Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The first screening of 'Hobbit' footage?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Oct 10 2011, 3:11am

Post #1 of 45 (3202 views)
Shortcut
The first screening of 'Hobbit' footage? Can't Post

Staffer Kristin Thompson has written from the road with a great giveaway item find and hot rumors. Expect this to heat up the internet today but it seems the spy network has checked in. Kristin says:

"At MIPCOM, a television trade show held in Cannes on October 3 to 6, this great bag with an image of Bilbo was being given away. It's trademarked by New Line Cinema and MGM. Rumor has it that a few minutes of footage from THE HOBBIT were also screened!"

MIPCOM is an entertainment and television showcase that is attended by around 12,000 industry people in Cannes, France each year. Industries that include TV, film and digital content from both the distribution and production side of things get together to decide trends, make deals, shake hands and see cool stuff before the rest of the world.

It also helps inform buyers and distributors about content rights on a global scale, which is just the kind of thing MGM and Warner Bros. would be doing one year before The Hobbit hits theaters. And, with confidentiality agreements signed and professionals (not press) making up the audience, I feel pretty confident insiders have now seen rough Hobbit footage. Anybody, including studio executives who want to update or correct us with more information, please hit us at SpyMaster@TheOneRing.net. Thanks Kristin!

Welsh hero
Gondor

Oct 10 2011, 9:07am

Post #2 of 45 (1484 views)
Shortcut
If footage was shown [In reply to] Can't Post

I'n insanely jealous

Twitter: @IrfonPennant

Snulle
Bree

Oct 10 2011, 9:10am

Post #3 of 45 (1431 views)
Shortcut
This could very well be true. [In reply to] Can't Post

As I recall it MIPCOM was the first place that had the first footage of Avatar screened aswell.
Anyway true or not, I love that bag! Cool

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Oct 10 2011, 10:02am

Post #4 of 45 (1393 views)
Shortcut
That's pretty interesting. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm surprised they are showing actual footage at this or any stage. Perhaps we will see a video blog 4 sooner than later. I wonder what day they are on now?

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

Amarië
The Shire

Oct 10 2011, 12:00pm

Post #5 of 45 (1249 views)
Shortcut
OMG! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm soooo damn jealous! I can't believe this believe this, these are very good news. I like the bag, a lot, I wsih I could have one. So, how much do we need to wait until the next videoblog? It's been nearly three months without any news, we're starving, PJ!

Nesse
Lorien

Oct 10 2011, 12:05pm

Post #6 of 45 (1251 views)
Shortcut
Wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

I want the bag plz..........do you think they fill show a teaser trailer when Tin Tin comes out at Christmas then?

Elven
Valinor

Oct 10 2011, 12:27pm

Post #7 of 45 (1265 views)
Shortcut
So its not just a coincidence [In reply to] Can't Post

of the announcement last week (on tORNs HOME page) that they have now a licensed distributor for the Hobbit toys and games ...

Warner Bros. Consumer Products has awarded The Bridge Direct, Inc. the Master Toy License for Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again. The toy line will launch in the fall of 2012:

Read more: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82992

and ... I want a bag too!!!
Smile

(This post was edited by Elven on Oct 10 2011, 12:28pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Oct 10 2011, 12:53pm

Post #8 of 45 (1195 views)
Shortcut
i read an article here in spain that said that in christmas maybe we could have a teaser [In reply to] Can't Post

here is the link
it´s in spanish but,in the last lines it says, that maybe at christmas we could have a teaser of the hobbit, maybe with tintin

http://www.cineactual.net/2011/10/el-hobbit-18/#more-4676

rings7
Rohan

Oct 10 2011, 2:14pm

Post #9 of 45 (1138 views)
Shortcut
I'm still waiting for another pic of Bilbo [In reply to] Can't Post

and of course footage! that would be amazing. We haven't seen much of Bilbo, video, pics, nothing. It's been mostly all about the dwarfs. Not that i mind them, not at all, but i think the only time we've seen anything of Freeman related to the Hobbit was the press conference and just a little in the fist vblog. I'm like 'what the heck' he's the star, the main character. Good to see him in the bag Wink .

(This post was edited by rings7 on Oct 10 2011, 2:14pm)

little mouse
Rivendell

Oct 10 2011, 2:28pm

Post #10 of 45 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Tintin will have a premiere in Europe on 3rd November [In reply to] Can't Post

So, if there will be any teaser it will be much sooner but I don`t think it will be with Tintin movie

Mithrandír
Lorien

Oct 10 2011, 2:32pm

Post #11 of 45 (1105 views)
Shortcut
Why not ? :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Social Science's biggest problem, is social science.

