A Conspiracy Unmasked
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 23 2007, 8:46pm

Post #101 of 179 (4574 views)
Shortcut
D'eaux! Of course she was. [In reply to] Can't Post

RosieLass always reminds me of book-Faramir; she could be his twin sister, tall and dark-haired and grey-eyed. She was the one carrying the birthday cake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 23 2007, 9:14pm

Post #102 of 179 (4574 views)
Shortcut
Noooooo! Not his sister! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't marry him if he's my brother. CrazyLaugh

Oh Moon, lovely moon, with thy beautiful face,
Careering throughout the boundaries of space,
Whenever I see thee, I think in my mind,
Shall I ever, oh ever, behold thy behind.

--Edmund Gosse's house maid

http://mallika.vox.com/

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 23 2007, 9:16pm

Post #103 of 179 (4599 views)
Shortcut
This quote seems appropriate here. [In reply to] Can't Post

And when Sam heard that he laughed aloud for sheer delight, and he stood up and cried "O great glory and splendour! And all my wishes have come true!" and then he wept. And all the host laughed and wept, and in the midst of their merriment and tears the clear voice of the minstrel rose like silver and gold. . .until their hearts, wounded with sweet words, overflowed, and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness."

Oh Moon, lovely moon, with thy beautiful face,
Careering throughout the boundaries of space,
Whenever I see thee, I think in my mind,
Shall I ever, oh ever, behold thy behind.

--Edmund Gosse's house maid

http://mallika.vox.com/

(This post was edited by RosieLass on Sep 23 2007, 9:23pm)

Morwen
Rohan

Sep 23 2007, 9:18pm

Post #104 of 179 (4603 views)
Shortcut
*mods up*/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've heard your anguish, I've heard your hearts cry out
We are tired, we are weary, but we aren't worn out
Set down your chains, until only faith remains
Set down your chains--Jewel

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2007, 9:18pm

Post #105 of 179 (4524 views)
Shortcut
Same here / [In reply to] Can't Post

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 23 2007, 9:22pm

Post #106 of 179 (4530 views)
Shortcut
D'eaux! Of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

His third cousin who can marry him any time she wants to ;-)

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 23 2007, 9:23pm

Post #107 of 179 (4541 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for that. [In reply to] Can't Post

And for everything.

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 23 2007, 9:35pm

Post #108 of 179 (4549 views)
Shortcut
Very fine and right my dear:).\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 23 2007, 9:51pm

Post #109 of 179 (4561 views)
Shortcut
I thought maybe Entmaiden had got hold of some Felix Felices potion [In reply to] Can't Post

to make everything turn out so perfectly.

But on reflection, you must be right ;-) Love is a powerful thing, and we sure could feel it pouring in from all around the world. The only time I've ever felt anything like that before was during online memorial service for Widfara. I try to tell people who don't get online what an amazing place TORn is, and there's no way they can possibly understand.

Today at church I was praying hard for a young woman in our church who is dying, and also for others who are hurting, and in the midst of it all I sent out a deep prayer of gratitude for all of you.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 23 2007, 9:56pm

Post #110 of 179 (4620 views)
Shortcut
You should have seen me last week [In reply to] Can't Post

when I was sending group e-mails to RosieLass and Altaira about our casual mini-moot, and to RosieLass, Entmaiden and Annael about the secret plans. I was really checking those lists carefully before hitting the send button!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Sep 23 2007, 10:21pm

Post #111 of 179 (4541 views)
Shortcut
Coming in even later! Beautiful idea, beautiful map. *applauds and bows* [In reply to] Can't Post

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 23 2007, 10:23pm

Post #112 of 179 (4586 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to you, especially [In reply to] Can't Post

for stepping in and handling things as you did. I know we can trust you to communicate to Daniel just how much joy he created, in Colorado and around the world with this work.

Son of Elizabeth in Frodo's tree
March, 2007

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 23 2007, 10:33pm

Post #113 of 179 (4589 views)
Shortcut
A heartfelt amen from me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Entmaiden is the perfect person to share our joy with Daniel, and I know he will be delighted to hear how happy he made all of us.

Entmaiden's nick is so amazingly appropriate: she's strong and upright and beautiful, and it's been a joy to get to meet her in person, both last spring and the perfect day that was yesterday.

Celandine Goodbody
The Shire

Sep 24 2007, 1:32am

Post #114 of 179 (4513 views)
Shortcut
I know! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know, I know, it has been so long--but RL has been so in the way.

I hope I can return more often, though, and for more wonderful events like this. What a great communtiy and such great people. It's lovely to see it still strong and healthy--even after all the movie hype has dissapated and moved on into the mist.

The Quest would have been in vain, even at the bitter end. So let us forgive him!

But I will not have him slain. It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.

---Frodo Baggins

Yum
Quite an inspiration, our Frodo.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 24 2007, 1:34am

Post #115 of 179 (4558 views)
Shortcut
I was wondering if you did that! [In reply to] Can't Post

But at first I couldn't see how the candles were placed on the cake. After a second look, I can now see that they went around the edge, using the blues for 0s and the yellows for 1s, and they could be read clockwise or counterclockwise.

