Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Does anyone ever watch Jane and the Dragon?

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Sep 22 2007, 7:31pm

Post #1 of 10 (215 views)
Shortcut
Does anyone ever watch Jane and the Dragon? Can't Post

It is a great cartoon made by Weta featuring a Medieval time period with some witty humor. It is on NBC on Saturday afternoon's at 1:00. Weta does a fantastic job with the animation. To bad Smaug did not have this Dragon's sense of humor, the Hobbit would have had a much different twist. Smaug would have been down at the Green Dragon having beers with the boys!!

Look for your friends, but do not trust to hope,
it has forsaken these lands. Eomer to Aragorn~TT~Film

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 22 2007, 9:29pm

Post #2 of 10 (100 views)
Shortcut
I watch it occasionally. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's on before the news on Saturdays so I sometimes catch the last 10 minutes. I've seen two full episodes to get a feel for the show, and I think they're onto a winner for young kids.

And I love that Jane snorts when she laughs. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

namadriel
Lorien

Sep 22 2007, 11:16pm

Post #3 of 10 (103 views)
Shortcut
It's really cute [In reply to] Can't Post

I watch it every once in a while. I think it comes on a little earlier here, so on the Saturdays when I'm not working, I'm usually sleeping late. But when I do manage to catch it, I enjoy it very much.

Morrowdim
Rivendell

Sep 22 2007, 11:50pm

Post #4 of 10 (123 views)
Shortcut
A dragon, a dragon, I swear I saw a dragon! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks to Qubo, I get to watch this every weekend. I would love to have another season available, though. It is very well-written. One thing I love most about Dragon is how his tail droops a bit when he is taking off. They do such a great job of showing how difficult it is to get his bulk air-borne.

Abandonada

Sep 23 2007, 4:50am

Post #5 of 10 (124 views)
Shortcut
"Jane & the Dragon" [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I watch "Jane". It's on at 3:00 pm on Sundays where I live. I've become fond of the series.

Abandonada

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Sep 24 2007, 2:58pm

Post #6 of 10 (134 views)
Shortcut
Will have to catch it! [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like fun. I enjoy children's TV shows that are made with humor, intelligence and thoughtfulness. (But spare me the shows that are heavy-handed moral lessons or half-hour advertisements for cheap plastic toys!)

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 24 2007, 11:51pm

Post #7 of 10 (82 views)
Shortcut
I have [In reply to] Can't Post

never even heard of it.....I'll have to remember to look for it and check it out. Sounds kinda fun.

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 25 2007, 5:07am

Post #8 of 10 (112 views)
Shortcut
More information [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/.../jane_and_the_dragon

http://tvnz.co.nz/.../page/488122/1095617

Bandwidth-eating official site: http://www.ytv.com/...index.asp?showID=350

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

sherlock
Gondor

Sep 25 2007, 5:28pm

Post #9 of 10 (77 views)
Shortcut
I watch it with my [In reply to] Can't Post

granddaughter sometimes. She's only three and I think I enjoy it more than she does. I just noticed that Weta is involved the last time I watched it after my mom made a comment about how great the animation was. Too cool!

labingi_maura
Rivendell

Oct 31 2007, 4:37am

Post #10 of 10 (146 views)
Shortcut
Darn, it won't play for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried viewing an episode at their official site, and I can hear the theme song but the screen says, "You have to be in Canada to view this (etc.)" I went to the NBC site, where you can watch some of their shows on your computer, but JatD is not one of them. Darn. Well, maybe the show will be available on DVD eventually.
From what I just read, it seems that WETA is using the same mocap technology they used with Gollum, so the characters move very realistically. I'd like to see that! Thanks for the head's up on the show, though. It looks like its a good one.
-ML

"I am in fact a hobbit in all but size." - J.R.R.Tolkien

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.