Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's time for FIESTA HOMECOMING 2011 !!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:37pm

Post #51 of 243 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Mar! [In reply to] Can't Post

One Green Tea and the milk of a coconut!

Isn't it a great day to have a Friday? :D

I hope you have an awesome weekend, m'dear!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:37pm

Post #52 of 243 (1935 views)
Shortcut
and no homecoming is complete without......... [In reply to] Can't Post

CAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEE!

http://www.google.co.uk/...p;ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

and Ill have a large drink of hot booozyy chocolate por favore!

winters in! officially! fog for a week...cold wind, a little rain.......
we did well this year its normally icy by now....:)

heres to the next homecoming!
cant wait for xmas 2012!!!!

-e-Heart

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

and through it all we remain strong and true
for eternity is bonds unbroken
beyond the sea...

into the realm of TORN!

wheres breakfast?

beauty is not skin deep, it is as deep as the wish of the beholder.
fore! fore! wassup!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2011, 5:38pm

Post #53 of 243 (1862 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! *raises glass* // [In reply to] Can't Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2011, 5:39pm

Post #54 of 243 (1904 views)
Shortcut
*goes to sit in Magpie's area with milkshake, clinks glasses* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, M! :) *notices snow peas, takes some, glances up at Magpie to see if she notices*

Good to hear from you! What's the soundtrack project?

Hope you're doing well!

‎"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
--George R.R. Martin

Mozart and Chocolate
The College Student's List
Tolkien and Taters
Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal

Mar
Gondor

Nov 11 2011, 5:39pm

Post #55 of 243 (1875 views)
Shortcut
Gold Star for you! Quick thinking and not panicking. Very important! // [In reply to] Can't Post

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:40pm

Post #56 of 243 (1877 views)
Shortcut
Wow!!! That was close!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to you and your Quick reflexes and to the Mr for finding out what happenedk! That could have been horrible! What if you hadn't been in the room?

Here's to good chance and fast action!

Take care, and have a wonderful weekend IN YOUR HOME!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Nov 11 2011, 5:40pm

Post #57 of 243 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Heal well! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a mere lurker back in the days of the old board - what dedication you all have shown over the years to keep everything running so well!

Here's to a speedy recovery and many more returns of the day! (the Homecoming, that isWink)
*raises mug*

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - getting thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit from Bag End to the Lonely Mountain

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

HappyHobbitess
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:41pm

Post #58 of 243 (1887 views)
Shortcut
Bon Voyage, Lily! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a cool opportunity--I hope you have a wonderful time! I seriously hope I get to do something like that someday, but for now, I'll just live vicariously! Wink

"Yes, but what about SECOND breakfast?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 11 2011, 5:42pm

Post #59 of 243 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Interesting that you should mention that! [In reply to] Can't Post

Over on the Hobbit Board, there's a new post with links to all the production videos!

The photos, I think, are scattered throughout. But if she goes through the videos in order she'll have more than enough to satisfy her! Laugh

So how are you all these days? Are you all getting ready for Thanksgiving?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:43pm

Post #60 of 243 (1960 views)
Shortcut
your top three... [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... they were on my mind as I thought about TORn memories. Two were merged. I grew to love Darkstone's responses to my movie quizzes. He is so much fun to play with, if you get what I mean. So many slightly obscure references that I was always delighted when I got.

And not only was that bathing suit fun, I found a picture - some time down the road when the subject came up again - of a man doll in a pink suit that I posted. I want the picture of that doll, too, but I have no idea how to search for it.

(And I really liked the page I did for the journal! It was a great idea.)

I think your link got messed up (at least it didn't work for me) but I got out the post number and worked some magic. It's this one, right?
http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum.cgi?post=85507
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=85507

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Mar
Gondor

Nov 11 2011, 5:43pm

Post #61 of 243 (1831 views)
Shortcut
Purrrfect! My heart is happy. // [In reply to] Can't Post

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:45pm

Post #62 of 243 (1943 views)
Shortcut
Give me a T! Give me an O Give me a.. a... *counts on fingers* [In reply to] Can't Post

Homecoming!! RHA RHA ... dyslexia sucks! ;)

You have your patio done! EXCELLENT! No pressure on trying to get the whole room remodelled before Thanksgiving. YOU'RE A CRAZY GROUP!

Here's your tea, m'dear... and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Lots of quiet and rest. Yeah.. right ;)

sample

Unused Scenes

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Post #63 of 243 (1909 views)
Shortcut
*Clunk* (stoneware mug, after all) Here's to us!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - getting thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit from Bag End to the Lonely Mountain

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #64 of 243 (1890 views)
Shortcut
*clink* And hear again! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Advising Elf
Rohan

Post #65 of 243 (1901 views)
Shortcut
Actually, the important things ARE great! [In reply to] Can't Post

My oldest is in her 2nd year of college and doing GREAT! She is in communications with a *film* emphasis. She's the assistant director on this semester's movie, and she's the producer for next semester's movie. She's done lots of stuff as a freshman and sophomore that usually is only available to upperclassmen because she is always involved in everything going on, even if she isn't in the class or lab.

