Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's time for FIESTA HOMECOMING 2011 !!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Nov 11 2011, 5:51pm

Post #76 of 243 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Whew! What a save! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad this is a "remember that time when..." rather than anything more serious. Happy repairing!

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - getting thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit from Bag End to the Lonely Mountain

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Mar
Gondor

Post #77 of 243 (1862 views)
Shortcut
Serendipity! Cheers Inferno! Glad you had an itch // [In reply to] Can't Post

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #78 of 243 (1802 views)
Shortcut
For you m'dear... absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

UP Pumpkin Butter!! Oh man... my mouth is watering now!

I wish I was up there with you... though I bet you had a bit of snow over the past day or so ;)

Take care, Sweet Friend!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

HappyHobbitess
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:52pm

Post #79 of 243 (1772 views)
Shortcut
Poor Scout! [In reply to] Can't Post

Poor thing! Happy healing to him!

By the way, Scout's a great name for a pet. My friend's beloved cat from childhood was a Scout.

Have a lovely and relaxing weekend! Yay laying around in jammies!

"Yes, but what about SECOND breakfast?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 11 2011, 5:53pm

Post #80 of 243 (1787 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, Mar! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heh, I think my mega-dose of ibuprofen will do the trick, but thank you.

I do love to bake, if only for the aromas! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Magpie
Immortal

Post #81 of 243 (1811 views)
Shortcut
*looks closely at Notta* [In reply to] Can't Post

He likes the North Shore of Superior and drinks Leinies. Where are you from again? ;^)

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ginger
Rohan

Post #82 of 243 (1872 views)
Shortcut
Any hard lemonade still in stock? [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I just came back from my lunch walk in snow and a bit of stinging hail, so I could use a hot chocolate chaser. Quite a combination!

I tend to lurk once or twice a week. My responsibilities at work have just grown and grown, and I don't get online at home. But I sneak in when I can, and I have to check out the book thread and catch up on TIME.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #83 of 243 (1808 views)
Shortcut
Whew! I'm glad you were so observant! [In reply to] Can't Post

The joy of home ownership---there's always something that needs replacing!

Thank you for the bon voyage. I'll still be around for a couple of weeks, though, and a good thing, too, since I'm not ready Crazy

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Mar
Gondor

Nov 11 2011, 5:54pm

Post #84 of 243 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Ouch! Healing will come quickly. Enjoy your pyjama day! // [In reply to] Can't Post

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #85 of 243 (1796 views)
Shortcut
YUMMMM!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a very... good... cup of hot chocolate for you ;)

I hope you have an awesome weekend, m'dear!!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

Annael
Immortal

Post #86 of 243 (1846 views)
Shortcut
I feel ya [In reply to] Can't Post

it's amazing how losing weight brings out the demons, isn't it? You wouldn't think so, but there are reasons (way beyond "lack of will power" or "emotional eating") that put the weight on in the first place, and losing weight means facing them. Every time I go below a "0" on the scale they pop up.

I found Marion Woodman's "Addiction to Perfection" very helpful for some of this.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Magpie
Immortal

Post #87 of 243 (1818 views)
Shortcut
I hope you have a spectacular time! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Post #88 of 243 (1819 views)
Shortcut
Actually, as quiet as it is around here during the day mid-week [In reply to] Can't Post

I sorta like the busy-ness here on the weekends. I think it's because the house gets livelier on Saturdays. There's an everyday kind of magical quality to it.

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - getting thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit from Bag End to the Lonely Mountain

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Ginger
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:55pm

Post #89 of 243 (1865 views)
Shortcut
How is it going with you, AE? [In reply to] Can't Post

How's the probably not so little guy anymore?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 11 2011, 5:55pm

Post #90 of 243 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you remember how easy it was to crash those boards - and how rapidly threads could fall off the first page, and fade into near-oblivion!

We have excellent Boards-masters, that's fer sure! Smile

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:56pm

Post #91 of 243 (1820 views)
Shortcut
Heya Inferno!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

See! Fate take a hand! I hope all is well with you and that you're having oodles of fun :)

Here's one to keep you busy whilst visiting.

Take care... it's great to see you :D

sample

Unused Scenes

HappyHobbitess
Rohan

Post #92 of 243 (1810 views)
Shortcut
That's a great way of putting it, Arandiel! [In reply to] Can't Post

...indeed, it will make a good story, because something much scarier didn't happen! Smile

Thanks for the well-wishes!

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Post #93 of 243 (1789 views)
Shortcut
I don't think I could do this too often! [In reply to] Can't Post

We have spent most of the day on the sofa. Usually our sofa can go days without even being sat on!

We've even decided to order a take-out tonight, so we don't even have to make the effort to cook!

RosieLass
Valinor

Nov 11 2011, 5:57pm

Post #94 of 243 (1832 views)
Shortcut
Being a bisy backson today! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our repro/office assistant is out on vacation this week, and I've been covering for her, so I've had lots to do. But I think it's under control. For now...

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this weekend. For once I'm not coming off dogsitting all week and feeling like I have a bunch of catch-up to do!

Following the Hobbit news is somewhat different for me than it was following the LOTR movie developments. While I do like The Hobbit very much, it's not as close to my heart as LOTR is, so I don't feel as strongly about the suspected changes as I did 10+ years ago.

I also haven't had a celebrity crush in a while, so...thank you Richard Armitage! Heart Laugh

(I can't find the swoon smiley that I like..with pink floating hearts...)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Ginger
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:57pm

Post #95 of 243 (1799 views)
Shortcut
Bering Sea storm? [In reply to] Can't Post

You're out on the US West Coast, right? My Mom's visiting my brother in Seattle. So when she calls me tomorrow (she calls me every day - I'm in NY), I'll be told it's awful weather?

HappyHobbitess
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:58pm

Post #96 of 243 (1776 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm kind of jealous! Seriously, a person just needs a day to laze around and veg out once in a while. Live it up!

Mar
Gondor

Post #97 of 243 (1761 views)
Shortcut
Life kicks our butts ~ we kick back. Keep on keepin on. // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #98 of 243 (1823 views)
Shortcut
That particular aroma [In reply to] Can't Post

just seems very "home-y"! Even though it's not yet even Thanksgiving, I'll still be frosting these with butter icing and decorating them with red and green cherry halves.

Does Mr. HappyHobbit ice and decorate his? Smile

Magpie
Immortal

Post #99 of 243 (1851 views)
Shortcut
there were wisps of snow in the air yesterday [In reply to] Can't Post

but otherwise it's been fairly warm (for Nov) and snow free. They predicted this. A warm fall. They also predicted a winter nearly as 'bad' (it's all perspective, I suppose) as last year's. We bought our 1st snowblower in anticipation and cut the branches off the pine tree by the back parking pad so we'll have a place to put the snow.

for the moment, it's sunny and a predicted high over the weekend of 50 so we'll be outside winterizing the house and yard.

LOTR soundtrack website

RosieLass
Valinor

Post #100 of 243 (1875 views)
Shortcut
Rah rah ree! Kick 'em in the knee! [In reply to] Can't Post

Rah rah rass! Kick 'em in the other knee!

Angelic

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.