The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
"Frodo's Headshots"

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 15 2011, 12:55am

Post #1 of 7 (728 views)
Shortcut
"Frodo's Headshots" Can't Post

That's the name of tonight's Two and a Half Men episode. The description is: After being released from the hospital, Alan is faced with challenges that test his mental stability.

I have no idea how they'll work Frodo in and is headshot a photo or shot to the head?

I don't plan on watching. I'm kind of over that show.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 15 2011, 2:08pm

Post #2 of 7 (479 views)
Shortcut
That sounds fascinating! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've rarely watched it, but I'm bummed I didn't see this episode just to see how they handled it. I'll check youtube and the network's site and see what happened.

Thanks for the "heads" up, m'dear!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 16 2011, 12:38pm

Post #3 of 7 (456 views)
Shortcut
Yes, do let us know [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not interested in watching the show either, but I am always interested in Frodo!

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 16 2011, 3:02pm

Post #4 of 7 (513 views)
Shortcut
I did watch it during commercial breaks (spoilers of course) [In reply to] Can't Post

(of the other show I was watching)

Alan apparently has been in a 'stress clinic' due to some break down?

He got out and went home and found out his son had made a girl pregnant. This son is a bit clueless. They’re going to name the baby Frodo, teach the baby to talk and audition him to replace the current E-Trade baby who has to be "getting up there in years." (because neither of the parents will have jobs nor graduated high school)

The title comes in at some point when the son throws out that they'll need money for Frodo's headshots.

and just in case you 'need to know' and want to be spoiled...

everything that happened in the show - all if it bad towards Alan - turned out to be a dream and Alan is still in the 'stress clinic'.

LOTR soundtrack website

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 16 2011, 10:54pm

Post #5 of 7 (448 views)
Shortcut
Bwahahahaa!! oh for goodness sake! [In reply to] Can't Post

Spoiled or not... I'm going to go see it. What a riot! Thanks, Magpie :)

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 17 2011, 7:40pm

Post #6 of 7 (458 views)
Shortcut
Well, that is bizarre [In reply to] Can't Post

Except for the "it's all a dream," which is too convenient for TV writers and has been done before. The rest of it, very very odd. Sure he was in a stress clinic and not rehab for too many psychodelics?

As much as I love Tolkien, I don't think I'd call my baby Frodo. A pet maybe, might get a Tolkien name, and I know many people have a Pippin-dog or a Bilbo the bunny. I did have a stuffed frog once that I called Bilbo (should have named it Gollum). And others have used some of the less recognizable of Tolkien's names for children. But naming a poor defenseless kid Frodo seems cruel to me.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 17 2011, 10:37pm

Post #7 of 7 (427 views)
Shortcut
Well, the whole show is a bit bizarre [In reply to] Can't Post

and I think it's just gotten more so as they try to find their way without Charlie Sheen.

LOTR soundtrack website

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.