The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
'Globe Trekker' spotlights New Zealand and 'LotR'

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 24 2007, 2:08am

Post #1 of 6 (901 views)
Shortcut
'Globe Trekker' spotlights New Zealand and 'LotR' Can't Post

I'm watching a show on PBS now called 'Globe Trekker'. This episode spotlights New Zealand, and of course they visit some of the spots where the movies were filmed. It's an entertaining show, especially if you're planning a visit soon!

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

SandWitch King
Rohan

Feb 24 2007, 6:27am

Post #2 of 6 (810 views)
Shortcut
I imagine a TV special on grass growing in NZ would be interesting to you right now [In reply to] Can't Post

As for me, I just decided I want to spend two weeks in Turkey. Not that I will, only that I want to.

Any TORnados in Turkey?

Once upon a time I was MrCere. I still am but this name is for posting and being part of the community while that one is for official business. 8-)

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 24 2007, 2:46pm

Post #3 of 6 (785 views)
Shortcut
I am excited [In reply to] Can't Post

...but probably not enough to watch grass grow! There was a segment on the Fox Glaciers that has made me want to move some things around so we can get down there, though.

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 24 2007, 4:01pm

Post #4 of 6 (791 views)
Shortcut
If you can, do. [In reply to] Can't Post

The glaciers are amazing and very accessible with guides. Just *don't* step over the barrier to get closer to the terminus face of the Franz Joseph glacier - people keep doing it and last week two ended up in hospital when an ice cave collapsed on them.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Elven
Valinor

Feb 24 2007, 6:56pm

Post #5 of 6 (783 views)
Shortcut
A friend has just returned from NZ .... [In reply to] Can't Post

and he has a 'illness' for sending the tackiest postcard he can find ... he goes out of his way to hunt them down and send them to me ... and every year he goes, I get three ... one years batch was so bad he sent the same postcard on 3 occassions. While I was screaming for anything LoTR - he sent me a pencil case Shocked Sly

But this year he returned with 'The Art of The Lord Of The Rings by Gary Russell' - I forgave him for every postcard :) ... he did say though, he had a bit of trouble finding any LOTR merchandising ... but Im sure thats because the pub doesnt sell much LoTR or offer that unique M-E fan 'shopping' experience.

Turkey sounds nice SandWitch King .... I still am hoping to one day go to the Antarctic - but I have to learn how to knit socks first Sly

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Feb 24 2007, 7:42pm

Post #6 of 6 (830 views)
Shortcut
Turkey scares me. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure it's an interesting place to visit, and my curiosity is just a little piqued after having read The Historian, but I'd be terrified I'd be framed for having drugs in my luggage or something.

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but then TX seceded.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.