Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's time for FIESTA HOMECOMING 2011 !!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:00pm

Post #1 of 243 (3633 views)
Shortcut
It's time for FIESTA HOMECOMING 2011 !!! Can't Post

Welcome to our 6th Annual Fiesta Homecoming!! Every year we welcome back our TORn alumni, party with our awesome regulars (both of many and few winters) and entice our lurkers to come on out to play!

Feel free to tell some stories of TORn's bygone days, or how it's been to share the experience of watching The Hobbit being filmed, or what the anticipation of finally seeing part 1 in a year and a month is doing to you! If you're thirsty... what'll ya have :)

*kicks jukebox* I'm Going Home – live from Woodstock 1969 by 10 Years After [better crank up the vol to do this right!]

Altaira's Homecoming Fiesta Retrospective:

Homecoming Fiesta threads started in the last year of the first age of the message boards (a few months before the new boards came to be in February 2007). Board members took a vote and decided early- to mid-November [Friday nearest to Veteran's Day] would be a good time to have it because there aren’t any major holidays or Tolkien milestones around this time of year.

Sadly, we don’t get as many oldies as we used to because some of the oldies who used to alert other oldies have also sailed to the west. However, they all continue to be welcome here whether it be at Homecoming Fiesta time or any other time throughout the year.

(1st Homecoming Fiesta): thread gets so big it crashes the boards. A 2nd thread is necessary to free things up. In Home Page news, there were rumors MGM was in talks with Peter Jackson to make two Hobbit movies. The Two Towers complete recordings were released.

2007 (2nd annual Homecoming): First Homecoming Fiesta on the new boards. The Home Page had also been updated after a major crash lasting several days. In Home Page news, the feud between New Line and PJ was delaying Hobbit talks. ROTK Complete recordings were released.

2008 (3rd annual Homecoming): By this Homecoming, we ‘knew’ PJ would produce The Hobbit and Guillermo Del Toro would direct, the Hobbit Movie board was new and the boards were approaching 3,000 new members.

2009 (4th annual Homecoming): FOTR at Radio City; Bilbo casting rumors abounded on the internet; Ian McKellen announced he has read the script for The Hobbit, and we were all looking forward to filming starting in the spring of 2010.

2010 (5th annual Homecoming): Del Toro is out and Jackson is *back* in. A number of major roles have been cast. The boards, especially the Hobbit board, are hopping, getting up to over 800 posts per day overall at times. The boards surpass 5500 registered users.

2011 (6th annual Homecoming): Filming is in full swing both in the studios and on locations all over NZ. The boards went crazy when images of the Dwarves and Bilbo were revealed. Jackson has just released his 4th video blog as he shares the progress of characters, sets and technology. At a random check last night, the boards have over 900 viewers in a 15-minute period and have exceeded 7,080 registered users!

See everyone AND MANY MORE at Homecoming 2012!!!

sample

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 11 2011, 5:02pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:07pm

Post #2 of 243 (2989 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* I'm wearing my old hat ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2011, 5:11pm

Post #3 of 243 (2990 views)
Shortcut
Whoohoo! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, gramma! Happy Homecoming Fiesta! :)

I'll have a Fall/Winter Usual with some whipped cream and sprinkles to celebrate. :) Thanks!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 11 2011, 5:15pm

Post #4 of 243 (3006 views)
Shortcut
All right! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm working really hard, trying to get everything organized before the Gaffer and I take off for the Cruise to Middle-earth, but I'll try to pop back in every now and then today and see what beloved faces are here.

Welcome, one and all!

A quick pumpkin frappuccino please, gramma, to get the old gray cells lighting up and doing what needs to be done.

*Stuffs tip jar with pencil stubs and used pixels*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 11 2011, 5:16pm

Post #5 of 243 (3046 views)
Shortcut
Ah, the crashing of the boards... [In reply to] Can't Post

That first Homecoming was a party to remember! Laugh

Can you imagine, if we'd been given these production videos back during the making of LotR? There would have been be rumours flying even faster! But I'm pleased at the ones we've been getting, I do enjoy the little snippets of speculation contained in them.

And December 2012 will be here before we know it!

Might I have a mug of not-too-hot coffee, please, gramma? Had a broken tooth pulled a short while ago, and now the novocain is wearing off...Tongue

I'm also baking my special "braids" (braided cardamom bread) for a church fair tomorrow, there's a batch doing their first rising now, and the house will smell delightful later. Smile

Got any leaves left on your trees?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:16pm

Post #6 of 243 (2942 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

I almost got it! :D I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

sample

Unused Scenes

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2011, 5:17pm

Post #7 of 243 (2966 views)
Shortcut
Happy Homecoming! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, 6th Homecoming. Time flies when you are having fun!Smile

OhioHobbit and I will have hot chocolate to toast the occasion -- rum in his!

It was fun reading Altaira's Retrospective.

