Frodo Don't Put on the Ring - Flight of the Conchords
View Results (55 votes)

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Sep 12 2007, 5:10am

Post #26 of 41 (381 views)
Shortcut
"Where There's a Whip There's a Way" [In reply to] Can't Post

I vote not for the R-B version but for the version recorded for the Ringers movie by a band whose name escapes me for a moment. They performed at ORC. Of course I love "Into the West" as well.

Gollum

Sep 13 2007, 11:56pm

Post #27 of 41 (322 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm. [In reply to] Can't Post

I voted for Into the West but I love the others too, it's really no fair.Mad lol

Eleanor
The Shire

Sep 22 2007, 2:18pm

Post #28 of 41 (312 views)
Shortcut
Billy's [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm always moved to tears by his clear and soft voice...full of sadness...
(of cours because I love Faramire very much,too,hehe,I feel so sad and touched to see he rode to death.)

I think it's really a cheerful and lovely song in the book...

It's beautiful,and moving,anyway~Heart

------------
I also like all the hobbits' song~ "hohoho,to the bottle I go"by the two
and Frodo's "there's an inn,an old merry inn" in the book is so cute! what would it be if it can be sing merrily?~

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Sep 22 2007, 6:21pm

Post #29 of 41 (310 views)
Shortcut
This morning I got tickets [In reply to] Can't Post

for Annie Lennox. She will be in Miami on Halloween! I hope she does Into the West. I will have to make sure to bring a box of tissues. I can't wait!

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2007, 7:57am

Post #30 of 41 (299 views)
Shortcut
I love those three as well... and several others too!!! *sigh*... [In reply to] Can't Post

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2007, 8:15am

Post #31 of 41 (308 views)
Shortcut
'Passing of the Elves' [In reply to] Can't Post

is among my top favorites too, along indeed with 'Into the West'. I'm glad you're mentioning it here, it deserves it, I would say.

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2007, 8:21am

Post #32 of 41 (312 views)
Shortcut
I listen to 'Farewell to Lorien' at night [In reply to] Can't Post

before sleeping, as a hymn of gratitude to the Divine Grace for all the gifts the day has brought me.... Most wonderful music and choirs indeed!... Even my body-cells sing along with them in their humble, but vibrant small voices...

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2007, 8:25am

Post #33 of 41 (298 views)
Shortcut
Totally agree with you on this. [In reply to] Can't Post

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2007, 8:49am

Post #34 of 41 (356 views)
Shortcut
Viggo chanting Elendil's Oath... and Arwen's song [In reply to] Can't Post

are just entrancing for me, each one in their own magic, quiet way.
I myself chant Elendil's Oath for the Earth every morning at sunrise on Viggo's tune, and I find myself singing Arwen's song very often for the sheer beauty of it.
I wanted that those two be mentioned at least once in these answers to this great poll, but my other comments will show that it would be hard for me to pick up just one favorite for I'm in love with most of the music for these films, both the songs and tracks... Thank you so much, dear Howard Shore and all others!...

silneldor
Half-elven

Oct 24 2007, 1:05am

Post #35 of 41 (323 views)
Shortcut
I voted for 'Into the West' [In reply to] Can't Post

because it is the most moving for me.
But i would like to say, although it is quite short, i really like Gandalf's song as he approached the shire by cart in the beginning. It was just perfect for setting the mood:).

NoseOfSauron
Bree

Oct 24 2007, 1:49am

Post #36 of 41 (348 views)
Shortcut
Ballad all the way [In reply to] Can't Post

Ballad of Bilbo Baggins, ALL the way!!

I always half-expect him to stop singing and say something like "But, Captain!", or "That is illogical."

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 3 2009, 3:11pm

Post #37 of 41 (319 views)
Shortcut
toss up [In reply to] Can't Post

Between the choices given it was basically a toss-up. I voted Into the West as it touched me the 1st time I heard it. I knew right from the go it was Annie singing, as I love The Eurythmics. But Gollum's song is a close second. Emiliana Torrini's voice is childlike yet haunting. I can get lost in that song.

My favorite Tolkien related song though is probably Lothlorien. Couldn't listen to it enough times. I sleep every night with one of the LOTR's pictures movie score cd's playing. I have since the Fellowship came outSly Howard Shore is the man!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.