Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Possible Hobbit teaser attached to Sherlock Holmes 2

Junesong
Rivendell

Nov 21 2011, 5:27am

Post #1 of 23 (2010 views)
Shortcut
Possible Hobbit teaser attached to Sherlock Holmes 2 Can't Post

The internet is buzzing!

http://collider.com/...rlock-holmes/127633/

"Tim... Canterbury... Canterbury Tales... Chaucer... Shakespeare."

(This post was edited by Junesong on Nov 21 2011, 5:28am)

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Nov 21 2011, 6:09am

Post #2 of 23 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Not surprised, that's a good time to tease a bit. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure the same teaser will also be attached to Tintin as well. I wonder how much of a teaser it will be though? Just some title graphics and a voice over? Or maybe some shots of Bag End? I wonder if they'll use the same title theme music for The Hobbit as they did when "The Lord of the Rings" would appear on screen in the same font?

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Ececheira
Bree

Nov 21 2011, 6:48am

Post #3 of 23 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Not really [In reply to] Can't Post

Tintin is distributed by Paramount and Columbia I believe so it's not likely they will attach a trailer for a rival (Warner Bros) distributor's product to one of their movies. Just saying...

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 21 2011, 7:04am

Post #4 of 23 (1058 views)
Shortcut
I hope it's more than a title and a voice over... [In reply to] Can't Post

But who knows, maybe that's all it will be. The title will pop up, and we'll hear Gandalf say "some dragons just want to watch the world burn..."

titanium_hobbit
Rohan

Nov 21 2011, 7:22am

Post #5 of 23 (1055 views)
Shortcut
will it also be released online? [In reply to] Can't Post

Because I don't really want to see Sherlock 2 (not a fan)

Hobbit firster, Book firster.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2011, 7:22am

Post #6 of 23 (1049 views)
Shortcut
So it will most likely go online on the 14th then? [In reply to] Can't Post

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Nov 21 2011, 9:00am

Post #7 of 23 (989 views)
Shortcut
Ah...I was mistakenly thinking Tintin was a WB production. [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Nov 21 2011, 9:06am

Post #8 of 23 (1037 views)
Shortcut
Hee Hee! I called that way back in August. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

With 480 days to go before release...another 200 to go for principle...carry the 1, multiple times the inverse, divided by.....the internet videos probably are the teasers, but a good place to stick an official theatrical teaser would be on WB's Dec. 16 release of "Sherlock Holmes: a Game of Shadows".

http://newboards.theonering.net/...=sherlock%20;#386668

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 21 2011, 9:25am

Post #9 of 23 (1077 views)
Shortcut
Two things [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Sounds great. Sherlock will be a great opportunity. Tintin has been out already for weeks and there was no Hobbit trailer attached to that movie and as someone said earlier its not a WB film so I call that one highly unlikely.

2. I just walked into Valinor! Cool

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

sueb1863
Rivendell

Nov 21 2011, 11:20am

Post #10 of 23 (986 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure it'll be online in a matter of hours when it does come out, even if it's not official. Somebody somewhere will record it on their cell phone.

I wouldn't expect much, beyond maybe a few shots of Hobbiton, maybe a shot of Gandalf and Bilbo, and perhaps the Ring. I'd love for the Dwarves to be included but we probably won't see them until the first full trailer.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 21 2011, 11:30am

Post #11 of 23 (986 views)
Shortcut
One does not simply walk into Valinor. [In reply to] Can't Post

One gets welcomed into it! *gets out bubbly miruvor, pops the cork* Congrats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Nov 21 2011, 11:43am

Post #12 of 23 (965 views)
Shortcut
I think it's more likely to be attached to a 3D movie... [In reply to] Can't Post

If it's Happy Feet Two then we have little over a week Tongue

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2011, 11:45am

Post #13 of 23 (970 views)
Shortcut
Most trailers are officially released online two days before the trailer debuts in cinemas. [In reply to] Can't Post

So we should expect it to go online over at either Apple or Yahoo on the 14th.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2011, 12:29pm

Post #14 of 23 (932 views)
Shortcut
Hey, congrats! // [In reply to] Can't Post

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?

Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013: Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main (image courtesy of Arwen's daughter)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Nov 21 2011, 3:37pm

Post #15 of 23 (937 views)
Shortcut
Oh wait is it confirmed or a rumour?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I misread the article the first time and now I'm confused...

Junesong
Rivendell

Nov 21 2011, 5:41pm

Post #16 of 23 (869 views)
Shortcut
A likely rumour [In reply to] Can't Post

The article provides a tweet as evidence - but the tweet is from an entertainment correspondent for Variety magazine. And a quick look at Twitter shows quite a bit of buzz around a Hobbit teaser coming soon.

This buzz - added to what Andy Serkis said a few weeks ago - makes me believe it.

It also seems likely that the teaser will be attached to Sherlock - because it's WB, and I believe it's being released in 3D too... although I may be wrong about that.

I just feel like PJ would want you to see the first footage of The Hobbit as it should be seen - through tinted glasses.

"Tim... Canterbury... Canterbury Tales... Chaucer... Shakespeare."

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2011, 6:02pm

Post #17 of 23 (832 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! over 3000 posts goodness me that's crazy [In reply to] Can't Post

The Blue Wizards = Enigma = Great topic for Fan Fiction (proper fan fiction of course)

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2011, 6:07pm

Post #18 of 23 (842 views)
Shortcut
Nah I'm sure they'll put in the dwarves, they are central to the plot :) [In reply to] Can't Post

what I'm kinda worried about is when they so a full scale trailer, I'm hoping they wont do one of those cliché children's film things where you profile every character in the trailer, and make it sound as if its a comedy.

But I seriously doubt they'll do this.

I'm really really really looking forward to this teaser!!!

The Blue Wizards = Enigma = Great topic for Fan Fiction (proper fan fiction of course)

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2011, 8:00pm

Post #19 of 23 (826 views)
Shortcut
Sherlock is 2D only... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It also seems likely that the teaser will be attached to Sherlock - because it's WB, and I believe it's being released in 3D too... although I may be wrong about that.

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Nov 22 2011, 2:58am

Post #20 of 23 (748 views)
Shortcut
Yes I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo and the Dwarves will be teased to some extent. Looking forward to it.

I wasn't a fan of the RDJ Sherlock either, but I did think Jude Law was terrific as Watson.

I may give the RDJ Sherlock 2 a whirl especially if The Hobbit trailer is attached.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

Milknut
Rohan

Nov 22 2011, 10:15am

Post #21 of 23 (705 views)
Shortcut
It's amazing [In reply to] Can't Post

how that LOTR teaser failed utterly to capture the tone of the actual films... hopefully TH will do better!

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie___

rings7
Rohan

Nov 22 2011, 10:24am

Post #22 of 23 (722 views)
Shortcut
Was that the first teaser ever?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be honest, i became a fan UNTIL i saw FOTR, so i missed all the trailer expectation thing. Even when they were in Cannes i didnt care lol.

But if that's how is gonna be for the first Hobbit teaser i'm gonna be one happy fan.

Melilot
The Shire

Nov 22 2011, 1:02pm

Post #23 of 23 (780 views)
Shortcut
Hated every second of it [In reply to] Can't Post

at the time. I did see that LotR trailer at the theatre. And oh, how well I knew that this would be just excruciating.
It's nice to be proved wrong occasionally. Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.