LOTRO: Rise of Isengard Live! Launch Trailer + Screens
TURBINE LAUNCHES THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: RISE OF ISENGARD™
Third Major Expansion to the 2010 MMO of the Year Now Available Across North America & Europe
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turbine announced today the launch of The Lord of the Rings Online™: Rise of Isengard™, the next expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG). Players across North America and Europe can purchase and play Rise of Isengard starting today by visiting http://www.lotro.com/isengard.
“We’re very excited to launch the first major expansion to LOTRO since going free-to-play,” said Aaron Campbell, Senior Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online, Turbine. “We can’t wait for players to continue their adventures through Middle-earth and engage with epic locations such as Orthanc and iconic characters such as Saruman and Grima Wormtongue. We’re seeing tremendous excitement from our players as Rise of Isengard is already LOTRO’s best selling expansion ever!”
THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE: RISE OF ISENGARD FEATURES:
Ø Explore Three New Regions! -- The time has come for you to turn eastward, toward the vale of Isengard. Where ancient forests once flourished, a corrupted waste of metal and wheels suffers under the thrall of the traitorous wizard Saruman. Here, in the shadows of the tower of Orthanc, gathers an army of Orcs and Uruk-hai, toiling to make ready for war. Forge ahead into these devastated lands and uncover new quests, skills, and traits as you strive to thwart Saruman’s ambition.
- Dunland – Adventure amidst the bright forests in the foothills of the southern Misty Mountains. Beware the Dunland Clans, rugged warriors tempted by the dark promise of power.
- Gap of Rohan – Battle over the legendary pass between Eriador and the plane of Rohan. This key strategic point must be defended against the ambitions of Sauron.
- Isengard – Explore Orthanc, one of the iconic Two Towers as it rises over the once beautiful Isengard valley. The once beautiful vale now desecrated beyond imagination by the Wizard Saruman the betrayer.
Ø Advance to Level 75!
- Face new challenges and continue to forge your own legend in Middle-earth with all-new epic quests, skills, and deeds as you fight new enemies on your journey level 75!
Ø Master the Legendary New 24-Player Raid!
- Face the ancient evil of Draigoch, one of the most powerful creatures in Middle-earth! Prepare for the ultimate challenge where nothing less than the strength of an entire force of 24 heroes stands the chance of victory.
The Lord of the Rings Online is the ultimate adventure. This award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most famous fantasy of all time. For more information, visit www.lotro.com.
They have it set up so that if you follow the Epic story line it takes you through all the regular quests, too. In other words, the epic line is to help the "natives" with their problems (i.e., the regular quests) as you're traveling through Dunland with the Rangers.
It was very busy, so my computer was a little laggy. And there were lots of people competing for the crafting nodes. You could sit there and watch the crafting material symbols appear and disappear on your mini map with astonishing speed.
I haven't gotten to level 66 yet, but I'm not going to rush. One of my kinnies is nearly to 75 already, which I think is kind of silly, because then what do you do?
It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)
I made it 75 last sunday and right away started to do the Skirmish raids for superior fourth marks for the new armour set. Once you get to Isengard part of the epic, it takes a whole different turn. I play on Riddermark.