Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
A SPECIAL SONG PARODY written for and dedicated to Quacking_Troll (with links explaning why)

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Dec 27 2011, 5:23am

Views: 273
Shortcut
A SPECIAL SONG PARODY written for and dedicated to Quacking_Troll (with links explaning why) Can't Post

This song parody was written for and dedicated to Quacking_Troll, a TORn forum participant and Champion of the FOTR 10th Anniversary Party "Warm Up" Act Parody Puzzle #1, which I hosted at the LOTR Movie Forum the day before said recent party. I wrote it this very evening as my act of contrition for messing up big time! A background on how I messed up big time can read about here: ( http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded; here:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...b=post_time;so=DESC; and here:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...?post=412663;#412663) (We have PM’d, he was really cool about it.)

As part of my apology, I gave Quacking_Troll the choice of either the song, the artist, or the music genre to be parodied, as well as subject matter from either The Hobbit or LOTR. He gave me a selection of songs to pick, including “My Generation” by the Who, about Gollum.

Here it is, for Quacking_Troll:

GOLLUM’S OTHER SONG, by THE WHOOM*

Village had to put us out (Talkin' self in plural person….)
Once beloved Déagol was found (Talkin’ ‘bout his strangulation….)
Names they called felt awful c-c-cold (Talkin’ how they cast aspersions….)
We still have our ring of gold (Talkin’ ‘bout our Ring fixation….)

This we loves but we hates it
This we loves but we hates it, precious!

While we slowly f-f-fade away (Talkin’ ‘bout our transformation….)
Both of us try to have our s-s-say (Talkin’ schizoid separation….)
We’re not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Hidin’ out for generations….)
This is our new occupation (Talkin’ ‘bout our Ring fixation….)

This we loves but we hates it
This we loves but we hates it, precious!

Why don’t you, oh! just g-g-g-go away (Hopin’ for your acquiescence?)
Because of ME we still live t-t-t-today (Talkin ‘bout our co-dependence…..)
I’m not trying to cause a b-b-b-big suspicion (Talkin’ ‘bout these midgets’ mission….)
I’m just talkin’ ‘bout our acquisition (Talkin’ ‘bout our tunnel vision....)

When she eats, then we takes it
When she eats, then we takes the precious!
Mah-mah precious, takes it
Mah-mah precious, takes it

Sméagol flies! We’re falling d-down (Talkin’ ‘bout our gravitation)
Where the magma swirls around (Talkin’ ‘bout our immolation)
Finger tasted oddly c-c-c-cold (Talkin’ digit mastication)
Yeah, now we die for a ring of gold (Talkin’ fateful destination)

This is our destination
This is our destination, precious!
Mah-mah mah-mah (mah precious) d-destination

[Fade in:]
(Talkin’ ‘bout our destination)
(Talkin’ ‘bout our destination) Talkin’ bout
(Talkin’ ‘bout our destination) Our destination!
(Talkin’ ‘bout our destination) Our destination!
(Talkin’ bout our destination) This is our destination precious!
(Talkin’ bout our destination) This is our termination!
(Talkin’ bout our destination) This is annihilation!
(Talkin’ bout our destination) Eucatastroph-ication!
(Talkin’ bout our destination) This is our destination!

Source song links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtrkt1xlbE0
http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/11617/

*THE WHOOM is comprised of:

John Ent-wistle on bass
Keith Luna-redwood on drums
Roger dal-Tree on vocals and guitar
and
Peat-moss Town-Sandalwood on lead guitar

(They're REALLY hasty, esp. for Ents.)

Quacking_Troll, I hope you’ve enjoyed these apology-parody lyrics, and thanks for being so cool about the whole thing.

"That doesn't make much sense to me. But then again, you are quite small. Perhaps you're right."

Subject User Time
A SPECIAL SONG PARODY written for and dedicated to Quacking_Troll (with links explaning why) Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Dec 27 2011, 5:23am
    Oh wow, I couldn't think of a substitute word for generation... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Dec 27 2011, 1:10pm
        It is? Many happy returns of the day, QT! // dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Dec 27 2011, 5:18pm
        Happy birthday! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Dec 27 2011, 7:33pm
    For "Whoom" the Troll Quacks! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Dec 27 2011, 5:17pm
        Wow, thanks dernwyn :-) Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Dec 27 2011, 7:55pm
    Too, too funny! Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Dec 27 2011, 8:21pm
        hehe! many thanks, o.-sempai :-) // Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Dec 27 2011, 8:39pm
    *applause* Well Done and Well Placed :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 31 2011, 4:24pm
        belated thanks gramma! (whoops, sorry for missing this earlier!) // Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jan 18 2012, 3:45am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.