Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to a special Aniversabirthary Edition of Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:00pm

Post #1 of 156 (816 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to a special Aniversabirthary Edition of Fiesta Friday! Can't Post

Come on in and celebrate not one, not two, but three special occasions!

First, this very day is the 70th anniversary of the publication of “The Hobbit” by… nope, you have to guess. Wink

Second, tomorrow marks the birthday of both Bilbo and Frodo! Happy, happy birthday Hobbits!

Third, well, it *is* Friday isn’t it? WinkLaugh

For this special occasion, the Elves have whipped up some special pastries (using a dash of lembas flour, it’s rumored), Bilbo has unveiled a few cases of Old Winyards he had hidden, the Dwarves of Dale have made some magical toys and Gandalf himself is going to put on the fireworks display!

And, pop on over to Main to post limericks, poems and other tributes to The Hobbit, Bilbo and Frodo any time today or tomorrow!

Oh, and did I mention all the virtual drinks are on the house today? There’s just no excuse NOT to party, so let’s get this shindig started! Cool

*kicks juke box – “The Greatest Adventure” composed and sung by Glen Yarborough from The Hobbit animated movie soundtrack fills the room*

Enjoy!!!

The Greatest Adventure

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
Today and tomorrow are yet to be said.
The chances, the changes are all yours to make.
The mold of your life is in your hands to break.

The greatest adventure is there if you're bold.
Let go of the moment that life makes you hold.
To measure the meaning can make you delay;
It's time you stop thinkin' and wasting the day.

The man who's a dreamer and never takes leave
Who thinks of a world that is just make-believe
Will never know passion, will never know pain.
Who sits by the window will one day see rain.

Today and tomorrow are yet to be said.
The chances, the changes are all yours to make.
The mold of your life is in your hands to break.

(Retrieved from "http://www.tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Greatest_Adventure")

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Sep 21 2007, 4:01pm)

Annael
Immortal

Sep 21 2007, 4:04pm

Post #2 of 156 (377 views)
Shortcut
I'll take a shot of miruvor in a to-go cup, please, Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

Got a busy weekend. Cheers, all!

Outside a dog, a book is your best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
- Groucho Marx

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:05pm

Post #3 of 156 (323 views)
Shortcut
*gets special triple shot glass down from shelf* [In reply to] Can't Post

Did I mention that glass is Ent-sized? ShockedWink

Have a wonderful weekend being busy, Annael!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2007, 4:09pm

Post #4 of 156 (312 views)
Shortcut
"Huzzah! Huzzah! Huz--" oh wait... wrong movie. :D [In reply to] Can't Post

... Heheheheh. Well, three cheers anyway! :D

My Fall/Winter Usual please, Altaira... glad to see you made it! Laugh

A happy and wonderful weekend to you and every TORnsib! :)

--Eventides

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2007, 4:09pm

Post #5 of 156 (295 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday... [In reply to] Can't Post

and most of all, a happy anniversary to all those Hobbit fans out there. Wow. 70. Raising a pint as I type....one haned typing....should use that excuse all the time!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 21 2007, 4:11pm

Post #6 of 156 (362 views)
Shortcut
We have to guess? [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, let's see, The Hobbit was published by...popular demand? by any means possible? by Allen & Unwin, maybe? Wink

A raspberry iced tea to go today, please, they're keeping me hopping here! Got any backarappers to go, as well?

RenFaire this weekend! We're still getting ourselves coordinated; but it looks like at least silneldor & family, lossefalme & son, misty mountain, and my daughter and I will all be getting together for breakfast (of course!) then enjoying a day with the wenches and the men in tights!Laugh

You have a most wonderful weekend, Altaira, it certainly is a special day coming up, isn't it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Only I hear the stones lament them: deep they delved us, fair they wrought us, high they builded us; but they are gone. They are gone. They sought the Havens long ago."
(Avatar pic: The Calanais stones, Isle of Lewis)

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:13pm

Post #7 of 156 (295 views)
Shortcut
*Microwaves instant Hot Chocolate* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehe, just kidding! Shocked It's the real deal here!

*adds generous portion of miruvor!

Enjoy the weekend, Evey!

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:14pm

Post #8 of 156 (294 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday to you too, Donry! [In reply to] Can't Post

Quite a day, and Friday too!!

Have a great weekend! Smile

TORn Calendar

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2007, 4:14pm

Post #9 of 156 (305 views)
Shortcut
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go! A pint of ale in honor of "The Hobbit"! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since it's lunchtime, can I also order a bacon and mushroom omelet from the kitchen? The thought of eggs and bacon fortified Bilbo in the Goblin mines; Frodo's fondness for mushrooms initially got him into a peck of trouble but ended up leading to friendship. I could use a bit of both today, plus I'm pretty hungry ....

