Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's time for FIESTA HOMECOMING 2011 !!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Mar
Gondor

Nov 12 2011, 12:05am

Post #176 of 243 (1721 views)
Shortcut
Well met! Speak 'friend' and enter L. Ron // [In reply to] Can't Post

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 12 2011, 12:10am

Post #177 of 243 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Ooo I want to pinch those adorable cheeks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean the baby's of course. Yes, baking and cold wet weather come together. Good to see you Ro and to know life is good for you and NZ Strider.

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 12 2011, 12:43am

Post #178 of 243 (1768 views)
Shortcut
What an adorable picture! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope the shaking has died down a bit there!

Join us in the Reading Room as we discuss the LotR Appendices! The real stories behind the Numenorians, Rohirrim, Elves, and Dwarves!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 12 2011, 12:45am

Post #179 of 243 (1837 views)
Shortcut
Aloha to all of you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I never make it in before the bar closes, but it's nice to see you all again! Just think how much we can celebrate this time next year, with The Hobbit about to open!

Not much news from me, I'm home nursing a cold this weekend.

Join us in the Reading Room as we discuss the LotR Appendices! The real stories behind the Numenorians, Rohirrim, Elves, and Dwarves!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2011, 1:02am

Post #180 of 243 (1788 views)
Shortcut
Helloooo [In reply to] Can't Post

Here I am, at the American Physical Society Prairie Section conference.
I had to give a talk about my summer research this morning, and I think that my brain is fried after listening to so many talks (more tomorrow...)

I'll grab myself a slice of coconut cream pie, yum

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 12 2011, 1:14am

Post #181 of 243 (1771 views)
Shortcut
Cripes! That's wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a feeling your eldest is going to do some great things on the big screen since she's already accomplished so much! She's one of those 110% people in the things she believes in :)

1310!!! WOW! That's what my Niece school counsellor/therapist calls "scary smart" :) Another one that will do some very wonderful things!

And a book-lover :) Little AE is hitting the ground running, too! Cripes, Dad.. I think there's one common denominator in all of this! *winkie, wink*

I'll bet they've all been worried about that Papa.

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 12 2011, 1:22am

Post #182 of 243 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Ro!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG! She's gorgeous!! She shines happy! Wow... getting so big so fast. I'll bet the princeling's have a great time with her :)

Cripes it's great to see you :) I'll bet your days are action packed!

*massive hug* Say hi to NZS and huggle the kiddies for me!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 12 2011, 1:31am

Post #183 of 243 (1760 views)
Shortcut
*Ears perk up* [In reply to] Can't Post

Train projects? What train projects? I think that's where Uncle Baggins is right now, at the Boys and Girls Club doing train projects with the kids there.

Your daughter is a little dolly :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 12 2011, 1:53am

Post #184 of 243 (1839 views)
Shortcut
Happy Homecoming, TORNsibs all! [In reply to] Can't Post

My internet got knocked out for a few days due to necessary rewiring during a kitchen remodel, so I'm a bit late. But that makes the homecoming aspect even better, after all. It's nice to be back online again, and especially nice to be back on TORN. Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2011, 2:06am

Post #185 of 243 (1783 views)
Shortcut
At least you didn't get "Return to Sender" upon your arrival! :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to see you, L. Ron -- I hope things are well with you these days! When are you next headed our way?

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Nov 12 2011, 2:52am

Post #186 of 243 (1804 views)
Shortcut
Possibly for the Hobbit premiere! (Just a wild ambition at this point).// [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 12 2011, 3:13am

Post #187 of 243 (1808 views)
Shortcut
The Map! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for linking to that, that has got to be one of the best moments on TORn! Smile

And you handled the Map adventure as well as circumstances allowed. There were a lot of stresses all around, but this was a group effort, and we all pulled together and got one another through it, with the most extraordinary wonderful result! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 12 2011, 3:14am

Post #188 of 243 (1721 views)
Shortcut
Hey! She's here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome back - and I hope you can poke in more often! Smile

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 12 2011, 3:16am

Post #189 of 243 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Hello Ginger! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is good to see you here. Thoughts of you do go through my mind wondering how all is going. HUG!

