Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Christopher Lee battle!

TheNazgul
Rivendell

Oct 22 2011, 1:49am

Post #1 of 6 (653 views)
Shortcut
Christopher Lee battle! Can't Post

Who would win
Dracula
Darth Tyranus (a.k.a. Count Dooku)
Sauraman

sora

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Oct 23 2011, 1:37am

Post #2 of 6 (343 views)
Shortcut
Tough one... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dracula as a vampire would probably have no effect on Saruman. However, Dracula could have an effect on Count Dooku - if Dooku is "human". Saruman, being a divine being stands above the other two...however...Dooku as a Jedi and Sith Lord is able to tap into "The Force" for use in many ways. If one assumes the The Force is related to Divine power there may be some overlap. However, Dooku is not immortal.
In the end...Saruman, Dooku or Dracula depending on who gets the jump first.

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Oct 23 2011, 5:05pm

Post #3 of 6 (425 views)
Shortcut
common denominator: persuasiveness [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a bit difficult to pit those three characters against each other due to the "apples versus oranges versus broccoli" nature of the competition.

To make it more apples v apples v apples, why not make the contest about the common denominator: the power of persuasiveness, the ability to control others by whatever powers at their disposal.

--Dracula: hypnotic gaze & charm especially upon women, also can convert (mortals? humans?) into vampire minions.

--Dooku: Jedi/Sith mind trick a/k/a force domination (which presumably he can do), also rather clever in his own right

--Saruman: the deceptive and controlling power of his voice, his Istari specialty, and also the ability to possess another (i.e., Theoden, from the movies), also very inventive as a wizard.

Saruman v Dooku

I think Saruman could withstand the Sith mind trick because the mind trick only affects the weak minded. Strong-minded protagonists such as Kenobi resisted Dooku's powers of persuasion. Then again Dooku can be clever and persuasive even without mind trick. But not cleverer than Saruman. Saruman ftw.

Saruman v. Dracula

Saruman could probably withstand Dracula's gaze, since he's male for one thing but also because he's divine in nature and inherently stronger than a vampire (at least a Tolkienian vampire). Also he probably would not be affected by Dracula's conversion power, due to being immortal and divine in nature (although his body is arguably human, so there's a chance he could be affected--but only if he allowed it to happen, which is unlikely). Saruman is also quite inventive, having figured out breeding methods to develop Orc men and Goblin men, and various defensive devices and weapons. He could probably come up with some kind of magic that could control vampires, even a strong one like Dracula. Dracula can do quite a few handy things but he's no wizard and can't just come up with spells that might be useful. Saruman ftw.

Dooku v. Dracula:

I think Dracula's mind is strong enough to resist Dooku's mind trick, and he's lived longer. Dracula could try to hypnotize Dooku, but Dooku is probably too strong and experienced a Jedi/Sith to fall for that trick. Dracula could try to
convert Dooku into a minion, but that is not easy to do without first hypnotizing the victim, which is unlikely to happen to Dooku. Dooku has his lightsabre and could behead Dracula easily, provided Dracula lets him get that close. Dracula could turn into mist, or a bat, or a wolf, or a rat, and has other ways of avoiding getting lightsabred. This would be an exciting battle, I think. I call it a draw.

What if Dracula & Dooku teamed up against Saruman?

Also an exciting battle. Saruman would have a tough time with this one, assuming it's just him and not with an army of 10K uruk hai. I think edge goes to D & D, but Saruman still has a shot at winning.

"That doesn't make much sense to me. But then again, you are quite small. Perhaps you're right."

(This post was edited by Ruxendil_Thoorg on Oct 23 2011, 5:10pm)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Nov 3 2011, 12:55am

Post #4 of 6 (321 views)
Shortcut
Tough one... [In reply to] Can't Post

Either Darth or Saruman though...I think I would lean towards the Sith Lord though....lightsabers are hard to tackle when Force Lightning is being used as well.....although Saruman can do soem serious damage I imagine...

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Dec 4 2011, 12:26am

Post #5 of 6 (269 views)
Shortcut
that's great [In reply to] Can't Post

I say Saruman for the win with these three choices.

Awesome post btw.

But I'd love to see Saruman against my favorite Christopher Lee character: Duke Nicholas Du Richleau from the Devil's Bride (a.k.a. The Devil Rides Out). Du Richleau banishes the devil and saves the mortal souls of many people close to him. Not sure who would win this particular contest but I'd vote for Du Richleau as much as I love Saruman.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jan 7 2014, 4:41pm

Post #6 of 6 (48 views)
Shortcut
Sauraman [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.