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2007, 4:15pm

Post #10 of 156 (302 views)
Shortcut
A great day to celebrate, for sure! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's my day off, I'm having coffee later with a friend, then doing a little shopping, and plan to go see Eastern Promises later today. Notice housework is not on the list!

We have two new kittens (they need names, but I haven't had much time to think about it) who are still a little skittish so I plan to spend some hands-on time with them this weekend.

I've also been negotiating for a couple of weeks off, which has been approved for October. Yay!

So I think I'll lift a glass to Bilbo, Frodo and the Professor -- Altaira, anything that's on tap will do.

Happy weekend, everyone!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:15pm

Post #11 of 156 (312 views)
Shortcut
That's a late Renfaire [In reply to] Can't Post

Ours is always in the heat of the summer. I like your timing better. Smile

Have a great time and take a few pictures while you're there (I knew I'd have to twist your arm), hehe.

Cheers, dernwyn!

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:16pm

Post #12 of 156 (291 views)
Shortcut
Two pints for people who provide entertainment! [In reply to] Can't Post

We cleared off a couple of tables for you and gramma to dance on Wink

Happy weekend, Idril!

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:18pm

Post #13 of 156 (315 views)
Shortcut
Two new kittens! [In reply to] Can't Post

Awwwww, c'mon, we want pictures!! Laugh Pretty please? Smile

Maybe when they get a little less skittish?

Sounds like you have a wonderful day and weekend planned, Elberbeth. Enjoy it!

TORn Calendar

Advising Elf
Rohan

Sep 21 2007, 4:22pm

Post #14 of 156 (330 views)
Shortcut
A bottomless Improper 1420, please barkeep! [In reply to] Can't Post

Got lots of yardwork to do this weekend, so I'd better celebrate now.

What've you got mapped out for this weekend?

Yahoo!Group with good stuff to download:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRgoodies/

Advising Elf
Rohan

Sep 21 2007, 4:25pm

Post #15 of 156 (295 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it cold there?

A bit soon for HC+M here. Perfect Fall weather here in the Ozarks.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 21 2007, 4:25pm

Post #16 of 156 (335 views)
Shortcut
Time to celebrate! [In reply to] Can't Post

for so many reasons. I'll take a nice scotch over ice, Altaira, and be sure to pour one for yourself.

I'm off to a long-expected party with some very old friends this weekend - need a map to find them!

Have a good one, everybody! Cool

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2007, 4:26pm

Post #17 of 156 (277 views)
Shortcut
*snicker* Thanks, Altaira! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2007, 4:28pm

Post #18 of 156 (287 views)
Shortcut
Well, it was last week... [In reply to] Can't Post

... and although it warmed up a bit here again this week, I'm imagining it as cool as last week so I don't have to go back and forth between my Spring/Summer Usual and my Fall/Winter one. Heh. :)

I hope you and your family have a great weekend, AE! :)

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Sep 21 2007, 4:31pm

Post #19 of 156 (293 views)
Shortcut
BTW, going to a concert on Nov. 1st. [In reply to] Can't Post

TobyMac and Barlow Girl. Barlow Girl got messed up by the airlines and missed a free concert in Pasadena back in July.

Now I'm taking my girls to this one in Little Rock.

Been to any good ones lately?

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:32pm

Post #20 of 156 (323 views)
Shortcut
Improper? You partier you! [In reply to] Can't Post

We're having a Bilbo' Birthday moot with Aunt Dora, RosieLass and some Tolkien Society friends tomorrow. Then Sunday is going to be nothing but relaxing and watching sports!

Have a great one AE!Smile

TORn Calendar

Ginger
Rohan

Sep 21 2007, 4:32pm

Post #21 of 156 (296 views)
Shortcut
Men in tights! Almost as good as men in kilts! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a great time! It sounds like fun.

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 21 2007, 4:33pm

Post #22 of 156 (312 views)
Shortcut
Twist my arm [In reply to] Can't Post

*ouch, ouch!* Okay, okay, I'll join you! Laugh

Oh, sounds like a great time, Entmaiden. Don't lose the map! ShockedWink

*hugs!*

TORn Calendar

Advising Elf
Rohan

Sep 21 2007, 4:34pm

Post #23 of 156 (278 views)
Shortcut
Cleavage and tights. Something for everyone! // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Advising Elf on Sep 21 2007, 4:35pm)

Ginger
Rohan

Sep 21 2007, 4:36pm

Post #24 of 156 (293 views)
Shortcut
It's always something, isn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

I do enjoy yardwork though. I love seeing things grow (despite what I do to the plants!). Our trees are starting to turn though, so I know yardwork will give way to shovel snow work.

Enjoy the weekend, AE. And it's good to see you.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Sep 21 2007, 4:38pm

Post #25 of 156 (296 views)
Shortcut
*flying tackle hug* [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you, too!

*musses up hair* Looking gorgeous!

What is it, 6 inches now? Or have I lost track of time?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.