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 12 2011, 3:21am

Post #190 of 243 (1745 views)
Shortcut
Hail brother! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have lost count of the years. Hoom Hom. It has got to be around 7 or so.
May we roll ever on.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 12 2011, 3:23am

Post #191 of 243 (1806 views)
Shortcut
Oh, my, what a sweet face! [In reply to] Can't Post

She looks just like a little doll! A new name...hmm...well, since she's smaller than a filly, what about Swish-tail or Bumpkin? Angelic Have her brothers begun to spoil her yet?

Yes, we need another good pants thread sometime - or at least, a pun war, we haven't had one for a bit. Need to look for an opportunity...

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 12 2011, 3:29am

Post #192 of 243 (1814 views)
Shortcut
This bar's always open! [In reply to] Can't Post

*puts on hot water for tea, gets out honey*

Hope your cold is coming to the end of its cycle!

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 12 2011, 3:39am

Post #193 of 243 (1883 views)
Shortcut
Hello gramma and all the gang near and far. [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been a hecticly eclectic day and besides that there was all this different stuff to doCrazy.

I am glad to see a goodly number of sibs getting together today. It is a happy thing.

We have seen a goodly amount of the neatest events come to pass over the years, but we are still right in the middle of it all for there is so much yet to pass.

If i may say so, the folk we have that habitate this house are quite special. Not only are they ones to ride the fair winds of Middle-earth, their feet are still firmly on the ground. It has been a ride for me. I have grown in many ways. And you are the reason for it. Love you all.
Hoisting a Becks to toast a wonderful fellowship of good spirits here. May the road go ever on.

— J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 12 2011, 3:49am

Post #194 of 243 (1765 views)
Shortcut
Cheers greendragon! [In reply to] Can't Post

I always wish you the best:).

— J.R.R. Tolkien

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 12 2011, 3:56am

Post #195 of 243 (1766 views)
Shortcut
"May the road go ever on"...amen to that! [In reply to] Can't Post

So much has happened...and still so much to come! Smile

Do you have the woodstove up and running by now?

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2011, 4:41am

Post #196 of 243 (1813 views)
Shortcut
Looks can be deceiving... [In reply to] Can't Post

but in her case, they're not. Smile

Eldarion is great with her, and sometimes insists on sitting with her while I shower, even when she's soundly asleep, just to ensure that she's okay. If she's awake while I shower, he sits with her and reads her books to entertain her. He's also great about shoving her pacifier back in her mouth when she hollers while we're in the car! NZ Walker is pretty good with her, but has a shorter attention span.

And speaking of pants, I find myself trying (and failing) to avoid saying the word "pants" to the natives here: "pants" means "underwear", and they use "trousers" instead. I just never can remember that in time in conversation, and find myself saying things like "That's a nice pair of pants you've got on!" or "I got my pants dirty earlier, but I'm wearing them now anyways". To their credit, they usually don't snigger...

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2011, 4:46am

Post #197 of 243 (1825 views)
Shortcut
Islands of Sodor projects. [In reply to] Can't Post

The boys are absolutely obsessed with all things related to Thomas the Tank engine (and, actually, with anything to do with trains in general); we've got extensive collections of tracks in three different styles (wooden, blue plastic, and grey plastic). Any arrangement of tracks that they put together is an "island", as in an "Island of Sodor". I am constantly stumbling over engines, train cars, and tracks scattered about the house. Uncle Baggins must have a fantastic time at the Boys and Girls Club playing trains; what a great thing to be involved with. My boys would love to play with him!

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2011, 4:55am

Post #198 of 243 (1785 views)
Shortcut
Whoohoo! Cheers! [In reply to] Can't Post

How fantastic to think of you and L Ron enjoying the Deathly Hallows together. Hope you're enjoying yourselves! Great to see you here, even if it's just a drive-by posting. I hope things are well with you!

(This post was edited by Roheryn on Nov 12 2011, 5:03am)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 12 2011, 4:58am

Post #199 of 243 (1733 views)
Shortcut
Me too :-D [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I am constantly stumbling over engines, train cars, and tracks scattered about the house.

Except my "boy" is 60 years old. He'd love to play trains with your boys too :-)

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Laerasëa
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2011, 5:32am

Post #200 of 243 (1795 views)
Shortcut
Happy homecoming, Menelwyn! Good to see you :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

‎"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
--George R.R. Martin

Mozart and Chocolate
The College Student's List
Tolkien and Taters
Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal

(This post was edited by Laerasëa on Nov 12 2011, 5:34am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.