Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
One song to rule them all!

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Mar 5 2012, 12:55am

Views: 5502
Shortcut
One song to rule them all! Can't Post

It's all happening here in Boston! Yesterday the Coolidge Theatre hosted a trilogy screening, in honour of Viggo Mortensen - to whom they are today giving the Coolidge Award. It's always fabulous to see the Lord of the Rings films on the big screen, and to enjoy them with an army of fellow fans. The 442 seat theatre was sold out - and everyone who secured a ticket was in for a treat indeed!

Jesse Hassinger and Mark Anastasio, the Program Manager and Program Coordinator at the Coolidge, welcomed us all before we settled in to watch Fellowship of the Ring. Between that and Two Towers, TORn staffer greendragon (that's me!) had a chance to say hi to the crowd and to remind them all (as if we could forget!) that The Hobbit is coming! Then, just as we were settling again for Return of the King, Denise Kasell, the Coolidge's Director, told us all that they had a 'little surprise' for us - and in walked the king himself, Viggo Mortensen!

You can imagine the excitement and delight of the crowd! Mortensen was charm itself, asking how many of us had seen the movies more than five times, and saying, 'Me too!' He stayed on stage for a few minutes and ended - gasp! - by SINGING to us all! Yes, Aragorn himself stood there on the stage and sang for us his coronation ditty; and afterwards said, 'I was more nervous singing that just now than I was in the studio...'

There's more to come! A full report later in the week will tell you all about the events surrounding this year's Coolidge Award, including more detail about the fun today. So watch this space! Meanwhile, thanks to the wonderful Coolidge staff - what a long day for them! - and many thanks to all the lovely folks who came up to tell us that they love TheOneRing.net! It's always a joy to meet like-minded people and to know that you enjoy what we do here. Now I'm off to get my beauty sleep before I go back to the Coolidge for more Viggo-liciousness!

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Mar 5 2012, 3:21pm)

Subject User Time
One song to rule them all! News From Bree Send a private message to News From Bree Mar 5 2012, 12:55am
    Orcs for Santorum? luvgabe Send a private message to luvgabe Mar 5 2012, 1:03pm
        I know just what he meant... L. Ron Halfelven Send a private message to L. Ron Halfelven Mar 5 2012, 2:29pm
        I'm missing the connection of your reply to the original post. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5 2012, 2:33pm
            Watch the video on the front page. (It's a must-see anyway!)// L. Ron Halfelven Send a private message to L. Ron Halfelven Mar 5 2012, 2:39pm
                thanks Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5 2012, 2:48pm
    Viggo's still got it Alientraveller Send a private message to Alientraveller Mar 6 2012, 4:55pm
    This was a great video.... Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Mar 6 2012, 6:38pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.