Concerning the Woot Moot:).
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Eowyn Wannabe
The Shire

Sep 4 2007, 9:16pm

Post #26 of 160 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I'm sure someone caught it [In reply to] Can't Post

On film, that is. We certainly SAW what she was doing!

CAhobbit
Rohan

Sep 4 2007, 9:32pm

Post #27 of 160 (984 views)
Shortcut
What a weekend! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Sil and all for such the kind words regarding Woot Moot and other shinnanigans over the past weekend. I've said it many times, but TORnsibs are always the greatest folks to be around. Where two or more are gathered fun will always insue.

I'm sure I will repeating much of what has been said previously but there can never be too much praise or happiness (I would hope)....

Many thanks and hugs to Deej and greendragon for being wonderful partners in crime in planning Woot Moot! You ladies are (as greendragon would say) stars!

It was wonderful meeting all the wonderful TORnsibs at the moot and Dragon Con. You are the reason that such events are always a great success and fun! Having two TORn founders at the moot and throughout the con was such a pleasure and a joy.

Great thanks to Sideshow Collectibles and TORn for your help and support. Thanks to Corvar for the round of drinks during the moot! Thanks to High Velocity (our venue) for being so accomedating and patient with all of us. So many thanks to Tim Kirk for designing out Woot Moot t-shirt design and to his friend that helped in coordinating that effort (I got many good comments and praise for on Monday when I wore it).

Annnnnnnnd finally final thoughts....

I will always be reminded of a fishbowl,of sorts, whenever I look back at this past weekend. My hands have not fully recovered from all the clapping that happened during the moot. Some of my voice is missing and may never return from all the laughing I did during the entire convention. I'm massively sleep deprived (but it's well worth it to have been able to spend so much time with such admirable people of TORn during the weekend). It will be a weekend I will always remember fondly of. *Hugs*

Disclaimer: Any spelling and horribly written sentences are the work of the horrible convention disease called sleep deprevation.

I wonder what my excuse can be the rest of the time?

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

(This post was edited by cahobbit on Sep 4 2007, 9:33pm)

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Sep 4 2007, 9:59pm

Post #28 of 160 (993 views)
Shortcut
Glad you all had a good time. [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is a short report on Dragon*Con from medievalist and sometime Tolkienist, Richard Scott Nokes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discuss The Children of Húrin in the Reading Room, June 11-October 14.

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 4 2007, 10:53pm

Post #29 of 160 (1036 views)
Shortcut
And what great fellas they be! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope they're going to stick around now they've found their way to these boards!

I just got a very immature giggle out of the fact that Calisuri's shirt looks like it reads, 'Snog'. OK it's not really funny but it's been a long day. 60 auditions down, 16 more singers to go - just popped in here on my break to see if folks had posted moot pics!

Better get back to trashing *ahem* encouraging young singers. Hope everyone's having a good day! I'm still getting over my post-moot blues and exhaustion...

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 4 2007, 10:55pm

Post #30 of 160 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Hmm - next time I... [In reply to] Can't Post

...molest a cardboard figure, I must remember not to do it with a camera in front of me and a huge window behind me... Crazy Still, Legolas didn't seem to mind - and Frodo looks like he's making his way over to join the fun!! It's all very innocent actually - like all of DragonCon... Evil

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

CAhobbit
Rohan

Sep 4 2007, 10:57pm

Post #31 of 160 (1075 views)
Shortcut
Just remember.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hope they're going to stick around now they've found their way to these boards!

I just got a very immature giggle out of the fact that Calisuri's shirt looks like it reads, 'Snog'. OK it's not really funny but it's been a long day. 60 auditions down, 16 more singers to go - just popped in here on my break to see if folks had posted moot pics!

Better get back to trashing *ahem* encouraging young singers. Hope everyone's having a good day! I'm still getting over my post-moot blues and exhaustion...

You ARE the Simon of the Opera world. If they don't learn now....when? WHEN???

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

deej
Tol Eressea

Sep 4 2007, 11:08pm

Post #32 of 160 (974 views)
Shortcut
Don't they know? [In reply to] Can't Post

You're British; you can't help being rude.

Cool HUGS!

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Sep 4 2007, 11:30pm

Post #33 of 160 (985 views)
Shortcut
Didn't McCaffrey write a book called Dragonsnog?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

calisuri
PTB

Sep 4 2007, 11:42pm

Post #34 of 160 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Yes, very innocent indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Mysterious Calisuri

CAhobbit
Rohan

Sep 4 2007, 11:47pm

Post #35 of 160 (969 views)
Shortcut
From the Dragonriders of Snog series I believe.// [In reply to] Can't Post

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

calisuri
PTB

Sep 4 2007, 11:54pm

Post #36 of 160 (991 views)
Shortcut
Limited Edition Shirt of 1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I did have Larry make one limited edition 'Snog Kills' shirt. Sorry, no reprints - its all mine!Pirate

The Mysterious Calisuri

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 5 2007, 12:16am

Post #37 of 160 (1055 views)
Shortcut
When i woke up this morning [In reply to] Can't Post

the illuminate (day or night) aerie perch of the 21st floor looking out on the awe inspiring Atlanta skyline was replaced by a wall and ceiling covered with dawn's wavy water reflected pattern, the sound of birds and the quick darting movement of a hummingbird at the flower boxes by the window. It was then i knew we actually made it home after two wild rides of 900 miles friday and monday sandwiching the most outrageous two days imaginable with the best people on earth. I lay there reeling from all the images that were passing through like all the hundreds of those costumed passerby's going on there quests of fun by that big window during our moot.

