Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Has anyone heard from Darkstone lately?

Elizabeth
Valinor

Mar 6 2012, 8:29pm

Post #1 of 13 (4398 views)
Shortcut
Has anyone heard from Darkstone lately? Can't Post

He hasn't posted since Feb. 3. I do worry about him when he disappears, because he's in a dangerous line of work and has been bashed up seriously several times in the past.

Is Tolkien a good writer, or amateurish and dated? Join the discussion of Tolkien: A Cultural Phenomenon by Brian Rosebury, now playing in the Reading Room!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Mar 7 2012, 1:27am

Post #2 of 13 (339 views)
Shortcut
I was just wondering that myself. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2012, 3:37am

Post #3 of 13 (329 views)
Shortcut
Same here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone, you are missed.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 7 2012, 4:37am

Post #4 of 13 (360 views)
Shortcut
Email sent [In reply to] Can't Post

The last time he fell off the face of the Earth I pm'd him and he came back immediately. Here's hoping for a repeat as he is missed.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 7 2012, 11:16am

Post #5 of 13 (346 views)
Shortcut
Good idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

It had felt like there was something missing, then I realized it was someone...

Will send him a PM, also. I think there are those who have his regular email address, and if so, I hope they try to contact him that way!

Unsure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Mar 7 2012, 2:41pm

Post #6 of 13 (322 views)
Shortcut
I miss him, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope he's just distracted with other things and all is well.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 7 2012, 3:39pm

Post #7 of 13 (273 views)
Shortcut
Oh good... And Alcarcalime! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know she and OhioHobbit live in Ohio. Does he live in Ohio/Indiana/Tennessee/Kentucky areas where those tornadoes raged through? Maybe he as no electricity. I hope they're all ok.

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Mar 7 2012, 4:34pm

Post #8 of 13 (276 views)
Shortcut
Darkstone... [In reply to] Can't Post

...lives up the road from me, close to the border between Texas and Oklahoma. We haven't had any bad storms here, although we may get some tomorrow night, yikes!

I, too, hope Alcarcalime and OH weren't hit by those terrible storms in the Ohio valley Unsure

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2012, 8:40pm

Post #9 of 13 (327 views)
Shortcut
We're fine. [In reply to] Can't Post

The tornadoes were to the west and south of us. We were surprised when we saw the warnings on TV because our weather was fine.

We've just been busy with RL and haven't posted for awhile.

I have been wondering about Darkstone, also.

Thanks for thinking of us.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 9 2012, 4:25am

Post #10 of 13 (206 views)
Shortcut
Oh, good! [In reply to] Can't Post

You were untouched - that's a relief!

*hugs* Drop in whenever you can! Smile

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 9 2012, 4:52am

Post #11 of 13 (352 views)
Shortcut
Well it's almost [In reply to] Can't Post

48 hours since I sent the email. I'm a bit torn... on the one hand there's his privacy to consider. But on the other it is uncharacteristic for him to just disappear completely.

It's not as if people don't take breaks and/or become less active -- thinking of Kangi for instance but many others. Yet I get the feeling that all of us have someone we keep tabs on, if only to check whether they've logged in recently during an extended absence.

sigh You know I seem to remember he takes off hunting or some such thing every so often... hoping for the best.

And to all our friends who have slipped into more of a lurking mode of late, believe it or not, it is likely that you are missed.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2012, 8:58pm

Post #12 of 13 (157 views)
Shortcut
I'm nervous that this thread has remained so long without resolution. // [In reply to] Can't Post

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?

Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013: Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main (image courtesy of Arwen's daughter)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2012, 10:00pm

Post #13 of 13 (2966 views)
Shortcut
You could... [In reply to] Can't Post

...check his profile for his email address and send him a note...I did this morning, wishing him a "happy birthday", but no word back yet...Unsure

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.