Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Any events that happen in the Boston area?

ringergrl13
The Shire

Sep 22 2011, 10:06pm

Post #1 of 4 (603 views)
Shortcut
Any events that happen in the Boston area? Can't Post

I just wondering if there were ever or are going to be any meetup events for Ringer fans in Boston or if there's a regular meetup group in existence.

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 23 2011, 8:24pm

Post #2 of 4 (1077 views)
Shortcut
There's one this Sunday, 9/25 [In reply to] Can't Post

Tamara gives regular updates on Boston moots. The latest has slipped to page 2 of the board, but can be found here. I hope you get to go.

I'd watch this board for posts on future meet-ups, as Tamara is pretty good about keeping up-to-date on Boston events. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 26 2011, 5:40pm

Post #3 of 4 (253 views)
Shortcut
As Altaira said... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tamara takes care of regular gatherings - if you're on facebook, join the group 'one white tree'. That way you'll get info about any fan gatherings in Boston. There will certainly be line party happenings when The Hobbit comes out at the end of next year!

And if there are any formal events (ie TORn staff organised), as a TORn staffer living in Boston, I'll be sure to post about such events here.

Meanwhile, come to NYC and join our party there! Wink

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Tamara
Rivendell

Oct 2 2011, 2:15pm

Post #4 of 4 (328 views)
Shortcut
calendar update/ October event [In reply to] Can't Post

For those who can't make it to ComicCon, we're holding our next event that weekend:

Pippin's Apple and Pumpkin Picking
Sunday, October 16, 2022
Time: 10am-1pm
Location: Parlee Farms, 95 Farwell Road, Tyngsborough, MA 01879

More info:
http://www.parleefarms.com/
Phone: (978) 649-3854
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Cash.
10am-5-pm
Apples and pumpkins. Farmstand offers fresh picked fruit, corn, bakery
items, donuts, kettle corn, local vegetables, jams, honey, potted
flowers, ice cream and fresh fruit desserts. Annie’s Animal Barns
house goats, sheep, bunnies, and chickens that you can feed. Hay Play
Area and Hayrides are available in the fall.

Entry price: FREE

Price for Apples:
$25 for 1/2 bu (20lb) that allows 5 people into the apple orchard,
$19 for 1 peck (10lb) that allows 4 people into the apple orchard.
Additional Person added to a bag ~ $5 each
only infants excluded from the people count

Price for pumpkins: $0.59/lb, with a minimum charge of $2 per pumpkin.

Carpooling will be available. Please reply with your offer to be a
driver or need to be picked up.

Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) in December 2012 with Red Carpet Tours for the Hobbit premier!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.