Post #1 of 9 (330 views)
Shortcut
Amusing Ebay find :) Can't Post

Gollum takes a day job?

Chance favours the prepared mind.
http://simulflow.vox.com

the eye of luinfalathiel

the eye of luinfalathiel

(This post was edited by luinfalathiel on Feb 23 2007, 9:32pm)

shuya
Rivendell

Feb 23 2007, 9:47pm

Post #2 of 9 (209 views)
Shortcut
He could be a hobbit too! [In reply to] Can't Post

All he needs is a curly wig and he could be a drunk little rednosed hobbit!

I'm having trouble deciding if I think he's cute or creepy...

RosieLass
Valinor

Feb 23 2007, 10:13pm

Post #3 of 9 (208 views)
Shortcut
I'm leaning toward "creepy," myself. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yikes! And I don't even suffer from clown-phobia.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Sherry
Rivendell

Feb 23 2007, 10:36pm

Post #4 of 9 (223 views)
Shortcut
Is my name 'Coco'? [In reply to] Can't Post

My subject line is even slightly topical. Wooo.

*throws herself a partay*

Thats just a tad creepy that clown :/ In fact more than a tad.

''Pooh!'' he whispered.
''Yes, Piglet?''
''Nothing,'' said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. ''I just wanted to be sure of you.''

What I am listening to

New boards = new nick. Registered User formerly known as Arwenelf

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Feb 23 2007, 10:47pm

Post #5 of 9 (202 views)
Shortcut
Yoicks! Scary. [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you noticed the double-jointedness of the fingers of the person holding the clown? Ouch...

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 24 2007, 4:21am

Post #6 of 9 (204 views)
Shortcut
I may have missed something... [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you just making up random subject lines because you're annoyed about the changed default?

And doesn't it take more effort to do that than to simply write a useful subject line that will give readers a clue about what your post pertains to?

TheOneRing.net – where everybody knows your name!
And J.R.R. Tolkien’s middle names… and the name of his publisher’s son … and the name of Aragorn’s great-great-great- grandfather on his mother’s side… and what Frodo’s name almost was…

Sherry
Rivendell

Feb 24 2007, 10:47am

Post #7 of 9 (188 views)
Shortcut
I just initial mine individually with sticky labels [In reply to] Can't Post

Annoyed? Moi? No, not really. And I am far from making things up :)

''Pooh!'' he whispered.
''Yes, Piglet?''
''Nothing,'' said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. ''I just wanted to be sure of you.''

What I am listening to

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 24 2007, 4:11pm

Post #8 of 9 (185 views)
Shortcut
I'll take it that's dripping with sarcasm [In reply to] Can't Post

And to be honest it's making long for the ignore feature, simply because it's very distracting, and if you post a serious response to someone it's hard to take it, well, seriously. :)

TheOneRing.net – where everybody knows your name!
And J.R.R. Tolkien’s middle names… and the name of his publisher’s son … and the name of Aragorn’s great-great-great- grandfather on his mother’s side… and what Frodo’s name almost was…

Sherry
Rivendell

Feb 24 2007, 5:50pm

Post #9 of 9 (210 views)
Shortcut
Unable to post: You must enter a subject [In reply to] Can't Post

There was no sarcasm intended in my earlier reply to you (or to anyone else). Its all meant lightheartedly and as a bit of fun. That you don't see it that way, I can do nothing about. We differ :)

And as for subject lines, as I said earlier, I am not making anything up in replies. As many as I can I am trying to relate to the post/topic in hand. When it became default to enter a subject line, I got creative. I had been happy to have the posters line appear, and just went with something else other than my own words when the default was changed.

Does having my subject lines run with such things as 'Well' or 'It might be' or 'Let me see' as examples, have any bearing on what the content might be? I could talk about anything once inside the post. For the most part so far here, my replies inside the post have dealt with the topic of the thread, in fact pretty much everything has been related to the discussion threads. The nice thing with this forum is you can read all the replies open without having to click on each post, so people can skip mine by regardless of the subject line. I actually tend not to even bother reading subject lines once a thread is open and I am in flat reading mode. I simply read the posts. And the joy of an OT forum is that it is OT and its nice to be able to let loose a little. At least how I feel about it.

I think those that have been around long enough know the kind of poster I am, and that when I speak seriously, I make it quite clear its my intent. And if the subject line is a little different then :) I'm replying to a person in a thread, that person will understand I am replying to them, even if the subject line is maybe a little quirky. I intend to post (and have done so already) self written subject lines for my own header posts in OT (unless I come across a brilliant line that suits the subject) and Main.

Bearing in mind your comments here, I shall refrain from replying to you with anything other than something bog standard in my subject line in future :)

''Pooh!'' he whispered.
''Yes, Piglet?''

What I am listening to

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.