Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
TheOneRing.net's route to Atlanta revealed!

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Aug 26 2011, 6:31am

Post #1 of 4 (1994 views)
Shortcut
TheOneRing.net's route to Atlanta revealed! Can't Post

TheOneRing.net is heading to DragonCon in Atlanta, Georgia, via the roadways of America and broadcasting the event LIVE on TORn. Along the way we are taking our little Gandalf to get lots of photos with him and to meet TORn readers in a few cities along the way before we hand him off in Atlanta and send him to Europe!. (More about Gandalf soon as we unveil the whole project with a new website dedicated just to getting the statue in the hands of fans for photos and to "handoff the Gandalf." Everybody's favorite LOTR jeweler Badali Jewelry has stepped up to help sponsor the trip as has "The Website for People Who Love Britain," Anglotopia.

Check our schedule below carefully and if we are coming to your area and you want to arrange a meetup, please email MrCere@TheOneRing.net with the subject "Road to DragonCon" and let us know if you can meet our estimated schedule as close to the freeway as possible.

Support and invitations on Facebook and via email have been incredible and we appreciate the enthusiasm and the invitations, but our schedule is a bit hasty to say the least so please know we would love to stop everywhere. If you are on or near the route however, we would love to take a moment and meet. Other sponsors who are interested in helping this not-for-profit enterprise (a gas station chain or a tour bus agency perhaps?) please get in touch.

Look for many further details in the coming days. Also follow us on Facebook and Twitter at TheOneRingNet

Main cities:
Leaving Hollywood, Tuesday, Aug. 30, 9 p.m.
Las Vegas, Wednesday, Aug. 31, 1 a.m.
Salt Lake City, Wednesday, Aug. 31, 8 a.m.
Badali Jewelry, Wednesday, Aug. 31, 10 a.m.
Moab, Utah, Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2 p.m.
Denver, Wednesday, Aug. 31, 11 p.m.
Kansas City, Thursday, Sept. 1, 11 a.m.
St. Louis, Thursday, Sept. 1, 4 p.m.
Nashville, Thursday, Sept. 1, 10 p.m.
DRAGON*CON! Atlanta, Friday, Sept. 2, 2 a.m.

RosieLass
Valinor

Aug 28 2011, 5:01am

Post #2 of 4 (891 views)
Shortcut
Any of you Denver area folks want to try to meet them? [In reply to] Can't Post

I presume they're looking to meet folks somewhere along the I-70 route, but I'm not sure where. I guess the idea is to email Mr. Cere for specifics, when and if we know anyone will be available.

11 p.m. is past my bedtime, though, lol!

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Aug 28 2011, 6:54am

Post #3 of 4 (951 views)
Shortcut
Yes please! [In reply to] Can't Post

We would love to stop shake hands, take a photo, maybe hand over a prize of some kind. I really hope we get to see some message board friends along the way!

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 28 2011, 4:31pm

Post #4 of 4 (2314 views)
Shortcut
Same here, 11:00 p.m. on a work night ain't gonna happen for me [In reply to] Can't Post

However, the road trip crew spending time at Badali earlier in the day is way more important. It's fantastic of them to have helped sponsor the trip, so they deserve the limelight more that a few sleepy Denver fans. (not to discourage any night owls from giving it a go). Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.