Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
'The Hobbit' trailer anticipation thread!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2011, 11:05am

Post #1 of 130 (2792 views)
Shortcut
'The Hobbit' trailer anticipation thread! Can't Post

With less than 24 hours to go, I thought it would be a nice idea to have a thread to let out all our excitement, anticipation, eagerness, exhilaration (and any other synonyms you can think of!), and count down the seconds until it's released.

As I type this it is just 16 hours to go until it is revealed somewhere on the internet!

For those who it is released during the night, will you be staying up or setting an alarm?

Is anybody having a gathering of friends and/or family around the computer?

Is anyone having/planning a mini party? Popcorn and drinks? Yes it’s only 2 minutes but it’s a big deal!

Who can’t stop thinking about it that there work today is going to be greatly affected?!

Is anyone so excited that their friend/spouse/sibling/parent/other has told you to shut up?

Tell us what you will be doing at 7pm PST and let out your excitement!

I suspect that the trailer, once online, is going to be everywhere the following day, and more than likely reach top 10 searched for google/yahoo etc, and tweeting worldwide!

Let the countdown begin!!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Dec 20 2011, 11:06am)

macfalk
Valinor

Dec 20 2011, 11:45am

Post #2 of 130 (1319 views)
Shortcut
It's supposed to be released 4:00 am [In reply to] Can't Post

over here - so I'm debating with myself as to whether I should stay up, or wake up early and set the clock or just get a long night's sleep and watch it calmly when I wake up, hopefully in the best available HD quality on whatever site it is available on.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Dec 20 2011, 11:55am

Post #3 of 130 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Wondering about the same. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to get up at 06:30 AM anyways, so I might just go to bed very early and set my alarm to 03:55, watch the trailer and try to go back to sleep (which will probably be very hard) Smile

Amarië
The Shire

Dec 20 2011, 12:01pm

Post #4 of 130 (1197 views)
Shortcut
Alarm clock [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I'm Spanish, so the trailer will premiere here at 03:00 AM. The next day I have class in college, so I think I'm going to put the alarm clock to wake up, watch it, talk a little about it with you guys and go back to sleep (if I can).

Chopsta123
Gondor

Dec 20 2011, 12:03pm

Post #5 of 130 (1164 views)
Shortcut
what about resolution [In reply to] Can't Post

im wondering if the films shot in 5k will they also release a Ultra-high-definition trailer something along the lines of 4k. That would be truly EPIC!

Will definatley get no sleep before it is dropped upon me at 4am.

The videoblog is never late. Nor is it early.
It arrives precisely when it means to.

maut
Rivendell

Dec 20 2011, 12:07pm

Post #6 of 130 (1158 views)
Shortcut
As it will be 7 am here [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to set my alarm...
usually I get up at 8 so, that's a not big dealSmile

Far over the misty mountains cold

To dungeons deep and caverns old

We must away ere break of day

To seek the pale enchanted gold.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Dec 20 2011, 12:08pm

Post #7 of 130 (1168 views)
Shortcut
I have a 50" 3D TV with surround sound... [In reply to] Can't Post

It has the ability to convert 2D images into very basic looking 3D. Might hook my laptop up to that if I'm not too tired by 3am. **smug** Cool

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Dec 20 2011, 12:10pm

Post #8 of 130 (1174 views)
Shortcut
I don't understand why it's not in 48 fps... [In reply to] Can't Post

Quint said it will be in 24fps because of the lack of 48fps projectors... but a PC monitor or TV can output 48 or 60 fps fine, most the games I play are at 60fps... Crazy

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2011, 12:10pm

Post #9 of 130 (1134 views)
Shortcut
jealous! [In reply to] Can't Post

very very very jealous Shocked

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Dec 20 2011, 12:12pm

Post #10 of 130 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Well, any TORnFolk are welcome to come round [In reply to] Can't Post

if they promise not to steal anything Tongue

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2011, 12:18pm

Post #11 of 130 (1180 views)
Shortcut
I was hoping to snatch that 50" TV of yours while you were out of the room ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2011, 12:23pm

Post #12 of 130 (1150 views)
Shortcut
It will be released arouns 5 am if my math skills works... [In reply to] Can't Post

(I hate timezones...)
So I will sleep and wake up with the good feeling that all the hardcore fans (not that I'm not hardcore) have been fighting to get the trailer, and then uploaded it and spread it around the internet :)
So I won't stay up or wake up in the middle of the night for this :P
I can wait because I'm not conscious while sleeping anyway, so it won't feel longer anyway ;)

