The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
reading room

titanium_hobbit
Rohan

Feb 19 2012, 2:21am

Post #1 of 5 (1633 views)
Shortcut
reading room Can't Post

I reckon this one from the hobbit board about Gandalf's staff should be moved to the reading room

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=426867;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Also, the tertiary hobbit character discussion schedule might be nice to sticky.

Thanks Mods!

Hobbit firster, Book firster.

Have you explored all of TORN's forums?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 19 2012, 2:27am

Post #2 of 5 (126 views)
Shortcut
That's a curious one. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm thinking that post should go on Main...what do others think?

And sador's discussion session is now stickied, thank you for pointing that out! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 19 2012, 3:00am

Post #3 of 5 (125 views)
Shortcut
I think it would fit either on Main or in the RR [In reply to] Can't Post

Toss a dwarf coin, dernwyn. WinkLaugh

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 19 2012, 3:22am

Post #4 of 5 (119 views)
Shortcut
Well, the coin landed on its edge... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

I've sent it straight to Main, since it does mention both movies and books, and I'm thinking it may generate more comments there.

And I've held back on replying with "Well, there's his business manager, and executive assistant, and ..." Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

sador
Half-elven

Feb 19 2012, 8:32am

Post #5 of 5 (1429 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was about to ask for that.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.