know how that happened but I am infinately grateful whoever posted that. BUT, I do know that it was people like you guys that drew their attention to it so from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU GUYS!!! Thank you so much..

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 20 2012, 2:46am

Post #25 of 69 (6353 views)
Shortcut
ah... that was gramma. Go wander around the boards. gramma is our gem. // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.