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2011, 12:28pm

Post #13 of 130 (1152 views)
Shortcut
Spain is not different! [In reply to] Can't Post

hola Amarië!

a guy from Spain here too! i have to wake up at 5:30 so i guess i´ll see it when i get up, buena suerte intentando dormir otra vez Tongue

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2011, 12:31pm

Post #14 of 130 (1172 views)
Shortcut
Time remaining: [In reply to] Can't Post

14 hours 28 minutes

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Dec 20 2011, 12:43pm

Post #15 of 130 (1108 views)
Shortcut
The reason I want to see it early... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is so that I can be part of the discussion afterwards, instead of reading a million posts from the night before Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2011, 12:53pm

Post #16 of 130 (1084 views)
Shortcut
I want to be part of all the excitement and everything as soon as it is released. [In reply to] Can't Post

I used to frequent another forum when Return of the King trailer was released - and I got a real buzz about being part of it at the time.

Like you said I don't want to trawl through hundreds of posts, or make posts about seeing something in the trailer (like: OMG!!!111 did you see Gollum's foot, as that would be me), which someone had already pointed out a million posts ago and and had already been discussed Blush lol!

This is a really bad day for doing work...

Amarië
The Shire

Dec 20 2011, 12:59pm

Post #17 of 130 (1087 views)
Shortcut
¡Hola! =D [In reply to] Can't Post

Qué bien encontrar a alguien de España aquí *spanish high five*. Definitely, I will try my best to sleep again after watching the trailer.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2011, 1:09pm

Post #18 of 130 (1088 views)
Shortcut
high five choca esos cinco! [In reply to] Can't Post

pues si por que te sientes ocmo si te relajaras mas de pronto hablando en castellano hahaha but it´s a pleasure to share with all the people here our middle earth experiences, so i have a little surprise when the trailer comes!XD

Lindele
Gondor

Dec 20 2011, 2:51pm

Post #19 of 130 (1013 views)
Shortcut
I really really wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

to wait until I go see Tin Tin tomorrow night in theaters, to get my first experience with the trailer.
But I don't think I can wait,
plus I work at a TV network called Reelz, that's all about movies, so it is going to be PLASTERED everywhere tomorrow in my office....and all of the people that always make fun of me for my 'obsession' with all things Tolkien will be pestering me all day, asking if I've seen the new trailer.
But thankfully I'm only an hour different that pst so i won't have to get up in the middle of the night.

alienorchid
Lorien

Dec 20 2011, 3:08pm

Post #20 of 130 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just going to be watching it by myself ... I'm SO EXCITED! I wasn't even this excited when I saw the first promo images! It's at 4pm tomorrow, here in NZ, so at least I don't have to set an alarm!

I've just been re-watching Sherlock and I noticed that Martin Freeman sometimes does this little sniff..... just like Ian Holmes does as Bilbo in LotR <3 he's going to be perfect!

Lindele
Gondor

Dec 20 2011, 3:13pm

Post #21 of 130 (978 views)
Shortcut
agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Dec 20 2011, 3:27pm

Post #22 of 130 (1005 views)
Shortcut
I'll be in the hospital because [In reply to] Can't Post

I've already eaten my finger nails long ago and moved on to the fingers... Tongue

Nah. It'll be 5 in the morning here, so I'll be surfing on the net, probably watching videos in YouTube to kill the time. And nomming good food. I just remembered I have forgotten a 1,5 liters Coca-Cola bottle on the balcony for a month... thankfully there has been mostly sub-zero temperatures, so it should still be okay. Laugh

<3 Gandy, Raddy, Sharkey, Ally & Pally <3

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Dec 20 2011, 3:29pm

Post #23 of 130 (985 views)
Shortcut
There'a are perilous mountains of epic discussions ahead of us... [In reply to] Can't Post

Beware the trolls!

<3 Gandy, Raddy, Sharkey, Ally & Pally <3

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2011, 3:33pm

Post #24 of 130 (984 views)
Shortcut
More traffic [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be interesting to find out whether there has been an increase in traffic into TORn and the forum over the last couple of days. Would also be interesting to find out what the maximum people visiting here at 7pm PST is. Is there anyway of finding this out? I know if you click on "Who's Online" you can get basic information, but out of pure interest a time-series of visitor count would be interesting!

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2011, 3:35pm

Post #25 of 130 (965 views)
Shortcut
Trolls [In reply to] Can't Post

No doubt from tomorrow onwards we are going to get posters claiming that there mum's dad's aunt's cousin's niece's sisters brother-in-law works on The Hobbit Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.