Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Collecting The Precious - Weta Orthanc Pre-Ruin Naming Contest Winner Announced

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Sep 9 2011, 8:48am

Post #1 of 3 (1607 views)
Shortcut
Collecting The Precious - Weta Orthanc Pre-Ruin Naming Contest Winner Announced Can't Post

When Weta announced the Orthanc Pre-Ruin environment during Comic-Con 2011 they together with TORn it had a very special contest attached tothis announcement. Weta would be allowing the fans to submit suggestions with one of them becoming the official name to this truly amazing environment. Well, after many submissions Weta and TORn are pleased to announce the name and the Winners of the Orthanc Contest. The grand prize winner is Christopher Turner whose entry was Orthanc - Black Tower of Isengard. Mr. Turner's prize is the awesome Bag End Collectors Edition while the two runners up Tom Barber and Chris Endicott both will receive a really cool Sauron T-Shirt. You can check out the full release of information from Weta here.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Sep 9 2011, 4:16pm

Post #2 of 3 (548 views)
Shortcut
I suggested "Orthanc - Pinnacle of Isengard" [In reply to] Can't Post

Referring to it as Isengard at the pinnacle of it's beauty and most definitive form before it's corruption... Gave a good long speech and all I did, but never mind...

Congrats to the two Chrises and Tom...

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Sep 9 2011, 4:24pm)

hastyent

Sep 10 2011, 9:14pm

Post #3 of 3 (872 views)
Shortcut
RE: I suggested "Orthanc - Pinnacle of Isengard" [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Referring to it as Isengard at the pinnacle of it's beauty and most definitive form before it's corruption... Gave a good long speech and all I did, but never mind...

Congrats to the two Chrises and Tom...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QuackingTroll,

As one of the runner-ups--thanks!!! I've seen this piece at comic-con, and even as a owner of an original SS/Weta Orthanc, I'm super excited for this new one. It's really quite beautiful to behold!!

BTW, your profile lists you an an animator--what kind of work have you done?

--Chris Endicott

(This post was edited by hastyent on Sep 10 2011, 9:15pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.