My middle-child is prepping for college. BTW, she is smarter than me. She got a 1310 on her SAT (I had 1300). BTW, I said that, not her. *chest swells*

Little AE is going on 6 (2 1/2 more months) and he's been reading up a storm for the last year. Mostly self-taught because we haven't been pushing him.

Also got a new puppy. Our oldest dog keeled over (literally) about 2 months ago. The new one is half german shepard and half blue heeler. Her name is Hispaniola. Little AE named her. I was reading Treasure Island to him at the time.

Link to Youtube video about my daughter's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo-bF0u8xI

HappyHobbitess
Rohan

Post #66 of 243 (1899 views)
Shortcut
yay cardamom bread! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aww, I love cardamom bread! I grew up with it but hadn't had it for years and rediscovered it a few Christmases ago. Mr. HappyHobbit braids a mean loaf!

Anyway, happy baking!

"Yes, but what about SECOND breakfast?"

Mar
Gondor

Post #67 of 243 (1862 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps I shall have a wee nip of something stronger in my green tea. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 11 2011, 5:47pm

Post #68 of 243 (1935 views)
Shortcut
Any chance of a lime coke for this oldbie? =) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya Gramma,

Somewhat ironically, I didn't realize today was the homecoming one, just had a few moments, and thought I'd drop in and say hi. =) Course, I'm still technically around, I guess, just more of a lurker than anything else. =)

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================
Elcenia

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #69 of 243 (1841 views)
Shortcut
Excellent List!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

This place really is amazing! Can't wait to see who pops up :D

I hope you have a fantastic weekend, m'dear!!

sample

Unused Scenes

Mar
Gondor

Post #70 of 243 (1899 views)
Shortcut
I love cake! Especially THAT cake. Will try not to get crumbs in my keyboard. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:48pm

Post #71 of 243 (1920 views)
Shortcut
well.... [In reply to] Can't Post

there are actually two soundtrack projects, both which are going to remain slightly mysterious at the moment.

One: the site itself is getting a makeover by a budding artist/web developer (smiles sweetly and mysteriously). It has been a tremendous exercise for me to give up some control over something I've had total control over up till now. I'm sure it's good for me. :-)

Two: I'm working on revamping and compiling bits and pieces of info and resources I've collected over the years. Mostly, it's got to remain a project for private consumption out of respect for copyright. A highly edited version may make its way to public consumption. And the larger project may make it's way to certain friends who I know already have all the soundtrack products. :-)

oh.. and... I just found a little sumpin sumpin for you at the thrift store yesterday. It's something I once owned and thought about giving to you only to realize I'd already given it away. So I was happy to find it. For 69 cents no less!

(and another thrift store find in the last few months: all four BK light up goblets in their boxes - three with the lights never installed and the fourth with the light installed but still working)

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Nov 11 2011, 5:50pm)

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2011, 5:49pm

Post #72 of 243 (1903 views)
Shortcut
A Bailey's on ice please [In reply to] Can't Post

That should start me off nicely on this homecoming Fiesta!

We took Scout to get castrated yesterday. Not because he really needed it, we have no issues at all with his behavior, he's such a soft boy, but now that we have Mira, his blood-sister, I didn't want any accidental puppies. Anyway, there were a few complications in surgery which has resulted in him being in a lot of pain today. He is very sorry for himself right now, he's on some quite strong painkillers but he's really upset! He's back at the vet for a check up tomorrow so fingers crossed!

We have had a bit of a geeky day today. The new Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim came out on the Xbox360. We picked it up first thing, and have been playing it all day! We took the day off work especially! It's lots of fun.

Thats our main plan for the weekend too. Seeing as Scout is laid up for a few days we have the opportunity to have a real lazy weekend, I can't remember the last time I spent the afternoon in my pyjamas!

Happy weekend all! xx

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Nov 11 2011, 5:49pm

Post #73 of 243 (1966 views)
Shortcut
I've gone down another pant size [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is exciting because now I'm a size 12 and can try on clothes in store at most of my old favorite stores. Size 14 and over tends to be either online only or not in stock at all in a lot of brands.

Sadly, every time I hit another weight milestone my depression kicks up another notch. It's been kind of kicking my butt this week and that puts me 5800 words behind for National Novel Writing Month.

So much to sort out in my head!

How about some diet hot cocoa today? Happy Friday, Happy 11-11-11, Happy Veterans Day, and Happy Corduroy Appreciation Day!

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?
Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013
Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Advising Elf
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:50pm

Post #74 of 243 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Hey ho! Maggie! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we joined about the same time.

I would have liked to have been around during production, too. The funny thing is, I have that opportunity now with "The Hobbit", but I'm not taking advantage of it.
Not enough time, or interest, really. I want to see the movies, but...I don't know. Too many other things on my mind, I guess.

Link to Youtube video about my daughter's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo-bF0u8xI

Annael
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:50pm

Post #75 of 243 (1927 views)
Shortcut
since the Bering Sea storm is about to hit us [In reply to] Can't Post

a nice warm Angel Mist please barkeep!

Wow . . . 12+ years since I found TORn and ventured shyly onto the boards, hoping to find at least one other person who loved the book as I did. I never expected to find thousands!

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.