Concerning the Woot Moot:).
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 6 2007, 9:30pm

Post #101 of 160 (884 views)
Shortcut
I was wondering when you would get here, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you m'dear! I'm curious to know if Paragon enjoyed himself - hope he had a really good time and liked meeting your 'sibs! Smile It was fab to have you both there - here's to the next moot!

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and seeing some pics, when you have a moment!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 6 2007, 11:08pm

Post #102 of 160 (894 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for this, Sil. That's enough now. Hate pics of myself but you're pretty cute/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob
(former nick: "HobbitLoveR*M-e" among several others, briefly)

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 7 2007, 12:49am

Post #103 of 160 (908 views)
Shortcut
Finally! [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally got our pictures up in Flickr; hope the link works. This is an amazing event that we won't forget anytime soon.

Cheers!
ordinaryhobbit

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 7 2007, 12:55am

Post #104 of 160 (893 views)
Shortcut
We should have taken hundreds more... [In reply to] Can't Post

There were literally hundreds more fantastic costumes we could have taken pictures of. We'll do better next time.
You never saw so many great costumes in your life!
Next to being with the sibs, the costume parade and all the folk in these marvelous costumes was the highlight of the con for us.
Has to be seen to be believed.

Hugs to all,
hob

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2007, 1:38am

Post #105 of 160 (844 views)
Shortcut
Aw, you're both [In reply to] Can't Post

good-lookin' folks!

(Wish I could've been in the pic with you...Unsure)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Only I hear the stones lament them: deep they delved us, fair they wrought us, high they builded us; but they are gone. They are gone. They sought the Havens long ago."
(Avatar pic: The Calanais stones, Isle of Lewis)

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 7 2007, 1:42am

Post #106 of 160 (901 views)
Shortcut
It's a great city [In reply to] Can't Post

I love that view of the city. We were there for the Harry Potter book release party. It was held at The Depot Museum on the edge of downtown. What fun it was. The lower half of the museum replicates the era of steam trains, with village shops and a train yard. There are any number of train cars, engines (with one of the biggest steam engines I have every seen) and misc. equipment. If you haven’t been there it is well worth the trip.

But, my favorite thing about Duluth is the lake and the ships. Canal Park is just like a magnet to me. I can hardly stay away.

Cheers!
ordinaryhobbit

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2007, 1:49am

Post #107 of 160 (891 views)
Shortcut
Ooh! Lots of great pics there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of both the Mooters (what were they doing to that Legolas stand-up?) and the costumes! Gotta admit, I did a double-take with those Blues Brothers and George Lucas look-alikes Shocked.

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Only I hear the stones lament them: deep they delved us, fair they wrought us, high they builded us; but they are gone. They are gone. They sought the Havens long ago."
(Avatar pic: The Calanais stones, Isle of Lewis)

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 7 2007, 2:16am

Post #108 of 160 (873 views)
Shortcut
Cute, smute rattle and toot [In reply to] Can't Post

All i see is beautiful, right down deep.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

Radhruin
Rohan

Sep 7 2007, 2:33am

Post #109 of 160 (874 views)
Shortcut
The Depot [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm embarrassed to say that I've never been to the Depot Museum. It always ends up on the "next time" list. And me with my love of trains! With your great review, I'll make it a point to to visit it next time.

I've heard that Glensheen Mansion is also a must see. My parents loved it and were fascinated by the backstory. I just learned that "You'll Like My Mother" starring Patty Duke was filmed there. I had no idea. There really is quite a bit to see in Duluth, besides the scenery. Somehow the scenery is all I've ever explored. From now on, I'll be exploring more!

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
~Chesterton

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 7 2007, 4:37am

Post #110 of 160 (845 views)
Shortcut
= ) [In reply to] Can't Post

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob

deej
Tol Eressea

Sep 7 2007, 12:40pm

Post #111 of 160 (856 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are all great photos - it was especially wonderful to see some from the Chicago Moot. Thank you for posting the link!

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 7 2007, 3:56pm

Post #112 of 160 (872 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful pictures! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know why you hang on to the camera. There are pictures of Hob and your daughter, but none of you!

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 7 2007, 4:59pm

Post #113 of 160 (846 views)
Shortcut
Ah [In reply to] Can't Post

the plan worked. Smile

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 7 2007, 5:07pm

Post #114 of 160 (830 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been fun putting this album together. The Chicago and Indy Moot pictures sure brought back some nice memories.
Thanks again to you and everyone involved who made the Woot Moot such a success.

