Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Are you going to Dragon*Con?
Poll: Are you going to Dragon*Con?
Yes!
No!
maybe
I am unentirely sure of what exactly it is that you are trying to decern. I hate your pesky posts, they pester me! Most assuredly I will not answer your silly poll! Go away. Thank you.
What's that?
Yes...but I don't get answer #4
No...but I don't get answer #4
I am not sure whether or not I will or will not be inclined to go to this event that may or may not be a place I may possibly wish to be
View Results (32 votes)

aranelthehobbit22
Gondor

Aug 19 2011, 1:58am

Post #1 of 12 (466 views)
Shortcut
Are you going to Dragon*Con? Can't Post

(This post was edited by aranelthehobbit22 on Aug 19 2011, 1:58am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 19 2011, 10:32am

Post #2 of 12 (293 views)
Shortcut
You left out one answer: [In reply to] Can't Post

"I'd love to go, but I'm unable to"! Unsure

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Aug 19 2011, 4:18pm

Post #3 of 12 (209 views)
Shortcut
I agree with your answer! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 19 2011, 4:24pm

Post #4 of 12 (214 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't miss the Miss Klingon Empire Beauty Pageant for the world. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Aug 19 2011, 5:08pm

Post #5 of 12 (256 views)
Shortcut
Actually, Miss Klingon Empire has been disbanded [In reply to] Can't Post

It's now the Miss Star Trek Universe Pageant. I guess I'll never hear someone sing "I Feel Pretty" in Klingon ever again and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing Evil

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 19 2011, 5:25pm

Post #6 of 12 (239 views)
Shortcut
Noooooo! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Donry
Tol Eressea

Aug 20 2011, 12:03am

Post #7 of 12 (186 views)
Shortcut
No Damn it! [In reply to] Can't Post

But I would if I could, but I can't so I won't. Damn.

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

Aug 20 2011, 12:25am

Post #8 of 12 (220 views)
Shortcut
No. I don't know that much about it but, it sounds like I'd enjoy it. Probably couldn't go anyway// [In reply to] Can't Post

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Aug 20 2011, 1:31am

Post #9 of 12 (245 views)
Shortcut
I'll plead Pinoccio! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to choose the last answer because I just did. But the real answer is no, mostly because it's happening too far away. I wish I could have gone to Comic con, which was much closer. Just didn't have the time off to really go and enjoy it.

But maybe next year or the year after that I maybe probably won't say I will not definitely attend or not attend in any certain way. Wink

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Aug 21 2011, 1:15am

Post #10 of 12 (227 views)
Shortcut
LoL [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry I missed hearing 'I feel Pretty' in Klingon. That's priceless. I wonder if we'll ever hear "I feel Pretty' in Khuzdul? I hope I'll be up to that challenge one day... ;)

An old friend tries to get me to Dragon*Con every year. So it's no yet again. I probably won't go until University is done.

13thHour
Rivendell

Sep 1 2011, 7:23am

Post #11 of 12 (215 views)
Shortcut
too expensive... [In reply to] Can't Post

I went last year and it turned into an expensive trip. The tickets to D*C are not that much, but the hotel is going to be expensive (especially if you want to stay in a host hotel, if you can even get into one), and we ate out for every meal, and the stuff that you will want to buy there is just enormous. I realize that there are cheap ways of doing everything (like getting 10 of your pals to all share a room), but I would just rather not go if I'm not going to be happy and comfortable the whole time.

Plus, not to step on anyone's toes or anything, but the crowd was just a little too nerdy for me, which is something I never thought I would say.

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Sep 5 2011, 12:48am

Post #12 of 12 (315 views)
Shortcut
that is one of the reasons why I have not gone. [In reply to] Can't Post

but school has really been the primary reason not to. That and my coworker always takes the Tuesday after off.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.