Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Viggo Mortensen and The Hobbit !

Rogash
Bree

Sep 13 2007, 3:54pm

Views: 1561
Shortcut
Viggo Mortensen and The Hobbit ! Can't Post

Since he doesn’t actually appear anywhere in the book, hardcore fans of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle Earth legendarium might scoff at the notion of seeing Aragorn in a “Hobbit” film.
Not “Lord of the Rings” star Viggo Mortsensen who has at least left the door slightly ajar.
“I’m curious about it,” he told MTV News about his potential involvement in a long rumored “Hobbit” flick. “LOTR’ borrowed from other sources. There was dialogue and set pieces that came from work outside of ‘Lord of the Rings,’ or took from the appendices. You never know.”
Indeed, nearly all of Aragorn’s romance with Arwen (Liv Tyler) was drawn from Tolkien’s appendices and retroactively inserted into the Ring narrative by director Peter Jackson. A similar ploy could be used to bring Aragorn back for Bilbo’s journey (or, perhaps more appropriately, to surround and follow Bilbo’s journey), since Tolkien provided an extensive backstory for the once and future king of Middle Earth in his other writings.
Jackson himself commented on some of these potential plot lines in an interview last September with AICN, where he talked about how he’d “love to work with Viggo again [possibly by having] Aragorn protecting the Shire.”
But with all that said – and despite the fact that he’d be game – it “doesn’t seem like I would be part of [“The Hobbit”],” insisted Viggo. “Anybody that likes Tolkien or Peter Jackson’s trilogy is interested in what happens [but] I’m not really in the loop.”
According to Viggo, though, one thing’s for certain: Whether he’s in it or not, he thinks there’s only one man that could possibly bring the story to the big screen.
“It seems pretty obvious that Peter Jackson would be the person to direct it,” he said, echoing statements made by his ‘LOTR’ co-star Orlando Bloom to MTV News in May. “If they do it I hope Peter gets to do it.”
Ok hardcore fans: would you support a “Hobbit” story that had brief scenes with Aragorn? What about if it was a two-part tale, with the second movie connecting “Hobbit” to “LOTR”? Sound off below.

Subject User Time
Viggo Mortensen and The Hobbit ! Rogash Send a private message to Rogash Sep 13 2007, 3:54pm
    Could be, could be ... Idril Celebrindal Send a private message to Idril Celebrindal Sep 13 2007, 4:06pm
        Paging Aunt Dora entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Sep 13 2007, 4:59pm
            *ears burning* :-) Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 13 2007, 5:49pm
                Just wanted to let you know sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Sep 13 2007, 7:08pm
                    Oh, thank you! :-) Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 13 2007, 7:53pm
                Very nicely written, Aunt Dora kareniel Send a private message to kareniel Sep 13 2007, 11:16pm
                    Thank you! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 14 2007, 1:09am
                mods up!! Good Story... Good info :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 14 2007, 9:17am
    Please, no. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 13 2007, 4:33pm
        There has been talk of 2 films deej Send a private message to deej Sep 13 2007, 5:33pm
            They can only take material from LOTR entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Sep 13 2007, 5:45pm
                Well, if they want to use Viggo Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Sep 13 2007, 6:11pm
                    Bring back Stuart Townsend! Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Sep 13 2007, 9:33pm
                        That's what I was thinking.// Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 13 2007, 10:08pm
                True deej Send a private message to deej Sep 13 2007, 6:36pm
                    Well... Rabittooth Send a private message to Rabittooth Sep 13 2007, 6:53pm
                        Timeline turimel Send a private message to turimel Sep 13 2007, 7:33pm
                            Frodo turns 33, but you're correct entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Sep 13 2007, 8:02pm
                        Actually... RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 13 2007, 7:33pm
                        From Tolkien's timeline Idril Celebrindal Send a private message to Idril Celebrindal Sep 13 2007, 8:03pm
            I know, and I don't like the sound of it. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 13 2007, 7:39pm
    Whose knows where I Ranger will suddenly pop up ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Sep 13 2007, 6:13pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.