The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Gandalf in the house!

FantasyFan
Rohan

Oct 31 2011, 12:57pm

Post #1 of 6 (890 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf in the house! Can't Post

I'm participating in the Fandom In Stitches new Hobbit-themed block-of-the-month quilt project. The first block is Gandalf!

This was my first try at paper piecing, and next time I'll have to work a little harder to make sure everything lines up perfectly, but it's not too bad and was fun to do.

If any of you Tornadoes are quilters, you should definitely check out this site. The pattern for the next block will be posted Nov 2, and I'm excited to see what it might be.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Nightingale
Rohan

Oct 31 2011, 9:50pm

Post #2 of 6 (437 views)
Shortcut
That is fan-tastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

As I have already posted once today, I can embroider, but can't machine sew for toffee. I will definitely be checking out the site though - perhaps I could recreate the designs some other way - or I might just have to learn to quilt Smile
You have a wonderful talent!

Wraith Buster
Gondor

Nov 3 2011, 10:54pm

Post #3 of 6 (600 views)
Shortcut
That's really cute [In reply to] Can't Post

What do you plan on for the rest of your blocks?

Pedich Edhellen? Lau? Hria cuilė.

End of line.

M&M
Rivendell

Nov 30 2011, 3:01am

Post #4 of 6 (273 views)
Shortcut
That's really unique! I love it! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 9 2012, 7:18pm

Post #5 of 6 (212 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much for this! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just found your post. I'm a quilter and will be trying these. Really nice designs. Have you made the others yet? I love The Road Goes Ever On block. Now if I can just keep up!Tongue

labadal
Rivendell

Feb 2 2012, 1:00pm

Post #6 of 6 (299 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the simplicity of the design. My mum is a quilter so I might convince her to make this.

"Earth shakes
Stone breaks
The forest is at your door
The dark sleep is broken
The woods have awoken
The trees have gone to war
Roots rend, wood bends
The Ents have answered the call
Through branches now the wind sings
Fell the power of living things
The trees have gone to war"
From 'The Ents'

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.