The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Concerning the Woot Moot:).
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 5 2007, 8:53pm

Post #76 of 160 (939 views)
Shortcut
Wow. Just - wow. I'm not sure whether to laugh or tremble! [In reply to] Can't Post

ROFL here! That's quite a scary she-elf you make! It seems to be a bit of an 'Arwen as English boarding school headmistress' look!! I'll go no further with that train of thought, given that this is a family friendly board... Sly Sad thing is, I know a few women who kind of look like that... But hey, great dress!

Thanks for sharing that - I whole heartedly salute you, sir, and your commitment to costuming - or to honouring lost bets! I've been Frodo, Luke, Harry Potter and now Shaun of the Dead (as well as Cookie Monster and Gromit), but men as women are always WAY funnier than women as men. Perhaps next time you could dress as the Oracle out of 300.

Or not. Crazy

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 5 2007, 8:58pm

Post #77 of 160 (921 views)
Shortcut
Did anyone else notice [In reply to] Can't Post

that it was calisuri who first brought up is adventures as Arwen, and he's the one to actually post a picture? hmmm.... might it be that calisuri thinks he looks good in that costume? and that he liked being Arwen for a day? Evil

I have seen the urinal picture - priceless!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Corvar
PTB

Sep 5 2007, 9:02pm

Post #78 of 160 (929 views)
Shortcut
This One? [In reply to] Can't Post

I do believe the much rumored picture is this one: http://staff.theonering.net/...RC2005/piss.jpg.html

And Calisuri is always a lady.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Sep 5 2007, 9:29pm

Post #79 of 160 (958 views)
Shortcut
Something to do with not having a 3-day drive! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was so great meeting you all at Fiesta and afterward. We must do it again next year! (And-- who knows?-- maybe also this.)

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Sep 5 2007, 9:35pm

Post #80 of 160 (924 views)
Shortcut
A great group!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

deej
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2007, 11:17pm

Post #81 of 160 (934 views)
Shortcut
Oh. My. [In reply to] Can't Post

I do remember seeing you at ORC in that dress and thinking, "Wow, LIv Tyler looks a lot different in person."

What? Crazy

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 5 2007, 11:32pm

Post #82 of 160 (920 views)
Shortcut
bwahahaha!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, Liv ain't looking her best these days....

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

calisuri
PTB

Sep 5 2007, 11:37pm

Post #83 of 160 (890 views)
Shortcut
You caught me... [In reply to] Can't Post

But actually - its a great reminder to myself. Never bet. And well, I did look pretty damn good. LOL

The Mysterious Calisuri

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 6 2007, 12:01am

Post #84 of 160 (896 views)
Shortcut
Hi, HobbitLove... [In reply to] Can't Post

It was sooo nice to see you again. But, you are very lucky that OhioHobbit kept me from e-mailing you (to be waiting for you when you got home) with just two words: Social Security! I was having fun tormenting (OH's choice for word) you at lunch! What TORn needs is a transporter (ala Star Trek), then it wouldn't have to be so long to see the friends we have made at the moots.

It certainly is quiet here without the chance to run into Sibs around the next corner!

p.s. Don't forget about the shirt!

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 6 2007, 12:14am

Post #85 of 160 (931 views)
Shortcut
Hellooo, Ordinary Hobbit... [In reply to] Can't Post

It was nice to see you at DragonCon. OhioHobbit says, "Hi," from over my shoulder. I am designated typist. Hope you had a nice trip home discussing the con!

Here's to getting together at another moot sooner than 2 years!

Alcarcalime & OhioHobbit

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2007, 12:31am

Post #86 of 160 (869 views)
Shortcut
I think I'm scarred for life. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 6 2007, 12:43am

Post #87 of 160 (910 views)
Shortcut
I'm answering 'cause I'm not as old as oh(ordinaryhobbit) or as old as you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Honestly, if that Social Security thing doesn't die pretty soon, I'm going to be forced to do something rash.
: [

Just wanted you two to know we did talk about you on the way home, lots!Harry's looking into Dayton and all sorts of stuff. It'll be hard, but you never know. It is so worth trying, isn't it?
We didn't have nearly enough time to talk to you guys or to anyone else, or enough time to see and do....and believe me, we want another chance. We want to do better with scheduling and stuff. We were newbies. Now we know how to do it so we're going to have to try again. Gawd, I'd better get busy building up the funding for all this fun.
It's a good goal.
Love you both,
Hob and oh (who is sitting behind me)

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob
(former nick: "HobbitLoveR*M-e" among several others, briefly)

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 6 2007, 12:44am

Post #88 of 160 (921 views)
Shortcut
ROFLMHO!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 6 2007, 12:49am

Post #89 of 160 (892 views)
Shortcut
This is very nice, Green Dragon. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all this and for your kind words and deeds. You are absolutely the best!
hob

PS:Hope the HP sessions were fun.

