Caption Contest!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

stormcrow20
Gondor

Jan 25 2012, 1:37am

Post #1 of 44 (814 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest! Can't Post

2012 is here! The year that The Hobbit (part one!) finally hits theaters! So let's begin a new year of Caption Contests with an image that is long overdue for captioning...

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 25 2012, 2:07am

Post #2 of 44 (486 views)
Shortcut
Eggs - check. Cold chicken - check. Confusticate and bother! I can't believe I forgot to get the pickles!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 25 2012, 2:16am

Post #3 of 44 (483 views)
Shortcut
Armitage: "Quiet down Rob... Rob?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2012, 2:30am

Post #4 of 44 (492 views)
Shortcut
*snort* / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2012, 2:31am

Post #5 of 44 (470 views)
Shortcut
Thorin: "If he spots that bit about the Hobbit doing all the camp-work, we're done for." / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2012, 2:33am

Post #6 of 44 (521 views)
Shortcut
"According to this smial-owner manual, [In reply to] Can't Post

the built-in Stargate has a default-setting to link to the nearest hall of Dwarves."

Ataahua's stories

Kristin Thompson
Rohan

Jan 25 2012, 2:35am

Post #7 of 44 (522 views)
Shortcut
Just as Martin's ears and feet were firmly attached, the new dialogue for the day had been slipped under his door. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2012, 3:56am

Post #8 of 44 (502 views)
Shortcut
Feigning interest in a random scrap parchment full of his discarded notes (which he held upside-down), Bilbo hoped maybe the unexpected "guests" would leave on their own.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Had a dream, declared my son being woken,
Heard a voice: Seek for the sword that was broken,
There shall be counsels taken
Of the Doom near at hand,

In Imladris there it dwells,
it had spoken,
Youíll be shown stronger than spells there a token,
For Isildurís Bane shall awaken,
And the Halfling forth shall stand!

Carry on my wayward son,
Then home please, when you are done.
When youíre here, youíll head the rest
Who defy Mordor.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 25 2012, 9:33am

Post #9 of 44 (481 views)
Shortcut
You're fired [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 25 2012, 12:04pm

Post #10 of 44 (478 views)
Shortcut
Let's see....naughty, naughty, naughty, naughty *tsk* naughty, Balin... nice... // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 25 2012, 2:38pm

Post #11 of 44 (468 views)
Shortcut
"The cover letter made this sound so simple!" [In reply to] Can't Post

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jan 25 2012, 6:39pm

Post #12 of 44 (461 views)
Shortcut
Thorin's list of supplies was nearly illegible, [In reply to] Can't Post

simply because no one had ever taught him cursive.

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2012, 7:22pm

Post #13 of 44 (430 views)
Shortcut
*Ack!* // [In reply to] Can't Post

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?

Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013: Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main (image courtesy of Arwen's daughter)

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2012, 7:23pm

Post #14 of 44 (441 views)
Shortcut
Wait? I have to marry Tar...Tor...Tauriel WHO?! // [In reply to] Can't Post

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?

Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013: Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main (image courtesy of Arwen's daughter)

telain
Rohan

Jan 25 2012, 8:58pm

Post #15 of 44 (411 views)
Shortcut
Escape clause, escape clause...surely it's here somewhere...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Jan 25 2012, 8:59pm

Post #16 of 44 (542 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf's Bucket List: Put Hobbits in danger, dance at a Hobbit party, flirt with Galadriel, slay the balrog... [In reply to] Can't Post

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 25 2012, 9:31pm

Post #17 of 44 (416 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 25 2012, 9:33pm

Post #18 of 44 (431 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure all that treasure is worth filling out these tax forms. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 25 2012, 10:01pm

Post #19 of 44 (420 views)
Shortcut
Hobbiton census 2941 Third Age [In reply to] Can't Post

Question 2: Apart from usual residents, who else is staying overnight here on 26th April 2941?

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 26 2012, 1:01am

Post #20 of 44 (414 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf, whatís this about a ďhobbit to be named laterď? / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Oh, Gandalf, Gandalf, you fool! Canít you see how I feel?"
"Yeah, I see. I see our troubles donít amount to a hill of beans. You belong with Celeborn. And I need to go find the only one who can save us."

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 26 2012, 1:02am

Post #21 of 44 (399 views)
Shortcut
I only get 5% of the Dragon Burger franchise? / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Yeah, I see. I see our troubles donít amount to a hill of beans. You belong with Celeborn. And I need to go find the only one who can save us."

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 26 2012, 1:03am

Post #22 of 44 (453 views)
Shortcut
Wait a minute! You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause!! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 26 2012, 2:35am

Post #23 of 44 (421 views)
Shortcut
The party of the first part shall be known in this contract....// [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 26 2012, 5:05am

Post #24 of 44 (426 views)
Shortcut
"Snow White's on the tele and me with all this confounded paperwork to do!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 26 2012, 5:06am

Post #25 of 44 (391 views)
Shortcut
nice one. XD // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.