Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
FOTR 10th Anniversary Party Song Parody “Warm Up Act” #2

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Dec 18 2011, 5:42pm

Post #1 of 5 (326 views)
Shortcut
FOTR 10th Anniversary Party Song Parody “Warm Up Act” #2 Can't Post

To quote Van Morrison, Hey there amigo! (or something like that….)

And now, about to take our stage number *Two*, our next opening act. For one (day, night) only, it’s

[BLEEP]

Whoops nearly did it again. I’ll have to watch that.

This time, the game is a bit different from Warm Up Act #1. This one is called

“FINISH THE PARODY” CONTEST CHALLENGE edition

Here’s what you’ll need to do:

OBJECT.

In this game, you get to be creative. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is twofold:

1. Decide for yourself the tune that is being parodied below, based on what you see;

2. Complete the parody about Gandalf the Grey, by filling in the blanks (No, this is not my way of trying to get other people to finish writing my song parodies for me! I have already written my version. I will post it later in a “FOLLOW/WRAP-UP” post within this thread as the Party winds down);

3. The lyrics you see below are suggestions/clues only! You may freely replace them with your own, so long as you try to fit them into the structure of the song being parodied! (unless you elect the ALTERNATE “LYRICS OUTSIDE LINES (LOL)” VARIANT below, at your option.)

4. ALTERNATE “LYRICS OUTSIDE LINES (LOL)” VARIANT

If you prefer: structure, schmuckture. Go crazy with your bad self and present your own Gandalf the Grey related parody of whatever tune you choose. If you elect this option, please announce clearly that it’s a “LOL VARIANT” parody at the top.

GUIDELINES.

Be creative! Unlike the “Guess the Lyrics” game, there are no right or wrong “answers” (but please observe THE ONE RULE, below). Try to match the parodied/source song, or at least the structure as shown below, as closely as you can. At the same time, try to include as much Gandalf the Grey content as you can fit into the song structure. Conversely, try to avoid Gandalf the White references (but that’s only a guideline, which has been violated by the lyrics below, whoops).

THE ONE RULE (to all them Ringers?.... I *slay* myself! Hey, don’t look at me so encouragingly….)

Stay within the structure you see below. Each blank line represents one line of verse that is missing. This Rule does not apply if you are electing the LOL VARIANT explained above.

OK then, are we ready to get creative?

Let’s get our microphones and LET YOUR LUNGS OUT (by writing)!!!!!

ODE TO THE GREY WIZARD

___________ come in __________
_______ come and go,
_______, serving the Secret Fire,

CHORUS:

VERSE 2:

CHORUS 2:

VERSE 3:

Deep in Moria, ere your fall,
A clash rings out hidden from the sky.
“Fly you fools!” you gave your life,
but your came back clothed in white…

CHORUS 3:

CHORUS 4:

Good luck, enjoy, have fun, make note of the fire exit locations, and as John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival says, there is a bathroom on the right (….or, no? … not that? …. Makes me wonder if I've been singing the chorus of Manfred Mann Earth Band’s “Blinded By the Light” wrong all these years.)

PS if you need a hint, let me know, I'll PM you. Or, once I figure out how to do spoiler tags, I could post a hint with those, as needed.

"That doesn't make much sense to me. But then again, you are quite small. Perhaps you're right."

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Dec 18 2011, 6:51pm

Post #2 of 5 (59 views)
Shortcut
Hate this band with a passion... [In reply to] Can't Post

and so should you, too! I'll take part nonetheless Cool

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Dec 18 2011, 8:54pm

Post #3 of 5 (50 views)
Shortcut
not my favorite, either [In reply to] Can't Post

i was a fan of the earlier stuff. some of the later stuff is ok, can't say hate, but certainly not my favorite.

well, given how you feel about the artist, you should relish the opportunity to modify the lyrics Wink I look forward to seeing how you'll do it.

"That doesn't make much sense to me. But then again, you are quite small. Perhaps you're right."

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Dec 24 2011, 2:19am

Post #4 of 5 (64 views)
Shortcut
Wrap-up, with my version [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks everyone who helped celebrate FOTR 10th Anniversary. it's been fun for me and I hope for you as well.

I wanted to wrap things up with my version of the song parody, which was written between 12-14-2011 and 12-17-2011.

Wander, come in a silver scarf,
Wander, come and go,
Wander, serving the Secret Fire,
Wielding the flame Anor,

With the name Gandalf,
Much more than the name Gandalf,
With the name Gandalf.
Once Olórin, then the name Gandalf.

Wander, walk with a gnarled wood staff,
Beard hang near your hip,
Fireworks flash o’er the Party Tree,
Smoke ring with the shape of a ship.

With the name Gandalf,
Much more than the name Gandalf.
With the name Gandalf,
Once Olórin, then the name Gandalf.

Down in Moria, ere your fall,
A clash rings out hidden from the sky.
“Fly you fools!” you gave your life,
but you came back clothed in white…

With the name Gandalf.
Once more with the name Gandalf.
With the name Gandalf.
Once fallen, kept the name Gandalf.
With the name Gandalf.
Once more with the name Gandalf.
With the name Gandalf.
Once fallen, kept the name Gandalf.

Audio with lyric: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByuyP1PNqKQ
Source lyrics: http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/36803/

Well, it's a work in progress anyway. Cheers!

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 24 2011, 3:11am

Post #5 of 5 (203 views)
Shortcut
at least I have the excuse here that I barely know this song. // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.