Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
'The Hobbit' trailer to debut in front of 'Tintin', says Elijah Wood
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Welsh hero
Gondor

Nov 28 2011, 1:55pm

Post #1 of 30 (1741 views)
Shortcut
'The Hobbit' trailer to debut in front of 'Tintin', says Elijah Wood Can't Post

Click here

Twitter: @IrfonPennant

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Nov 28 2011, 6:28pm)

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Nov 28 2011, 2:11pm

Post #2 of 30 (818 views)
Shortcut
I think your clicky needs to be repaired. [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like something happened to make your clicky not turn out right. Maybe one of the mods can fix it?

“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

Ececheira
Bree

Nov 28 2011, 2:21pm

Post #3 of 30 (750 views)
Shortcut
Clickable [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/...ays-elijah-wood.html

(This post was edited by Ececheira on Nov 28 2011, 2:24pm)

Groppe
The Shire

Nov 28 2011, 2:32pm

Post #4 of 30 (768 views)
Shortcut
Surprise Surprise! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think most people had deduced that it wasn't going to be in front of Tintin, due to the difference in production companies. Any chance it might be in front of a Game of Shadows as well?

(This post was edited by Groppe on Nov 28 2011, 2:33pm)

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2011, 2:53pm

Post #5 of 30 (730 views)
Shortcut
Nothing confirmed though [In reply to] Can't Post

"I have not seen it. I have spoken to people about the trailer, I have a sense of what's going to be in it, he told Digital Spy. "I think it's going to be in front of Tintin when it's released in the States."

Thorgal
Bree

Nov 28 2011, 2:57pm

Post #6 of 30 (795 views)
Shortcut
Tintin bad [In reply to] Can't Post

Well tintin is old in Europe...quite bad movie. This means in a month or something?

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2011, 3:01pm

Post #7 of 30 (719 views)
Shortcut
Didn't he say "i mean", not "i think"? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounded like "i mean" to me. Anyway, it would surprise me if we wouldn't see a teaser next month. We'll find out soon enough in front of which movie(s) it's gonna play.

Welsh hero
Gondor

Nov 28 2011, 3:01pm

Post #8 of 30 (745 views)
Shortcut
yes [In reply to] Can't Post

will debut in Europe with Sherlock Holmes.....

Twitter: @IrfonPennant

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 28 2011, 3:52pm

Post #9 of 30 (736 views)
Shortcut
So, when in Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tintin has been running for quite some time over here, and I hardly think they are going to attach the trailer to a 2-3 months old movie few people over here will be able to see since it has already been out so long.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

little mouse
Rivendell

Nov 28 2011, 4:54pm

Post #10 of 30 (636 views)
Shortcut
Obviously no one knows for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

But I don`t think it will be Tintin, we already said the reasons

And Wood said that he "thinks", so this is not for sure

And Tintin is a great movie, as far as I know Belgian humor didn`t kill anyone, so I recommend it

Alientraveller
Lorien

Nov 28 2011, 6:40pm

Post #11 of 30 (625 views)
Shortcut
Tintin is out in America on 21st, Mission Impossible 4 will be out in UK that day [In reply to] Can't Post

So hopefully I'll get to see it in front of Brad Bird's live-action debut. :D

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Nov 28 2011, 7:55pm

Post #12 of 30 (565 views)
Shortcut
No surprise [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll wait for the online debut then.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

TheCoon
Lorien

Nov 28 2011, 9:33pm

Post #13 of 30 (501 views)
Shortcut
if this is true [In reply to] Can't Post

it will be online precisly 10 years to the day that FOTR came out!!!!!!!

Gandalf'sMother
Rohan

Nov 28 2011, 10:15pm

Post #14 of 30 (461 views)
Shortcut
Is it possible [In reply to] Can't Post

The online version will be released earlier?

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Nov 28 2011, 10:30pm

Post #15 of 30 (441 views)
Shortcut
I still think it will be in front of Sherlock Holmes first. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

TheCoon
Lorien

Nov 28 2011, 10:55pm

Post #16 of 30 (440 views)
Shortcut
WB does that a lot [In reply to] Can't Post

several potter tailers were put online 2 days before their debuting film

Snaga
Lorien

Nov 28 2011, 10:58pm

Post #17 of 30 (455 views)
Shortcut
Another reason to go see Tin Tin. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not like I needed one. I checked a couple of the books out of the library last year and read them to my youngest. He's really excited about these movies.

