Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Calling Colorado-area TORnFolk!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Dec 31 2011, 10:56pm

Post #1 of 14 (530 views)
Shortcut
Calling Colorado-area TORnFolk! Can't Post

Interested in a Moot? If so, what are your good day(s), date(s), time(s), place(s)? Please feel free to PM me if you don't want your social calendar broadcast.Wink

I'll post the resulting Moot once we get the when-and-where set!

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - getting thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit from Bag End to the Lonely Mountain

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 3 2012, 1:29am

Post #2 of 14 (262 views)
Shortcut
Count me/us in! [In reply to] Can't Post

BG and I are definitely up for a meeting with our Colorado sibbies. It's been far too long.

I'll PM you with possibilities.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 3 2012, 5:50pm

Post #3 of 14 (404 views)
Shortcut
Not in Colorado, but close. =) [In reply to] Can't Post

Depending on when you plan it, I might be able to make it as well. I've made the trek from SLC to Denver a few times for tOR.N moots. =)

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================
Elcenia

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 6 2012, 8:50pm

Post #4 of 14 (266 views)
Shortcut
I'm interested! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm mostly free evenings and weekends. I know in the past we've sometimes chosen a more central location like Louisville or Longmont, but of course Loveland is great for me :-D I'm scared of driving in Denver traffic, so I'd rather avoid that, but somewhere in Broomfield or something might work for me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

RosieLass
Valinor

Jan 6 2012, 9:25pm

Post #5 of 14 (351 views)
Shortcut
Ooh! Ooh! Ooooh! [In reply to] Can't Post

//Arnold Horshack voice off//

I'm interested, definitely!

Saturdays are good, but it would have to be a Saturday that I'm not running Mom around on her errands. So good Saturday dates would be January 21 or February 4 or 18.

I could also do any Sunday afternoon.

Weeknights aren't so great, because I couldn't get anywhere earlier than, say, 7:00, but if that works best for everyone else, I would still come.

Pretty much anywhere is fine with me, although we do tend to gravitate north, since that's where the Altairas and the Bagginses live.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

(This post was edited by RosieLass on Jan 6 2012, 9:27pm)

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 16 2012, 11:19pm

Post #6 of 14 (335 views)
Shortcut
Date and time TBA soon! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for the delay; with Cookie Season nearly upon me, I'm having to jigger my weekend schedules a bit, but we'll have a moot on a Sunday afternoon in early February, probably along the I-25 corridor between Denver and Longmont - specifics to come later this week!

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - getting thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit from Bag End to the Lonely Mountain

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 20 2012, 10:25pm

Post #7 of 14 (234 views)
Shortcut
Colorado Moot on Sunday, February 5th [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll meet @ 2:00 at the Chili's off of I-25 and Hwy 7 north of Denver for snacks/appetizers/really-early-dinner and, of course, the excellent company of our fellow TORnFolk. See you there!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 20 2012, 10:33pm

Post #8 of 14 (252 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll plan to be there. Weather permitting. ;-)

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 20 2012, 11:36pm

Post #9 of 14 (232 views)
Shortcut
Oops [In reply to] Can't Post

Typical of my schedule this time of year, and despite what I told you earlier, I won't be able to make it that day (it literally just changed about an hour ago). Frown

Any chance of making it another day? If not, enjoy the moot and I'll miss everyone!!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 23 2012, 4:10am

Post #10 of 14 (247 views)
Shortcut
Or would Sunday, February 12th work for interested folks? [In reply to] Can't Post

Same time and location as in my earlier post, I'm just trying to figger a way to get Altaira there!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 23 2012, 4:18am

Post #11 of 14 (242 views)
Shortcut
Looks good for me. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 23 2012, 4:25pm

Post #12 of 14 (231 views)
Shortcut
Yes, that works for me! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope it works for everyone else. If not, do carry on on the 5th without me. And, thanks again for doing the organizing! Smile

TORn Calendar

RosieLass
Valinor

Jan 23 2012, 4:25pm

Post #13 of 14 (240 views)
Shortcut
Any Sunday works for me! // [In reply to] Can't Post

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 23 2012, 8:13pm

Post #14 of 14 (364 views)
Shortcut
We have a winner! Colorado Moot - Sunday, February 12! [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll meet @ 2:00 at the Chili's off of I-25 and Hwy 7 north of Denver for snacks/appetizers/really-early-dinner and, of course, the excellent company of our fellow TORnFolk. See you there!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.