First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Mybear
Bree

Jan 25 2012, 3:47pm

Post #1 of 315 (12035 views)
Shortcut
Evangeline Lily Finally Explains Who Tauriel Is Can't Post

In this article: http://insidemovies.ew.com/...y-real-steel-hobbit/

She explains that Tauriel is "the head of the Elven Guard" and a "big shot in the army" and the rest makes it look like she is very much like Legolas.

Apparently she isn't in the first film that much and "she comes into the first film near the end" though "her role in the second film is much more involved." Doesn't seem like she's a new Arwen, but a new Eowyn.

This also gives us some clues as to when the first film will end. The wood-elf guard comes first into the screen when the dwarves are captured so the First film will probably end when the dwarves are captured or have just escaped from the wood elves via barrels.

She really spilled the beans on this.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 25 2012, 3:54pm

Post #2 of 315 (7621 views)
Shortcut
Can't remember exactly how everything pans out in Laketown in the book... [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't a meeting called where a few elves from Mirkwood come to Laketown and they discuss the dwarves? I'm betting she's one of these elves. (Was it only one elf in the book, or did I make the whole thing up? Crazy)

I wouldn't say she spilled the beans. We needed a little info on Tauriel and she hasn't spoiled anything just cleared some mist.

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jan 25 2012, 3:55pm)

dave_lf
Gondor

Jan 25 2012, 3:55pm

Post #3 of 315 (7646 views)
Shortcut
Dark alley [In reply to] Can't Post

And she’s lethal and deadly. You definitely wouldn’t want to be caught in a dark alley next to Tauriel.

Why; is she a criminal??? Odd thing to say.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jan 25 2012, 3:56pm

Post #4 of 315 (7714 views)
Shortcut
Sounds horrible on so many levels [In reply to] Can't Post

Particularly the bit about her role allegedly expanding as time goes on.

I fear that the second film will not look very much like the Hobbit. Likely it will be a far more geopolitical film, cutting back and forth b/w Thranduil's plots, Laketown, the dwarves, Gandalf/White Council, and perhaps the Iron Hills.

Ah well. I'll reserve judgment until more info comes in.

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Jan 25 2012, 3:58pm

Post #5 of 315 (7495 views)
Shortcut
Well, isn't that interesting . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

OK, here are the two things that interest me the most:

"Yes, she is a warrior. She’s actually the head of the Elven guard. She’s the big shot in the army."

"I think basically what you’re asking is if she’s in the film very much. She’s not in the first film very much. She comes into the first film near the end, and has a very small part to play."

So, she will be involved (speculating here):
1) possibly in the elven revels, most certainly in the capture of the dwarves.
2) might be a factor in Bilbo's escape plan.
3) it is likely that the end of film 1 will be after the capture and before the escape of the Dwarves.

Good catch on the interview, Mybear!

"I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!"

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2012, 4:01pm

Post #6 of 315 (7569 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like she's a renegade Elf... [In reply to] Can't Post

She probably feels sorry for the Dwarves and actually aids Bilbo in bringing about their escape.

The Plan 9 Interview... in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship of the Ring.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 25 2012, 4:04pm

Post #7 of 315 (7378 views)
Shortcut
She doesn't know if the character will be in BO5A??! [In reply to] Can't Post

What's all this fighting and army work she's been doing for the last 6 months if they haven't started BO5A and she's not in film 1 very much? Will the elves be marching to Dol Guldur?

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2012, 4:04pm

Post #8 of 315 (7222 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Great find... thanks for sharing. [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting details... probably the most information we've gotten yet from a cast member.

Methinks PJ is testing the theory of her character out... sounds like there is a considerable amount of her character still left to be shot.

Very interesting...

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Jan 25 2012, 4:08pm

Post #9 of 315 (7542 views)
Shortcut
Yes, there are elves at Laketown . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

. . . I believe that the Master of Lake-town is at a feast when Thorin and Bilbo arrive in town, and there are elves there. They recognize Thorin and claim he has escaped but, as they are confused by the fact they had escaped, they do not push the matter very far . . .
The number of elves were never specified . . . and I don't think any elf was identified.

She could also be talking about being very much around during the dwarves captivity, or she could be coming with Thranduil to the Lonely Mountain and expects to be seriously involved in the BO5A . . .

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2012, 4:09pm

Post #10 of 315 (7731 views)
Shortcut
Her part in The Hurt Locker was not more than 5-10min. [In reply to] Can't Post

So expanding her role could mean she's in it for only a few more scenes. Hard to say.

