Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Wellington gets World Hobbit premiere

LordMaximus
Rivendell

Oct 28 2011, 12:30am

Post #1 of 19 (1138 views)
Shortcut
Wellington gets World Hobbit premiere Can't Post

http://www.stuff.co.nz/...orld-Hobbit-premiere

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 28 2011, 1:47am

Post #2 of 19 (494 views)
Shortcut
I expected it would be. [In reply to] Can't Post

But it's nice to have the official word - and also the official confirmation of the permanent Hobbiton set. I may actually get to see it someday after all. Cool

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Oct 28 2011, 1:55am

Post #3 of 19 (491 views)
Shortcut
Expected, but great still! // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 28 2011, 2:19am

Post #4 of 19 (476 views)
Shortcut
*gasp!* FANTASTIC! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

My tummy just did a flip!!!

AWESOME NEWS!!! OMG!

After standing on that street in front of the Embassy Theatre, I feel so much a part of that now!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Moahunter
Rohan

Oct 28 2011, 2:51am

Post #5 of 19 (489 views)
Shortcut
Late November next year!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

The news story says that but it isn't mentioned in the video clip.

rings7
Rohan

Oct 28 2011, 4:45am

Post #6 of 19 (426 views)
Shortcut
It's well deserved :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Moahunter
Rohan

Oct 28 2011, 5:47am

Post #7 of 19 (471 views)
Shortcut
Blatant electioneering. [In reply to] Can't Post

John Key, the current PM, on the Hobbiton set, all over the news channels.....1 month to go to the elections.
If PJ thinks he's not endorsing him then he is very naive.

alienorchid
Lorien

Oct 28 2011, 6:25am

Post #8 of 19 (466 views)
Shortcut
Not surprising.. [In reply to] Can't Post

..after Key wrangled that legislation that allowed TH to go ahead. I'm actually surprised that no one's really commented on the fact that Labour said they'd repeal that piece of legislation.

Anyway, YAY world premier, I want to gooooo. Must start saving!

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Oct 28 2011, 6:26am

Post #9 of 19 (502 views)
Shortcut
I'm completely ignorant of NZ politics, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I remember reading an article recently about how the other party would like to reverse the law that was passed to get the Hobbit films to stay in NZ, even if it means losing the films. I doubt the people of NZ would allow that to happen, but I hope we don't have to go through that whole mess again sometime in 2012...Unsure

Edit: I found this little blurb about the whole law, and Peter's thoughts on it, etc.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/...st-to-campaign-trail

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

(This post was edited by Maiarmike on Oct 28 2011, 6:35am)

Nightingale
Rohan

Oct 28 2011, 8:20am

Post #10 of 19 (413 views)
Shortcut
That is a really lovely gesture... [In reply to] Can't Post

a tribute to all those in NZ that made it happen.

If I ever get to go over there, I will definitely be visiting Hobbiton! Smile

willowing
Lorien

Oct 28 2011, 11:50am

Post #11 of 19 (368 views)
Shortcut
Well the Prime Minister turned down... [In reply to] Can't Post

a golden opportunity to hear Queen Elizabeth,s speech as she opened the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Perth.

Perhaps he wants to lease a hobbit hole for an early retirement, so he gets the first look at what is available.Laugh

DiveTwin
Rohan

Oct 28 2011, 2:51pm

Post #12 of 19 (350 views)
Shortcut
Me Too Grammaboodawg [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
My tummy just did a flip!!!

AWESOME NEWS!!! OMG!

After standing on that street in front of the Embassy Theatre, I feel so much a part of that now!

I made it to the Embassy as well and saw "The Queen" there a few years ago. Got to Matamata twice to see the Hobbiton set - albeit what was left of it. Still magical. And looking forward to seeing it as a full set in the future. But I know what you mean - there is a feeling of being part of it more after standing in those spots (among other LOTR sites I visited). Great news! And well deserved.

"Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey"

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 28 2011, 6:08pm

Post #13 of 19 (325 views)
Shortcut
I can understand [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter wanting to keep the government of the day on side. He'll want those relationships working as smoothly as possible in case a wrinkle comes up that needs solving.

Remember Richard Taylor making a chainmail jacket for Helen Clark to wear at the Wellington premier of ROTK?

It's a month to the election. All pollies will be grabbing as much limelight as they can.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 28 2011, 6:28pm

Post #14 of 19 (293 views)
Shortcut
It's just that [In reply to] Can't Post

some pollies seek the limelight a little more than others.
Will now bow out of thread before saying what is really on my mind.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 28 2011, 6:56pm

Post #15 of 19 (267 views)
Shortcut
Yeah I know, [In reply to] Can't Post

'smile and wave' and all that.

To be honest, I still miss Rod Donald.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 28 2011, 7:14pm

Post #16 of 19 (263 views)
Shortcut
Rod Donald [In reply to] Can't Post

I sometimes wonder what he might have achieved by now. We are all the poorer without him.
Remember his wonderful funeral at the Cathedral? They showed a snippet of it on the news last night.

willowing
Lorien

Oct 28 2011, 10:11pm

Post #17 of 19 (276 views)
Shortcut
World Premiere of The Hobbit "An Unexpected Journey" [In reply to] Can't Post

I would like to offer a good handshake and maybe raise a glass to Warner Brothers, that Wellington is to host the world premiere of The Hobbit "An Unexpected Journey. Sir Peter, you have not been forgotten knowing the part you have played in bringing this about, so a good pat on the back to you. I am sure that this good news has eased the burden on your shoulders. Cool

Come November 2012 there will be dancing in the streets of Wellington.

(This post was edited by willowing on Oct 28 2011, 10:12pm)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 29 2011, 7:39am

Post #18 of 19 (231 views)
Shortcut
I would've expected the second film to premiere in NZ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... being the last film of the series.

However, thinking about it now, this seems like a "bookend moment". So Wellington, NZ, hosts the premieres of both the first and last films in the pentology! Cool

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 29 2011, 11:02am

Post #19 of 19 (255 views)
Shortcut
Jippie! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great news!
I would have liked it if the second film would have the world premiere in Wellington, than I could have gone over to attend, this one I have to let pass (Gandalf is calling something Wink).

But great the Hobbiton set will remain. That way I can still see it as it is in the movie whenever I return to NZ. I loved visiting Hobbiton as it was left after the trilogy, but seeing it as it is on film will be even more delightful.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.