Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
The 13 Dwarves+Bilbo+The One Ring v s the Fellowship of the Ring

Chopsta123
Gondor

Oct 15 2011, 11:52pm

Post #1 of 6 (600 views)
Shortcut
The 13 Dwarves+Bilbo+The One Ring v s the Fellowship of the Ring Can't Post

i know we havent seen the dwarves fight yet ...

my money lies on the Fellowship.

The videoblog is never late. Nor is it early.
It arrives precisely when it means to.

(This post was edited by Chopsta123 on Oct 15 2011, 11:57pm)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2011, 1:48am

Post #2 of 6 (306 views)
Shortcut
Geez.... [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a tough one....I want to say the Dwarves & Bilbo.....but I have a feeling the Fellowship are more accomplished warriors......so I will go with my heart instead of my head for no reason....the Dwarves and Bilbo eventually win this one....I think....

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Dec 18 2011, 7:19pm

Post #3 of 6 (207 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to say the Hobbit crew [In reply to] Can't Post

Sight unseen, I vote for the Hobbit crew.

The weapons some of the dwarves are carrying are definitely not for show. These guys are warriors, little berserkers as I always say.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

Starhelm
The Shire

Dec 22 2011, 7:28pm

Post #4 of 6 (102 views)
Shortcut
Hmm. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, four of the nine companions are hobbits who are inexperienced with fighting at the beginning of the tale, so it just depends which "fellowship" this is: the hobbits become pretty decent fighters by the end of the tale, at least by Shire standards. There is a Ranger, an heir to a Steward (who would have been trained well in battle technique), an elf with excellent use of a bow, a dwarf who would understand dwarven techniques and clue the others in, and a wizard. Even though there are only five of them aside from the hobbits, four of them are much taller than the dwarves.
But I think it really comes down to Bilbo. While he isn't a fighter, he's a very good burglar, and just like he saves the dwarves from foes through cleverness, I feel that he could create some kind of trap to trip up the fellowship. It just depends on whether or not Gandalf & co. would figure it out quickly enough.

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Dec 24 2011, 8:12pm

Post #5 of 6 (148 views)
Shortcut
a nice point [In reply to] Can't Post

but I feel the dwarves might surprise a lot of people.

Sure they get into many a fine mess and it takes someone as clear minded and gentle and clever as Bilbo to get them out of it.
Warriors often get lost in the fury, they stab first, ask questions later.

You bring up a very nice point about the Fellowship, but I'll stick with the Hobbit 14 (not including Gandalf since he isn't around as much in LoTR).

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jan 7 2014, 3:52pm

Post #6 of 6 (13 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo and the Dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.