"The ring has awoken. It's heard its masters call"

little mouse
Rivendell

Oct 10 2011, 2:36pm

Post #12 of 45 (1084 views)
Shortcut
Because this will mean that there will be a teaser in less than a month [In reply to] Can't Post

And I don`t think this is possible

Mithrandír
Lorien

Oct 10 2011, 2:36pm

Post #13 of 45 (1088 views)
Shortcut
I bet the first sneak peak at the movie will be around Tin tin release [In reply to] Can't Post

But maybe not as a trailer in cinema..A bit too early for that, unless they could risk showing a couple of small but great scenes that comes across the big screen.

Social Science's biggest problem, is social science.

"The ring has awoken. It's heard its masters call"

macfalk
Valinor

Oct 10 2011, 2:44pm

Post #14 of 45 (1060 views)
Shortcut
Actually Tintin premiers October 28th // [In reply to] Can't Post

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

little mouse
Rivendell

Oct 10 2011, 3:32pm

Post #15 of 45 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for correcting [In reply to] Can't Post

No teaser trailer for us....maybe video blog

rings7
Rohan

Oct 10 2011, 4:21pm

Post #16 of 45 (1091 views)
Shortcut
Video blog, teaser, pics, whatever, [In reply to] Can't Post

at this point, anything will do. They've been so hush hush since July.

And actually it's good how they're keeping everything so 'hushy', it adds to the emotion. I mean look at The Dark Night Rises, and The Avengers. There are pictures and even videos of the actors in costume making scenes all over the net. And some videos are even spoilery. Can you imagine something like that with the Hobbit??? Crazy

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Oct 10 2011, 4:31pm

Post #17 of 45 (1008 views)
Shortcut
I agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

They know that if they release anything, we fans are going to spend the next few weeks picking apart everything, whether positive or negative, so I don't blame them for wanting to keep things a little more guarded until the teaser trailer. It could also be that they are just very busy right now, and haven't really had the time to keep us updated at the same time. I'd like to see another video blog, but nothing too spoilery. You bring up a good point about TDKR, as I feel like I've seen practically the whole movie by now just looking at pictures and videos on the internet.

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

TheCoon
Lorien

Oct 10 2011, 4:40pm

Post #18 of 45 (996 views)
Shortcut
im calling it [In reply to] Can't Post

we'll get SOMETHING in front of tintin but itll be more like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-7x5D3v6jE

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 10 2011, 5:29pm

Post #19 of 45 (979 views)
Shortcut
I think we'll see a teaser trailer with Sherlock Holmes 2 (also a WB film) [In reply to] Can't Post

A) - It's coming out in the US on December 16th (so just about 1 year before the 1st films release)

AND

B) they are both Warner Bros. films, so imho it makes sense that they'd pair the 2 up.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Oct 10 2011, 5:34pm

Post #20 of 45 (970 views)
Shortcut
so I friggin hope [In reply to] Can't Post

one more time:

VIDEO BLOG PLEEAAAASE!!!!!!

The Blue Wizards = Enigma = Great topic for Fan Fiction

video blog please

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 10 2011, 6:17pm

Post #21 of 45 (1009 views)
Shortcut
The first FOTR trailer was in early June 2001 [In reply to] Can't Post

- in New Zealand, at least. I remember the opening long shot of a river that turned out to be the Anduin, with a voiceover by Gandalf. So that was, what, six and a half months before FOTR was released? That might be a good measure for estimating when the first Hobbit trailer will hit the screens.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Patty
Immortal

Oct 10 2011, 9:11pm

Post #22 of 45 (872 views)
Shortcut
Love that bag, too. It would fly off the shelves if it is available to purchase. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Permanent address: Into the West

Kendalf
Rohan

Oct 10 2011, 9:23pm

Post #23 of 45 (867 views)
Shortcut
Possibly... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but then that was before LotR (and Jackson, and Middle Earth, and hobbits, and Weta etc) was the phenomenon it is now. WB, and everyone else involved, will be wanting to push the hype to hysterical levels for The Hobbit (surely aiming for highest-grossing-film-ever territory), so I suspect a much, much earlier trailer. Christmas this year, in fact.

Greenwood Hobbit
Gondor

Oct 10 2011, 9:40pm

Post #24 of 45 (788 views)
Shortcut
Baggins, we wantsss it... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 10 2011, 11:00pm

Post #25 of 45 (785 views)
Shortcut
Good points. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 11 2011, 5:35am)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.