Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Did Frodo hear the horn of Gondor?

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Feb 29 2012, 11:50am

Views: 5697
Shortcut
Did Frodo hear the horn of Gondor? Can't Post

It may be the case that the book mentions this and I missed it, but when Boromir blows the horn of Gondor, does Frodo hear it? If so, why does he not turn back?

I'm happy with both genuine and speculative answers, I thought that maybe he confuses it for an Urúk-hai horn?

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

Subject User Time
Did Frodo hear the horn of Gondor? QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Feb 29 2012, 11:50am
    Interesting question DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Feb 29 2012, 12:03pm
        Possibly there's a simple answer Kristin Thompson Send a private message to Kristin Thompson Mar 5 2012, 3:23am
            I don't remember how it goes in the book... Ereinion Nénharma Send a private message to Ereinion Nénharma Mar 5 2012, 12:36pm
                That's true for the movie. FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Mar 5 2012, 2:04pm
    Why would he have turned back? Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Feb 29 2012, 3:57pm
    I don't think Frodo heard it. FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Feb 29 2012, 8:09pm
        The fact that Faramir heard it... Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Mar 1 2012, 2:31am
            ssssh Elizabeth! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 1 2012, 8:21am
                Frodo was in the eastren side of the River sador Send a private message to sador Mar 1 2012, 10:46am
                    hmmm DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 1 2012, 11:08am
                        As long as it's you who said it... :-) // sador Send a private message to sador Mar 1 2012, 11:11am
                            What do you mean? / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 1 2012, 11:16am
                                Just that I won't be the one to point out an inconsistency. // sador Send a private message to sador Mar 1 2012, 1:36pm
                    It depends on the timing FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Mar 1 2012, 3:59pm
                        I think you are right regarding Tolkien's intention. Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Mar 2 2012, 4:23am
                        It's a tricky one DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 2 2012, 8:32am
                            It was... Aargh! Don't hit me... Asger Send a private message to Asger Mar 2 2012, 3:44pm
                                Nice idea! // sador Send a private message to sador Mar 4 2012, 7:58am
                        Frodo was nearer grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 4 2012, 4:52pm
                            Good point gramma DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 5 2012, 8:17am
            In the book itself, you are correct. sador Send a private message to sador Mar 2 2012, 6:12am
        Agree Gwytha Send a private message to Gwytha Mar 1 2012, 5:19am
        Thanks for that FarFromHome DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 1 2012, 8:18am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.