Cheers!
ordinaryhobbit

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 7 2007, 5:20pm

Post #115 of 160 (853 views)
Shortcut
You know, [In reply to] Can't Post

you just can't be responsible for what goes on in the back row. I thought those look-alikes were especially good also.
There were so many great costumes it was hard to take it all in.

Cheers!
ordinaryhobbit

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 7 2007, 6:55pm

Post #116 of 160 (868 views)
Shortcut
Don't look now, but guess who's posting? Ain't it great! [In reply to] Can't Post

My dear 'ordinaryhobbit' has been posting!
I can hardly get him off the sight he's having such a good time reading everyone's comments and posting the pics and links and stuff! No twisting of his arm from me either.
I sure hope it continues. He's so fond of all the sibs. It's hard to believe how long we've been coming here. It is so much like family.
And now, it just keeps getting better for us. It's a wonderful thing that like you and Don we now share this fandom and family of Tolkienites so completely.
I think it's because he senses so many other shy people in the group who are good and kind (like him) but not so confident. In fact, I think even some of the strongest members on the website are basically shy. The computer has been a blessing, helping us reach out with less stumbling over our words and having to overcome the constraints and pressures that shy people know so well.
Mooting helps us trust one another, too; to get to know everyone a little better just makes us feel included and that we are not so unlike everyone else.
Ah, we'll see how it goes as we get busy in the next few weeks with our own family stuff, but it has been a lovely experience - in so many ways.
Have a great weekend, my friend. Hugs to OH.
More later,
hob

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 7 2007, 9:20pm

Post #117 of 160 (832 views)
Shortcut
let's hope he sticks around! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so great to see everyone's enthusiasm rekindled by a moot. I'm looking forward to seeing more 'sibs in Chicago in November - and maybe even here in Boston in September for Bilbo's birthday - and then of course at DCon next year! Smile And you're right about folks being shy - both CAhobbit and SandWitch King claim to be shy people, but you'd never know it once they're amongst 'sibs! And that's the great thing about this community - we know we're amongst friends, even before we've met, and shyness just melts away. (Of course I'm a very shy and retiring little flower myself... Wink)

I've also noticed how many of the men who post here are into trains! I think we may have to organise a TrainMoot just for them one of these days...

Have a great weekend!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Sep 7 2007, 11:09pm

Post #118 of 160 (810 views)
Shortcut
Shy indeed. You didn't even hit on Fuzzy Captain America!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 7 2007, 11:14pm

Post #119 of 160 (834 views)
Shortcut
I know - and I so wanted to! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes a gal just needs a fuzzy Captain America to keep her safe and warm at night, y'know...? Laugh

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 7 2007, 11:14pm

Post #120 of 160 (870 views)
Shortcut
It didn't work all weekend... [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw you standing behind a star fleet officer!

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 7 2007, 11:20pm

Post #121 of 160 (838 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been nice to see *oh* on the site. OH is glad to see him also! I figured out that Bloomington, IL, is half way between us. It's a shame nothing every happens there! I guess we are recovering slowly from DCon. I am even thinking that maybe I could actually survive next year if we went and wondering what kind of costumes I could make for us.

Have fun with *family stuff* and don't get carried away! You have to conserve your energy for mooting!

You have a nice weekend, also!

Alcarcalime & OhioHobbit

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 7 2007, 11:23pm

Post #122 of 160 (844 views)
Shortcut
Oh, [In reply to] Can't Post

that must have been a cardboard cut out.

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 7 2007, 11:25pm

Post #123 of 160 (879 views)
Shortcut
It sure looked like a real Star Fleet officer! (n/t) [In reply to] Can't Post

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 7 2007, 11:35pm

Post #124 of 160 (833 views)
Shortcut
Scotty! [In reply to] Can't Post

we've got a bit of a problem down here, how soon before that transporters fixed??

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 7 2007, 11:44pm

Post #125 of 160 (879 views)
Shortcut
More DCon pictures... [In reply to] Can't Post

...for them as what wants to see them! Corvar tells me (computer dunce that I am!) that this link should work - so go check 'em out!

http://staff.theonering.net/greendragon/v/DCon+07/

Hope that works...

(This post was edited by greendragon on Sep 7 2007, 11:46pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.