As i look at our group picture with all those very alive illuminate faces of joy, the computer screen turns misty and my nose got all snuffily and i am overcome with the beauty of something that is beyond words. You guys are just so beautiful. And to think i almost missed this event. Now as far you Green Dragon there in the back *with my best Jack Benny mannerism*, "Now cut that out!"Sly
We had an unbelievable good time and i got to finally meet my sibs that grew to real people beyond the incomplete words and pictures.

That impromptu happening at the end there created just so much energy. For an hour we kept it up until we were all but spent. Our hands and cheeks were quite stressed out there at the end. And to set matters straighter, it wasn't just one free round involvedSmile. I will say no moreLaugh.

Yes, we had a brunch moot at the Sear which was delightful. Hob (Hobbitlove) mentioned that she was was going there with the family at 11:30 so i thought it would be nice to gather around this beautiful person many as i could (wish it could have been more at that late hour) for one more gathering. I brought a little music from the FOTR Complete Recordings for everyone.

The hugs that night and day were deeply satisfying. It is a beautiful thing, a hug. I think it sets a link, a closeness with that person that be can taken for all time. It seems like a joining of spirits:). I will say it one more time. I love you guys. 'Til next year:).

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Sep 5 2007, 12:32am

Post #38 of 160 (1003 views)
Shortcut
OK, who's got the brunch pictures?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2007, 12:39am

Post #39 of 160 (954 views)
Shortcut
I thought it was Gramma and HobbitLove who took pictures. (n/t) [In reply to] Can't Post

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2007, 12:49am

Post #40 of 160 (991 views)
Shortcut
I wonder how long it will be before DragonCon seems like a dream? [In reply to] Can't Post

We have put our goodies in a memory box to be taken out and looked at again and again.

We had an uneventful flight home (for us very unusual) and it seemed so strange to be here where everything is so quiet. I did have something waiting impatiently for me:

I picked as much as I could on Wednesday and in 5 days I am swamped again. The large round light-colored thing is a mini muskmelon.

Today, I did very little but nap A LOT.

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Sep 5 2007, 12:56am

Post #41 of 160 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, Denethor coming over for lunch?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 5 2007, 12:59am

Post #42 of 160 (986 views)
Shortcut
Me [In reply to] Can't Post

I still have the problem on how to send it. I will try.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

By El~Cugu

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Sep 5 2007, 1:15am

Post #43 of 160 (1010 views)
Shortcut
I think I've recovered enough to post now [In reply to] Can't Post

After my first good night's sleep since last Wednesday or so, and an afternoon nap too, I can finally post something without too much fear of being incoherent.

Thanks again to everyone involved in putting together this amazing shindig. I only wish I could have hung out longer, but I had to run over to an event at the Tolkien track (can't get a better excuse than that, right?). It was great meeting everyone.

No one's mentioned the goodie bags yet? They had LOTR trading cards in them, and I LOL'd because I got Smeagol! I thought maybe someone set this up, but Greendragon said that the cards were put in the bags randomly, and the bags were given out randomly. Other people got other cards. I think only Smeagirl got Smeagol. :-)

I'd really had to twist my husband's arm to get him to join me at Dragon*Con, but we both had such a great time, we'll probably wind up going next year too. He's been to lots of cons but said this was different from all the others. We were bowled over by the level of enthusiasm and fun going on 24/7.

Sunday we relaxed with Silneldor and family by the hotel pool. And Saturday morning I'd been in the Dragon*Con parade with White Lady Eowyn and Frodan and other LOTR-costumed people. Their costumes were amazing!

The entire Con was an experience I'll never forget, from the amazing talks (both scholarly and fun) at the Tolkien track, marching in the parade behind the Arms of Middle Earth banner with the streets lined with cheering families (with little kids shouting "Gandalf!"), all the brilliant costumes in this days-long celebration of creativity and fun, the friendliness of everyone there including random locals who helped out whenever we looked confused or pulled out a map, the pirate party Sunday night (did anyone here go to that?) with every kind of pirate (and a random ninja, wizard, elf and robot who'd snuck in) doing every kind of dance to pirate-themed tunes, and of course meeting all you lovely TORnsibs.

When I first joined TORn, I had no idea I'd get to meet anyone else in person (or I might have rethought some of those early posts, LOL), and never anticipated the sense of caring and community that has developed here. TORN's ability to create genuine real-life friendships is an amazing and beautiful thing and I'm honored to be part of this community and to have met so many of you in person. I'm looking forward to more moots -- tell me when and where, and I'll be there if at all possible!

Looking forward to reading more reports as people recover. ;-)

"I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it." --Gandalf

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Sep 5 2007, 1:17am

Post #44 of 160 (979 views)
Shortcut
LOLOL!! /NT [In reply to] Can't Post

"I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it." --Gandalf

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 5 2007, 2:34am

Post #45 of 160 (989 views)
Shortcut
Ok L. Ron [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is the brunch moot picture.
IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d6/silneldor/2007DragonCon020.jpg[/IMG]

By El~Cugu

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 5 2007, 2:36am

Post #46 of 160 (1013 views)
Shortcut
Again, [In reply to] Can't Post

IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d6/silneldor/2007DragonCon020.jpg[/IMG]

By El~Cugu

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 5 2007, 2:40am

Post #47 of 160 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Again! [In reply to] Can't Post

If this does not work, go to "Test 2" in Feedback, it somehow worked there!

By El~Cugu

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 5 2007, 2:46am

Post #48 of 160 (997 views)
Shortcut
Let's try another one [In reply to] Can't Post

IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d6/silneldor/2007DragonCon011.jpg[/IMG]

By El~Cugu

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 5 2007, 2:49am

Post #49 of 160 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Another try! [In reply to] Can't Post

By El~Cugu

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 5 2007, 2:57am

Post #50 of 160 (995 views)
Shortcut
You're missing the opening bracket [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at your link address: it starts IMG..... instead of [IMG.....

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.