How "gross"! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Only I hear the stones lament them: deep they delved us, fair they wrought us, high they builded us; but they are gone. They are gone. They sought the Havens long ago."
(Avatar pic: The Calanais stones, Isle of Lewis)

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 24 2007, 1:37am

Post #116 of 179 (4507 views)
Shortcut
Appropriate? Perfect! Thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Only I hear the stones lament them: deep they delved us, fair they wrought us, high they builded us; but they are gone. They are gone. They sought the Havens long ago."
(Avatar pic: The Calanais stones, Isle of Lewis)

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 24 2007, 2:00am

Post #117 of 179 (4528 views)
Shortcut
LOL! "Gross!" Vulgar expression ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 24 2007, 2:03am

Post #118 of 179 (4582 views)
Shortcut
Well, there's some scuttlebut about a possible "Hobbit" movie... ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 24 2007, 2:14am

Post #119 of 179 (4526 views)
Shortcut
*smiles* [In reply to] Can't Post

That's been running through my mind, too :) It's perfect!!!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 24 2007, 2:16am

Post #120 of 179 (4537 views)
Shortcut
It's so great to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

And the movie hype for The Hobbit is going to be in full-swing SOON... or so we hope :)

Take care... and come back often!

sample sample

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 24 2007, 4:42am

Post #121 of 179 (4614 views)
Shortcut
Amazing, wonderful posts! [In reply to] Can't Post

BG and I had some very special guests to take care of into last night Wink, and a host of RL obligations today planned well before we knew what a special day this would be, so we're just now working through all these wonderful posts, the posts from Fiesta, the drabbles, etc. (all you conspirators are SO sneaky and subtle - well done! Smile). One thing we HAVE made time for is sitting in front of that wonderful, amazing map and just simply... staring at it.

Reading the posts and staring at the map has brought us even more tears as well as tons of laughter. I keep trying to come up with the right words to express what we're feeling, but we're literally still in a state of shock (in a good way Heart), and no words seem good enough. While I doubt any mere words will ever be good enough, give us a little more time to try to come up with some that are. It's not from a lack of desire - it's more from an overwhelming sense of humility and awe at what you've all done, not to mention our wonderful friend Daniel. In other words, it's very much still sinking in.

However, don't despair. As many of you have come to know - I rarely remain speechless for long! Laugh

With much love and emotional exhaustion.

-- Altaira and BG

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Sep 24 2007, 6:15am

Post #122 of 179 (4563 views)
Shortcut
I certainly feel . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

your awe and gratitude with your words . . . words that sent even more tears rolling down my cheek. (My right eye is a vertible waterfall, as is its way.)

Those pictures of your reaction are priceless. Particularly when you got the pont that it was created by Daniel Reeve. Just Fantastically Marvelous! I am so grateful to have been able to partake in the conspiracy and especially in the joy of watching you receive it via a wonderful series of photos. What joy and wonder!

And thank-you for all your work .

. . . and thank you for allowing a camera to roll continuously through the whole thing. You must have been wondering why so many pictures were being taken. What in the world must have been going on through you head in the beginning phases of the Conspiracy Unmasking itself, I can't even imagine.

Joy and gratitude in abundance is flowing through my heart this weekend.

DoN
samshopestar

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

**Tribute: Lt. J.G. Robert Sterling, WWII Pilot MIA, by Gramma & DoN**
Art Gallery Revised, Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Sep 24 2007, 6:36pm)

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 24 2007, 7:03am

Post #123 of 179 (4643 views)
Shortcut
So many tears of love and joy [In reply to] Can't Post

have been shed this weekend we maybe should have gotten an environmental impact study first. But, then, they're spread from New Zealand to England, and many points in between, so the environment is probably safe.

Rest assured that we had as much fun designing and arranging this as you're now having enjoying it. And the memories will be with us forever, as well (not to mention prints).

We needed to find some way to express what TORn means to us. We seem to have succeeded.

Son of Elizabeth in Frodo's tree
March, 2007

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 24 2007, 7:10am

Post #124 of 179 (4537 views)
Shortcut
Take your time. :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we've all just been savoring the success of our little plot. AngelicSly I was a little afraid some of us *coughgrammacough* might explode with suppressed excitement on Friday!

As is so often the case on TORN, this simple idea of a thank-you gift became more than I think any of us imagined, even while we were looking at drafts and making suggestions. The finished Map left many of us rather giddy and a little speechless, so we'd be disappointed if you weren't. Take your time to recover and enjoy! Heart

Silverlode

Between the acting of a dreadful thing
And the first motion, all the interim is
Like a phantasma, or a hideous dream:
The genius and the plan thus inspired
Depart me and I, entering a room,
Find myself on the threshold, stand still
And wonder what I came to do there.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 24 2007, 7:59am

Post #125 of 179 (4518 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

you're one of the people that makes these boards and TORn a place to escape to. You're timeless patience and enthusiasm leaves me in awe... and what you'd gone through to help us evolve didn't go unnoticed ;)

Thank you both so much!

sample sample

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.