The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Seeing all your own threads

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 17 2007, 9:28pm

Post #1 of 5 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Seeing all your own threads Can't Post

It would be great if there was a utility that allowed you to see at a glance from the main forum view, which threads you have previously participated in. I realize this is probably a limitation with this specific board software, but thought I'd mention it anyway in the off chance that someone's keeping a "future features" list. Cool

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 17 2007, 9:31pm

Post #2 of 5 (1109 views)
Shortcut
There's a few ways [In reply to] Can't Post

to do that, sort of.

1) Go into your own profile and at the bottom, click on 'Show user's Posts" That will give you a list of all the posts you've made, then you can go right to those threads.

2) Use the "Search" funciton (yay-we-have-a-freaking-search-funciton!!! Laugh) to search on your name. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 17 2007, 9:34pm

Post #3 of 5 (1108 views)
Shortcut
Re: There's a few ways [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I'll probably use #1. I have a terrible memory when it comes to "in which thread did I say that?" Just FYI - some other boards have a function where a little dot or something shows up beside a thread if you've contributed to it in the past. It's not terribly common, though. Frown

linkin-artelf
Lorien

Feb 18 2007, 4:18am

Post #4 of 5 (1108 views)
Shortcut
What's a funciton? [In reply to] Can't Post

2) Use the "Search" funciton (yay-we-have-a-freaking-search-funciton!!! Laugh) to search on your name. Smile

You used it twice so it can't be a typo.Tongue
Sounds like some funky new tool and I want in.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"I walk along the shore and I gaze
At the light that radiates down
Will it travel forth to you
Far across this shimmering sea?"
formerly linkinparkelf

BG
Board Developer / Moderator

Feb 18 2007, 6:31am

Post #5 of 5 (1233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [linkin-artelf] What's a funciton? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is what you want:

The search functionality is also at the bottom of the page, too. Smile

(This post was edited by BG on Feb 18 2007, 6:34am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.