Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What have you been reading this week?

a.s.
Valinor

Sep 5 2007, 10:30am

Views: 305
Shortcut
What have you been reading this week? Can't Post

Well, I had big plans for my four-day weekend but life took over: I ended up driving to Massachusetts with my brother and sister for a family funeral (extended family) and find I can't read when conversation with loved ones is more interesting! While the occasional was a sad one, it brought family together from all parts of the country. Why we wait for funerals to all get together and bemoan the fact that we don't keep in touch on a routine basis is one of the sad mysteries of life. Probably a common one, for large spread-out families.

So, I have only managed to read a few more chapters in Kristin Lavransdattar. But I did finish Falling Man by Don DeLillo. The story was interesting and in a few places very moving, yet I ended up finding it a chore to finish. Ambiguity can be carried too far, in writing and in plot. IMHO.

So, what about you all? Have you had more reading opportunities? What have you been reading this week?

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"I can manage it," said Frodo. "I must."

Subject User Time
What have you been reading this week? a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Sep 5 2007, 10:30am
    Richard Temple by Patrick O'Brian and a little Wodehouse hatster Send a private message to hatster Sep 5 2007, 11:07am
    A friend of ours felt that way about funerals, so Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Sep 5 2007, 2:45pm
        We've had Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 5 2007, 7:45pm
        yes, give me a big party!! a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Sep 5 2007, 9:18pm
    Finished Cherryh's "Fortress in the Eye of Time" Annael Send a private message to Annael Sep 5 2007, 4:29pm
    The Merchantís House, by Kate Ellis RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 5 2007, 7:14pm
        I haven't read this one Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Sep 5 2007, 9:46pm
            Yes, this is the first one. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 6 2007, 4:52am
    Kushiel's Chosen - the second in the series. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 5 2007, 7:44pm
    The Warden by Anthony Trollope, GaladrielTX Send a private message to GaladrielTX Sep 5 2007, 10:44pm
        That's actually one of my favourite Trollope's Penthe Send a private message to Penthe Sep 6 2007, 12:10am
        I love The Warden! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 6 2007, 4:55am
            I love the choleric Dean Annael Send a private message to Annael Sep 6 2007, 3:12pm
                Another reason I need to see the series post haste! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 6 2007, 3:31pm
    Finished Sean Astin's "The Road goes ever on - An Actor's Tale" Noneoftheabove Send a private message to Noneoftheabove Sep 6 2007, 1:51am
    Eyewitness to History Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Sep 6 2007, 2:09am
    "Sentence of Marriage" by our own Kimi! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 6 2007, 3:44am
        Oh! I had no idea! Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Sep 6 2007, 4:13am
            *gasp* Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Sep 6 2007, 4:28am
            Well, Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 6 2007, 9:21pm
                I'll send you a PM Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Sep 6 2007, 9:56pm
                ah, 1973 a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Sep 6 2007, 11:07pm
                    Right now I'm up to 1976 Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 7 2007, 1:04am
    Atonement. Cheshire Cat Send a private message to Cheshire Cat Sep 6 2007, 1:17pm
        On Chesil Beach FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 6 2007, 2:29pm
            By the way... FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 6 2007, 2:51pm
                Thank you. Cheshire Cat Send a private message to Cheshire Cat Sep 6 2007, 7:46pm
        OMG!!!!! CAhobbit Send a private message to CAhobbit Sep 6 2007, 7:56pm
            Massive hugs back atcha my little Californian Hobbit! Cheshire Cat Send a private message to Cheshire Cat Sep 6 2007, 8:11pm
        I believe I've read most of his books a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Sep 6 2007, 8:14pm
        Had No Idea Dawn Send a private message to Dawn Sep 6 2007, 10:23pm
        Dawn: can't open your messages a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Sep 6 2007, 10:56pm
    Re-reading The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 6 2007, 2:40pm
    A City of Bells Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Sep 6 2007, 11:49pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.