The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Just started playing LOTRO...

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Aug 22 2011, 7:17pm

Post #1 of 10 (915 views)
Shortcut
Just started playing LOTRO... Can't Post

I'm a minstrel Elf in Landroval named...(guess)...Laerasea. Tongue I have a second account in Crickhollow-- that's where my roommate is (she was the one who got me signed up on LOTRO), so we can chat with each other there. Anyway, for anybody who's around there, let me know if you see me online, and we can be "friends" or whatever it's called! I'm still figuring out how to do everything, and I'm very slow. But I'm learning!

‎"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
--George R.R. Martin

Mozart and Chocolate
The College Student's List
Tolkien and Taters
Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal

Donry
Tol Eressea

Aug 22 2011, 10:09pm

Post #2 of 10 (523 views)
Shortcut
Nice to have you aboard... [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone will have to get you all lined up with the TOR.n Kinship, so you can have access the the big clubhouse in Bree.....there are some items stored in there that might help you out on your early journies!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 24 2011, 10:43am

Post #3 of 10 (1230 views)
Shortcut
I made an account a while back... [In reply to] Can't Post

but the game comes with some dodgy software that uses up memory even when the game isn't running... So I was forced to uninstall it because it slowed my comp down so much :(

13thHour
Rivendell

Sep 1 2011, 4:47am

Post #4 of 10 (402 views)
Shortcut
Pando Media Booster [In reply to] Can't Post

This is caused by a program that is automatically installed when you download LOTRO called the Pando Media Booster. Basically, it's a non-game-essential program that you can easily uninstall that uses up a ton of memory.

Also, OP, I have added Laerasea to my friend list and will gladly invite you into the kinship if/when I see you online.

In related news, could you guys add my new hobbit "Ferndoc" to your friends list? He needs an invite into the kin. Thanks!

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

(This post was edited by 13thHour on Sep 1 2011, 4:50am)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2011, 5:20am

Post #5 of 10 (379 views)
Shortcut
I will as soon as I can.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have also added Laerasea and Macfalk's characters....so if I see them, I'll add them!

13thHour
Rivendell

Sep 3 2011, 11:22am

Post #6 of 10 (642 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw you were on last night, but I didn't bother you b/c I was only on for a second to pay the rent and run a few other quick errands.

As a side note, this new hobbit burglar is extremely fun to play. I love the Shire quests and the burglar gameplay is really fun and humorous (I like that some of the abilities are called "tricks", like you're playing a trick on someone by stabbing them in the back).

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 6 2011, 4:08am

Post #7 of 10 (384 views)
Shortcut
Ok... [In reply to] Can't Post

so I added Ferndoc but as you said last night....you have Ferndoc in another kin right? Or am I off?? Just wondering?

13thHour
Rivendell

Sep 6 2011, 8:34pm

Post #8 of 10 (352 views)
Shortcut
yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry if there was any mix-up. Ferndoc joined up with a kinship known as "the Lonely Mountain Band", which I have been enjoying so far. It's more of a social kin, with an emphasis on in-game parties and whatnot.

Anyway, my main toon, Lobolan, is still very active and will, of course, remain in the Sibs of TORn. In fact, I added a couple new things to the interior of the clubhouse! A couple new paintings and two new bookcase things ("Scholar's Cupboard").

Has anyone heard from Legalize? I noticed last night that he hasn't been on in over 100 days, so I made Donry the successor to the Chief position. I tried messaging him on here and emailed him (which he usually answers), but still haven't heard back.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 6 2011, 9:41pm

Post #9 of 10 (368 views)
Shortcut
I have not talked or chatted... [In reply to] Can't Post

with Legalize in a while....haven't seen him online either.....hope things are all ok....As for the Ferndoc/Sibs thing, no problem....the TOR.n kin is still so small (numbers-wise) that we don't seem to get folks online at the same times. I guess that is an issue when we have folks spread out around the globe. We've had some mutterings about an attempt to try getting as many of us as possible online at the same time, but I don't think its happened. We could have a virtual DragonCon festival or something....or some other TOR.n event....my schedule is extremely limited as to when I can get online with others. But I'm more than willing to see if I can...
And hopefully the Kinship will continue to grow as more folks get into the game and we can get some actual TOR.n organized events going on....

ImetLEGOLAS
Rivendell

Sep 15 2011, 2:45am

Post #10 of 10 (564 views)
Shortcut
lotro [In reply to] Can't Post

I HAVE LOTRO.............but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet!!!Unsure But I will be playing it this weekend probably if you will be on....can we play together on it? AHAH kinda new to the game.

I MET ORLANDO!!! Elves taught trees!!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.