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Jan 25 2012, 4:12pm

Post #11 of 315 (8719 views)
Shortcut
I agree . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

. . . I'd been thinking for a while that she might be . . . shall we say . . . helpful in the escape instead of impeding it. Possibility not confirmed by any of this, but . . . who knows.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 25 2012, 4:12pm

Post #12 of 315 (7397 views)
Shortcut
And, and what if you're in to that sort of thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

We're talking Kate here!

stoutfiles
Rohan

Jan 25 2012, 4:14pm

Post #13 of 315 (7295 views)
Shortcut
But then [In reply to] Can't Post

Her icy heart warms when she falls in love with Kili on the battlefield.

We're not out of the woods yet!

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 25 2012, 4:15pm

Post #14 of 315 (7604 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

When the Dwarves first arrive in Laketown and enter the ongoing feast there is a group of raft Elves present who demand that the Lakemen return the Dwarves to Mirkwood.

Also, later the Elven king orders spies out to keep watch on the lake and the mountain.

Both would seem to require at least one "named" Elf and Tauriel would do nicely.

"Oh, Gandalf, Gandalf, you fool! Can’t you see how I feel?"
"Yeah, I see. I see our troubles don’t amount to a hill of beans. You belong with Celeborn. And I need to go find the only one who can save us."

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2012, 4:16pm

Post #15 of 315 (8100 views)
Shortcut
True, very true.// [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 25 2012, 4:17pm

Post #16 of 315 (7247 views)
Shortcut
Maybe she rebels against Thranduil, [In reply to] Can't Post

not wanting to join him against the dwarves, because she has fallen for Thorin?

ps why do I always accidentally spell "Thranduil" as "Thandurel" first?

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 25 2012, 4:17pm

Post #17 of 315 (8090 views)
Shortcut
I think this just means she looks very intimidating. // [In reply to] Can't Post

stoutfiles
Rohan

Jan 25 2012, 4:26pm

Post #18 of 315 (8175 views)
Shortcut
Thorin HATES elves [In reply to] Can't Post

It would most likely be Kili. He dies (adds to death scene) and is good looking enough for a slightly plausible romance.

Not that I want this to happen but I wouldn't be surprised.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 25 2012, 4:30pm

Post #19 of 315 (7267 views)
Shortcut
She doesn't know if she'll have a BIG PART in BO5A! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

The Elf Artist
The Shire

Jan 25 2012, 4:38pm

Post #20 of 315 (7441 views)
Shortcut
Interesting to see where they go with this [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Tauriel's character is going to be one of those "either you'll love her or hate her." I don't remember any female elf (or human) having any sort of official militaristic position. So I find that to be an interesting choice. I'm not sure if I agree with it or not. But I'll withhold any judgement til the film comes out. Evangeline Lilly's statement makes me slightly worried as it sounds a bit modern femme take - "let's make the female kick major butt! The girls will love it!" but I know that Peter Jackson and his crew are very adamant about staying as true as they think possible to the spirit of the books. So as I said, I'll withhold judgement til I see Tauriel on screen.

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Jan 25 2012, 4:44pm

Post #21 of 315 (7184 views)
Shortcut
I'm with you on that . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

She let loose with a few nice tidbits, but she also steered away from questions asked when she obviously didn't want to answer them.

daemoon
Rivendell

Jan 25 2012, 5:10pm

Post #22 of 315 (7241 views)
Shortcut
hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Lethal deadly hot elf chick.... I hope this won't turn into World of Warcraft type of fantasy, to appeal a more wide crowd. =D

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2012, 5:12pm

Post #23 of 315 (7187 views)
Shortcut
I can't see that happening... not after the outcry of Arwen @ Helm's Deep... [In reply to] Can't Post

While this is an added character in many ways she is giving a face to the elven throng...

Even if she kicks butt so to speak... there are appropriate places for her to do so.... BOFA being the most obvious.

pacochoa
Bree

Jan 25 2012, 5:17pm

Post #24 of 315 (7188 views)
Shortcut
Now we just need to know the most important thing about Tauriel. . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Blonde or brunette? Smile What's your guess?

The Arwen look or the Legolas look?
Remember, Orlando bloom has black hair. So blonde for Tauriel can't be out of the question, can it?

Alientraveller
Lorien

Jan 25 2012, 5:17pm

Post #25 of 315 (7168 views)
Shortcut
Yay for two daggers [In reply to] Can't Post

I always loved Legolas's dual-wielding swords, I guess they're making it into something of a common Mirkwood fighting technique to better distinguish those Elves from the Galadhrim. It's interesting she'll be the general, reminds me of how the writers completely substituted Eomer with Eowyn in the two-part LOTR script.

"Sure, it's not really The Lord of the Rings, but it could still be a pretty damn cool movie." - PJ

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.