Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit Country - Hobbit Production to Hit Takaka Hill & Golden Bay

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Sep 8 2011, 11:18am

Post #1 of 6 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Country - Hobbit Production to Hit Takaka Hill & Golden Bay Can't Post

Thanks to Pioneer for this clip from The Christchurch Press: The top of the Takaka Hill and northwestern Golden Bay are set to become Hobbit country, with filming of Sir Peter Jackson's anticipated two-part movie expected in the Tasman district at the end of this year. Tasman District Council communications spokesman Chris Choat said the production company for The Hobbit, 3 Foot 7, approached the council last week about filming in the district in December. Choat said the company had yet to lodge any official land-use consent applications.

View Larger Map

willowing
Lorien

Sep 9 2011, 6:56am

Post #2 of 6 (405 views)
Shortcut
It's those words again... [In reply to] Can't Post

"The company had yet to lodge any official land-use consent applications" only this time it concerned a piece of property in the North Island and reports were a certain City Council concerned may refuse to grant resource consent.

Anyway, since then we have been subjected to regular updates and photos and things seem to be humming along.

Gandalf'sMother
Rohan

Sep 9 2011, 6:18pm

Post #3 of 6 (355 views)
Shortcut
Given how organized it seems this production is [In reply to] Can't Post

I am astounded that no such applications have been submitted yet... It's essential that consent is given, and that the land is used wisely and sustainably.

Finrod
Rohan

Sep 9 2011, 11:59pm

Post #4 of 6 (365 views)
Shortcut
modal disfunction [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I am astounded that no such applications have been submitted yet... It's essential that consent is given, and that the land is used wisely and sustainably.

In North America, what you just said says something rather different than what I suspect you meant to say.

We would say that it is essential that consent be given, because it hasn't happened. What you said suggests that it already has been. It's critical that you be precise and it's critical that you are precise are not equivalent statements you know.

There's a world of difference between saying that it is important that someone is here versus saying that it is important that someone be here. Completely different things.

Looks like your ancestors somehow lost the subjunctive mode. Ours didn't, so something gets lost in translation when you say things like that.

…all eyes looked upon the ring; for he held it now aloft, and the green jewels gleamed there that the Noldor had devised in Valinor. For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house.
The Silmarillion, pp 150-151
while Felagund laughs beneath the trees
in Valinor and comes no more
to this grey world of tears and war.
The Lays of Beleriand, p 311

moreorless
Gondor

Sep 14 2011, 5:11pm

Post #5 of 6 (335 views)
Shortcut
Maybe the Wharariki Beach area again? [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously the beach itself is unlikely to be used(espeically as PJ used it for the Lovely Bones) but I wonder if he might be interested in the farmland in that area?

I remember when I visited a few years ago I was struck by how "shirelike" with some really interesting gnarled low forrest...

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14 2011, 11:29pm

Post #6 of 6 (280 views)
Shortcut
That's the location [In reply to] Can't Post

where they filmed hobbits leaving the Shire and going into the Wild, so it would make sense that the Company would travel through the same country.

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.