Of course there's two other good movies coming out around the same time: Sherlock Holmes and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, that I just got to see. So either way I'm covered.

shirehobbit
Rivendell

Nov 28 2011, 11:04pm

Post #18 of 30 (517 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

My Dad is taking me and my sis to see Tin tin. I think it looks like a good movie and I can't wait to see it! and a hobbit trailerSly... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I know some people say teaser, but E Wood said trailer so that's what I'm sticking with.SlyWinkAngelicSmileSlySlySlyShockedBlush

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2011, 11:22pm

Post #19 of 30 (477 views)
Shortcut
Why do people write/pronounce it as "Tin Tin"? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just Tintin Cool

Theodred
Lorien

Nov 28 2011, 11:55pm

Post #20 of 30 (427 views)
Shortcut
If so, that day will be probably on December 19, 2011... [In reply to] Can't Post

because the Fellowship of the Ring was released on December 19, 2001 as you all probably know. If not, you can read it here (Halfway through the text: Releases/Theatrical):

Code

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring was released 19 December 2001. It grossed $47 million in its US opening weekend and made around $871 million worldwide.

Maybe you can remember the Unexpected Party Chat with Guillermo del Toro and Peter Jackson.

Code

In this interview, someone asked this:
Q. reel1: Hi, Guys. Was it intentional to release the first Hobbit film on the 10 year anniversary of FOTR?
Peter Jackson answered:
Dear Razor – No this is the first time I have actually thought about it … that is nice I will claim credit for the idea from this day forward

Because of all the problems and delays with the Hobbit movie along the way, it became impossible to release the first Hobbit movie on December 19, 2011. But now, it has been announced that The teaser trailer for The Hobbit will be realeased around Christmas. Imo, 1+1=2, so I'm almost 100% sure the teaser trailer for The Hobbit will because of this be released on the internet on December 19. Does this sounds logical or not?

http://dehobbithyve.hyves.nl/
http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/the-hobbit-news-widget-ronald_40

Bladerunner
Gondor

Nov 29 2011, 12:24am

Post #21 of 30 (478 views)
Shortcut
What have I got in my pocket? [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe this question will become the catchphrase of 2013 popular culture once the first Hobbit film is released.

(I got to thinking about that line while wondering what snippets of dialogue might make it into the first trailer; however, that line may be too iconic to include in a trailer).

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Nov 29 2011, 3:19am

Post #22 of 30 (382 views)
Shortcut
Or: What has it got in its pocketses? // [In reply to] Can't Post

"That doesn't make much sense to me. But then again, you are quite small. Perhaps you're right."

Elladan
Rivendell

Nov 29 2011, 7:58am

Post #23 of 30 (344 views)
Shortcut
Tinker tailor not out yet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Really, I swear that film ran like 4 months ago over here, How come Europe is getting all the early releases all of a sudden?

irodino
Bree

Nov 29 2011, 3:49pm

Post #24 of 30 (233 views)
Shortcut
It should be TinTin [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes perfect sense considering PJ is the producer AND is directing part 2 and many from Weta are involved as well. It is in his best interest to make sure TinTin's attendance is boosted by the Hobbit trailer.

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that terrible in-between."

Gollum the Great
Rohan

Nov 29 2011, 3:50pm

Post #25 of 30 (244 views)
Shortcut
yayayayayay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I sure hope it comes out with Tintin (did I spell that right? Wink)

I'm not planning on seeing Sherlock Holmes II, it's not my kind of movie (I disaprove of manic-depressive-ninja-spastic-psycho versions of Holmes. Bleh.)

But I think Tintin looks fun, and I'm dying now, hoping that TH trailer comes out then. Otherwise I'd have to pay for a ticket to Sherlock, watch TH trailer, and then leave. Tongue

Lord Sméagol? Gollum the Great? The Gollum! Eat fish every day, three times a day; fresh from the sea. Most Precious Gollum!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.