I am looking forward to seeing The Hobbit, but not as obsessively as I was with LOTR. I look over the Hobbit board regularly, but I am not sure I have ever posted on Hobbit Board. We can't see the video updates, so we kind of get left behind on the latest news. It was such fun to look at the spy pictures posted on TORn for LOTR.

Here's hoping lots of people show up for Homecoming! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 11 2011, 5:17pm

Post #8 of 243 (2948 views)
Shortcut
Whipped cream? [In reply to] Can't Post

You should have a slice of pumpkin pie for the whipped cream! Laugh

I hope you're having nice weather for the weekend, Evey! Smile

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

Advising Elf
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:18pm

Post #9 of 243 (2974 views)
Shortcut
An Improper 1420 , please barkeep! [In reply to] Can't Post

Howzitgoin'?

Link to Youtube video about my daughter's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo-bF0u8xI

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:18pm

Post #10 of 243 (2955 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!! Tell everyone over there HOWDY for me ;)

Take care!

sample

Unused Scenes

NottaSackville
Valinor

Nov 11 2011, 5:19pm

Post #11 of 243 (3027 views)
Shortcut
A toast to all those who made the boards great, and all those who keep them that way! [In reply to] Can't Post

I raise a pint of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss in praise of us all!

Notta

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?

Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013: Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main (image courtesy of Arwen's daughter)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #12 of 243 (2938 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) *hugs* // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

maegwen
Sr. Staff

Post #13 of 243 (3026 views)
Shortcut
Enjoy the reunion! Just tea for me, please :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hail and well met, old and new friends.

Can the bartender please slip me two Tylenol and a cup of tea? That would be ever so grand. :)

Have fun!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 11 2011, 5:20pm

Post #14 of 243 (2924 views)
Shortcut
The Cruise! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's right - you're heading to Middle-earth! When will you be leaving, and how long will it be, and where all will it take you? Smile

What's scary, is that I can imagine what "used pixels" look like...Crazy

Mar
Gondor

Nov 11 2011, 5:20pm

Post #15 of 243 (2982 views)
Shortcut
Hallo!!! And off we go!!! And it's 11-11-11 [In reply to] Can't Post

Great choice of music ~ excited to see who all turns up today. I made a fresh batch of ginger-almond-cranberry biscotti for everyone's dunking delight. Cheers and love my wonderful sibs. It's been so many years and so many changes it makes me giggle. I'll grab my new 'usual' green tea with coconut milk and watch the games begin. Will we wear wigs?

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:22pm

Post #16 of 243 (2924 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

How's the music biz?

Link to Youtube video about my daughter's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo-bF0u8xI

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:22pm

Post #17 of 243 (2959 views)
Shortcut
OW! ow..ow...ow.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll pour it from WAY UP HERE so it'll cool off. I'm sorry, m'dear! It's gonna be tough to eat a bit o' that bread :)

yeah... the old boards would definitely be stretching about now ;)

Nope... my trees are sound asleep for the winter already.

Have a wonderful weekend!

sample

Unused Scenes

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 11 2011, 5:22pm)

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 11 2011, 5:23pm

Post #18 of 243 (2946 views)
Shortcut
Have a great weekend, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll throw in an extra sprinkle or two Wink

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #19 of 243 (2946 views)
Shortcut
Is there anything remaining [In reply to] Can't Post

in your garden now? Did you plant any squash this year?

Advising Elf
Rohan

Post #20 of 243 (2939 views)
Shortcut
A cruise! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lucky slob!

I mean...good for you!

;o)

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 11 2011, 5:24pm

Post #21 of 243 (2969 views)
Shortcut
Time does fly---and we're certainly having fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

No, I'm not obsessing over The Hobbit, either, but it's a lot of fun having the production videos and all---and like-minded people to share them with.

A happy weekend to you and OH, too!

Mar
Gondor

Nov 11 2011, 5:25pm

Post #22 of 243 (2956 views)
Shortcut
Sailing off without us? Have a Grand Adventure-share upon your return ok?// [In reply to] Can't Post

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Nov 11 2011, 5:25pm

Post #23 of 243 (2939 views)
Shortcut
Hey, derny! [In reply to] Can't Post

Please point me to these photos and videos. I haven't had the time to keep up with anything to do with "The Hobbit" and my middle-child is chomping at the bit for news!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 11 2011, 5:26pm

Post #24 of 243 (2942 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I promise to kiss the ground at Hobbiton Smile (But you'll have me around to annoy you for another couple of weeks. Tongue )

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2011, 5:26pm

Post #25 of 243 (3012 views)
Shortcut
Uh oh... [In reply to] Can't Post

ok... this is the one with the rum in it.... and this one is a bit tamer ;)

That's a bummer you can't see the blog videos! You must make a trek to the local library and get in there to see them! Take some headphones! They will definitely get your geek-o-meter working!

Have a wonderful weekend, you two :)

sample

Unused Scenes

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.