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 6 2007, 1:02am

Post #90 of 160 (908 views)
Shortcut
You were so missed at Dragon Con. We looked for you there... [In reply to] Can't Post

It is due especially to you and a few wonderful others that Mr Hob and I happily came out of lurking and joined the RL moot thing. It was a huge step for us and has come to mean so much. You were a big part of that, Entmaiden.
Well, we're sending virtual hugs to you. Arevanye, ( I think I should say Revvie) too. She was missed, alot.
Thanks to you both for past kindnesses and hope to see you again one day soon.
hob

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 6 2007, 1:42am

Post #91 of 160 (949 views)
Shortcut
A hob and a nob. [In reply to] Can't Post

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 6 2007, 10:15am

Post #92 of 160 (880 views)
Shortcut
LOL! I thought nobody was as old as me! [In reply to] Can't Post

O.K., just for you, I'll be good!

Boy, I know what you mean about building up funding. I added up what we spent for DragonCon. Ouch!

All the Science Fiction conventions we went to helped us with the scheduling, but since we are such space and astronomy nuts, we spent most of our time there!

DragonCon was too big to be able to talk much with anyone! We need smaller events to moot at.

I'm still recovering from all the walking. My feet HURT. Though, the shin splints are gone. Up and down hills wasn't good for me!

See you soon (hope and wish).

Alcarcalime & OH (I guess ordinary hobbit is oh and OhioHobbit is OH)

Scout
Rivendell

Sep 6 2007, 3:08pm

Post #93 of 160 (873 views)
Shortcut
Great pics! [In reply to] Can't Post

And, yes, gd looks like she's assaulting Legolas.

Looks like a great time, folks! I'm sorry I missed it.

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 6 2007, 4:02pm

Post #94 of 160 (858 views)
Shortcut
Hi, you two [In reply to] Can't Post

We had a very nice drive home and sure were glad to see you both again. Hopefully we can do this again soon.

ordinaryhobbit

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

shuya
Rivendell

Sep 6 2007, 4:04pm

Post #95 of 160 (893 views)
Shortcut
It was such a pleasure to see/meet everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just wanted to drop in and say what a pleasure it was to see old friends and meet new ones this weekend. Thanks to the lovely ladies who organized and to all of you who traveled to get here - it was awesome to get together again. I really hope The Hobbit movie gets made - not only so we can add another film to our collection, but to give us more excuses to gather like this. Smile Somehow it is never enough!

My Travel Blog: Where is Christy?

Follow deej and me on our trip to New Zealand (3/11-3/28) and then continue on with me to Australia (3/29-4/14)!

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Sep 6 2007, 4:35pm

Post #96 of 160 (916 views)
Shortcut
Love those road trips! [In reply to] Can't Post

The feeling is very much mutual, we had a great time. You know what, we passed by this on the way home. Thanks for the link to Minicon. You never know, it might happen. If you are ever in the area there is also this at The Depot in Duluth or one of my favorite places. We'd love to show you around.

Cheers!
ordinaryhobbit

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 6 2007, 4:56pm

Post #97 of 160 (885 views)
Shortcut
Yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

We are also looking forward. There seem to be some disadvantages to living in such a large country!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 6 2007, 6:50pm

Post #98 of 160 (883 views)
Shortcut
OMG! I'm missing the residual MOOT! [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't had five minutes to rub together since Paragon (g'son) and I left.. and I've been missing a chance to jump in and join in this AMAZING group hug!!! I didn't get home until 9:30pm on Tuesday night, and was at work 6:30am the next morning... been running ever since! But I'll be back to read EVERY SINGLE WORD and looks like shed a few tears from the wonderfulness of youselves!! I'm also have started building my report (GOT 300 pictures to sort through)!!!

I had to stop for two seconds and say how much this moot and all of you mean to me. Now I find that words are pale and thin to express how brilliant you all are and how much I cherish TORn, all of my sibbies, and the unceasing joy I find here.

HUGS and more HUGS!

*puts on dark glasses* I'll be back!

*sneaks in one more hug*

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Radhruin
Rohan

Sep 6 2007, 7:54pm

Post #99 of 160 (857 views)
Shortcut
I love Duluth [In reply to] Can't Post

It's one of my favorite places in Minnesota. The view when you crest the hill coming into the city on I-35 is so breathtaking, and the city itself has such charm. I try to get there every summer, at least once. I was just there at the beginning of August, just for the day, and had a wonderful time. My girlfriend had never been there, and was pleasantly surprised.

I'd have a very hard time leaving Minnesota if I ever had too, there's too much to love about it. (Minus the mosquitoes of course. :)

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
~Chesterton

SandWitch King
Rohan

Sep 6 2007, 8:37pm

Post #100 of 160 (894 views)
Shortcut
Maybe I will get home tonight [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to travel for work yesterday to San Francisco and am back at work today directly from the airport so I really haven't come back yet from DragonCon. I am feeling lonely because I haven't enjoyed the company of loved ones at home and haven't enjoyed the company of rarely seen friends.

I do hope:
* There is more Hobbit news to warrant a TORn presentation for DCon
* DragonCon wants us back for a presentation
* TORn staff has enough volunteers
*DragonCon continues to see the value of the Tolkien Track and support it
*DragonCon lands one of the big fish LOTR guests
* MORE TORnados decide to come to both enlarge the fun and demonstrate our energy for Tolkien

No wonder all writers want to direct: one still has to put up with a load of nonsense, but even if wearing two hats (writer and director), there is one under which one is not called a thief and then raped - David Mamet

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.