Post #1 of 12 (691 views)
Shortcut
A picture of Gandolf~^^ Can't Post

Hi,I'm new here
just bring a picture to say hello to everyone
it is by my boyfriend,also a super fan of tLotRs~

hope to have more friends here!

Middle Earth,my Never Land for ever

(This post was edited by Eleanor on Sep 20 2007, 2:50am)

diedye
Grey Havens

Sep 20 2007, 3:09am

Post #2 of 12 (517 views)
Shortcut
It's Gandalf... [In reply to] Can't Post

GANDALF, GANDALF, GANDALF!!!!

*ahem*

Your picture is apparently an error message. Perhaps the link is incorrect?

Welcome to the boards by the way. Smile

Eleanor
The Shire

Sep 20 2007, 3:20am

Post #3 of 12 (509 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf T_T [In reply to] Can't Post

i don't think the album is right for this forum.............i could see the picture but it seems that you couldn't.............. i'm so sorry =_= i'm so careless,making that stupid spelling mistake...T_T

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 20 2007, 5:44am

Post #4 of 12 (514 views)
Shortcut
You might try uploading it to photobucket.com [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had very good luck using that site to host the pictures I post here. Welcome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

Eleanor
The Shire

Sep 20 2007, 7:08am

Post #5 of 12 (511 views)
Shortcut
Try again... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot,it's so nice of you,Dora~

It's not a very good work....but it has some Gandalf's spirit,I think~
I wish it won't disappoint you =3=

I'll draw more...but I'm only good at drawing girls.......

P.s.do Gandalf have a nickname?...A lot of my friends call him TOFU

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 20 2007, 10:00am

Post #6 of 12 (492 views)
Shortcut
When you realize you've [In reply to] Can't Post

made a booboo, i know it makes you freak-out. I have done this TOO often over the years. I tell myself, I will just continue to try to do better and realize that there kind and loving people here. I know on a 1st post it is worse but please don't fret.

I really like your Gandalf. It has a real life 'game face' expression in a real life (M-E) situation. It is the expression i imagine he gave Grima or Denethor. It is nice work. I am looking forward to seeing more of your 'expressiveness' of hand.
Welcome and, carry on:).

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 20 2007, 1:28pm

Post #7 of 12 (528 views)
Shortcut
Ooh, very nice! Why "Tofu?!" [In reply to] Can't Post

I really like the eyes. But then Gandalf's eyes are remarkable anyway.

I don't know of any nicknames for Gandalf beyond the ones in the book: Grey Pilgrim, Stormcrow, etc. as well as his many more serious names like Mithrandir and Olorin.

I guess a few people here have called him 'Gandy' on silly occasions.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

Eleanor
The Shire

Sep 21 2007, 9:47am

Post #8 of 12 (762 views)
Shortcut
Gandy is lovely [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe Gan"dalf" sounds a little like tofu,haha...really more silly than Gandy,isn't it
we often make fun of this nickname Tongue

orcbane
Gondor

Sep 23 2007, 3:28am

Post #9 of 12 (460 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf the Tofu [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats a good likeness. Captures the lines of Ian McKellan's face and character well.

stormcrow20
Gondor

Sep 26 2007, 6:14pm

Post #10 of 12 (452 views)
Shortcut
Great job! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your drawing is well done, I like it!

Don't worry about your misspelling! Nobody's perfect, as much as we try to be! Everyone makes a mistake now and then, even if it's just a slip of the finger on the keyboard. Just be careful not to spell Tolkien as "Tolkein".....sometimes that causes people's eyes to roll back in their head and steam to shoot out of their ears! Wink

Did you also draw your avatar image? Who is it, if you don't mind my asking?
I've often wondered what Lord of the Rings characters would look like in anime/manga style!

As for Gandalf's nicknames.....grammaboodawg has made a list of his many names here.

I look forward to seeing more of your artwork!

Expect me when you see me.

Eleanor
The Shire

Sep 28 2007, 12:42pm

Post #11 of 12 (438 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Did you also draw your avatar image? Who is it, if you don't mind my asking?
I've often wondered what Lord of the Rings characters would look like in anime/manga style!

As for Gandalf's nicknames.....grammaboodawg has made a list of his many names here.

Thank you! For appreciation and understanding...Blush
In fact the names in tLotRs are difficult to remember...haha. When I read it the first time at the age of 12,I ended by the beginning of the Two Towers,because I couldn't tell who was who! ~=v=~

the girl of my avatar image is made up by myself...She is very like me~ hoho. just a common school girl with short hair.^^
Speaking of manga style...I drew a Eowyn.ha. I'm good at girls~
and also a Luna Lovegood in my sketch book.(donno if you like Harry Potter Tongue)

I'v never realized our dear Gandy has so many names!~

echoladyuk
The Shire

Oct 4 2007, 7:18pm

Post #12 of 12 (465 views)
Shortcut
A different way of looking at it [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not a very good work....but it has some Gandalf's spirit,I think~

I have to disagree that it's not good work, when I looked at your picture it reminded me of the moment in the film when the three hunters meet up with Gandalf again after thinking he was dead.
They are confused as to whether it is Gandalf or Saruman they meet. You seem to have captured the essence of both of them in this picture, so reminds me of this moment. In the film they start with Christopher Lee's voice and it changes to Ian McKellan's whilst he speaks.
It is brilliant......

Heart

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.