Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Hobbit Line Party ... Never too early to start planning.

7ofEowyn
The Shire

Aug 16 2011, 4:34am

Post #1 of 4 (1778 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Line Party ... Never too early to start planning. Can't Post

Okay, so I know this is pretty early but I'd like to get some input on creating a great line party in Spokane, WA.

There is a SciFi/Fantasy Con in Spokane that I may be able to ask to join in the endeavor but wanted to start here. What red-tape (beyond checking with the specific theater for their rules) should I expect? I'd love some veteran advice of what worked & didn't work from other previous organizers.

--- "I can fight" ---

Garfeimao
Rohan

Aug 17 2011, 9:01pm

Post #2 of 4 (282 views)
Shortcut
A place to gather online is important [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe TORn is working on re-establishing our original Line Party database, or some sort of system where people can set up a line party in their area, post it, and then others can search for it. Because without a place to set up shop, there won't be anyone attending your soiree, no matter how cool you make it.

You can try Facebook or Yahoogroups, but it's best to wait for TORn's line party event page to get up and running.

Back with FOTR, most theaters could not confirm if they were getting the film until quite close in, which made planning a hard thing to do. This was because it was still untested. It got a lot easier with TTT and ROTK, you knew which theaters were going to get it and could go from there.

In this instance, it's a safe bet it will open big, but just to be even more secure, choose a multiplex theater rather than a stand alone theater, you increase your chances it will be on at least one screen there.

Start collecting ideas for games and trivia now, stock pile things so you have plenty of options once the time comes. This includes things like themed coloring books for kids, you can start searching for this in advance and then your activity box will be full before summer's end next year.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Gollum the Great
Rohan

Aug 17 2011, 9:01pm

Post #3 of 4 (227 views)
Shortcut
ooh I think I'll listen in [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't live in Washington, but I'd love to do a line party in MN, and I've always wondered if I have to get theater's permission, etc. Maybe if we promised to eat a lot of their pizza...

Lord Sméagol? Gollum the Great? The Gollum! Eat fish every day, three times a day; fresh from the sea. Most Precious Gollum!

7ofEowyn
The Shire

Aug 19 2011, 5:52am

Post #4 of 4 (570 views)
Shortcut
Yay for TORn! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad to hear TORn will be getting their event page up. That will be a great help.

The other recommendations are helpful ... especially about kid stuff. I'm always such a big kid about it I forget there are REAL children that will be hanging about.

Thanks!

--- "I can fight" ---

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.