The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Total Film Names 'The Hobbit' the 9th Project to 'Rock Your World'

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jul 31 2011, 5:40pm

Post #1 of 24 (1960 views)
Shortcut
Total Film Names 'The Hobbit' the 9th Project to 'Rock Your World' Can't Post

Maria writes: Heads up for the next issue of Total Film (#184) they have a feature 'The Future 100', "the 100 people, projects & trends that will rock your world over the next 12 months" The Hobbit is in at number 9. totalfilm.com

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Aug 1 2011, 4:19am

Post #2 of 24 (884 views)
Shortcut
Hmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder what the 8 above it were?...Unimpressed

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 1 2011, 4:55am

Post #3 of 24 (892 views)
Shortcut
Does this mean TH release has been moved up a few months? [In reply to] Can't Post

Couldn't find the list but The Hobbit is still more than 12 months away from the silver screen.

From the cover it looks like this issue features an interview with Richard Armitage though.

rings7
Rohan

Aug 1 2011, 5:38am

Post #4 of 24 (831 views)
Shortcut
Funny [In reply to] Can't Post

they say its the 9th but they dont give the other 8? Unimpressed

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2011, 6:29am

Post #5 of 24 (852 views)
Shortcut
A few things probably on the list, (although TH should have been #1): [In reply to] Can't Post

The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus, Dark Shadows, Lincoln, The Master, Django Unchained, The Lone Ranger, Brave

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2011, 6:45am

Post #6 of 24 (840 views)
Shortcut
its going to be a long 12 months too... [In reply to] Can't Post

but at least we'll get a teaser around december!

Gnomeo
The Shire

Aug 1 2011, 7:49am

Post #7 of 24 (793 views)
Shortcut
Maybe they meant... [In reply to] Can't Post

it's the teaser for The Hobbit that is the 9th best thing to wait for in the next 12 months Tongue

Ececheira
Bree

Aug 1 2011, 7:57am

Post #8 of 24 (838 views)
Shortcut
Interview with RA? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that the cover shown is from the already published August issue of Total Film which did feature a brief interview with Richard Armitage. I'm assuming the issue being trailed now is the September one.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 1 2011, 8:43am

Post #9 of 24 (805 views)
Shortcut
I think it's more likely to be... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Spider-man
Bond 23
Brave
John Carter
Tintin
The Host
(before The Hobbit)

Other things include
Breaking Dawn
Ghostbusters III
Rise of the Guardians
The Dictator
The 2 Snow White movies coming out next year
Wolverine and Gambit movies
Frankenweenie
Logan's Run remake
Dorothy of Oz
Total Recall remake
Men in Black III
Ghost Rider 2
Pirates!
Mad Max
Die Hard 5
Judge Dredd

and a possible Star Trek 2

It's a big year...

sueb1863
Rivendell

Aug 1 2011, 11:04am

Post #10 of 24 (764 views)
Shortcut
Ghostbusters III? [In reply to] Can't Post

Really?? As much as I loved the first Ghostbusters, I really can't see a third one being a good idea. Have sequels made almost thirty years after the original *ever* worked??

I hope Star Trek 2 happens, however, I thought the reboot was great. I'm thinking that will more likely come out in 2013, though, I don't think they've even approved a script yet.

Glad to hear Hobbit is being so highly anticipated, and the publicity's just started up!

(This post was edited by sueb1863 on Aug 1 2011, 11:05am)

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2011, 11:29am

Post #11 of 24 (742 views)
Shortcut
It says "the 100 people, projects & trends"... [In reply to] Can't Post

That list doesn't include just movies. Hobbit might be the number 1 movie.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2011, 12:12pm

Post #12 of 24 (733 views)
Shortcut
Am I a bit Naive, or what..... [In reply to] Can't Post

do you guys mean by a teaser around December? What teaser? surely not a trailer (which I highly doubt)? or am I missing something....?

"But the other two Istari were sent for a different purpose. Morinethar's and Rómestámo's task was to circumvent Sauron, to bring help to the few tribes of Men that had rebelled from Melkor-worship, to stir up rebellion and after his first fall to search out his hiding and to cause dissension and disarray among the dark East. They must have had very great influence on the history of the Second age and Third age in weakening and disarraying the forces of East who would both in the Second age and Third age otherwise have outnumbered the West."

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Aug 1 2011, 12:19pm

Post #13 of 24 (716 views)
Shortcut
Nah, you're not missing anything. [In reply to] Can't Post

There hasn't been any indication of when a teaser trailer will be seen in theaters, but hopefully they'll have one for the beginning of next year! Smile

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 1 2011, 12:35pm

Post #14 of 24 (718 views)
Shortcut
Indeed, it didn't look like it was going to happen for a long time... [In reply to] Can't Post

They said they weren't going to make it if Bill Murray wasn't on board, and Bill Murray hated the idea and refused to read the script, calling it a nightmare and crazy-talk, he said he'd only be in it if they killed him off within the first reel etc.

But now there's GB 3 and 4 in the works and he's on board for both, so don't know what happened there... Maybe the scripts were really good.Tongue

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2011, 2:06pm

Post #15 of 24 (686 views)
Shortcut
Kl, thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Will the trailer be good I wonder.....(of course it will).........

"But the other two Istari were sent for a different purpose. Morinethar's and Rómestámo's task was to circumvent Sauron, to bring help to the few tribes of Men that had rebelled from Melkor-worship, to stir up rebellion and after his first fall to search out his hiding and to cause dissension and disarray among the dark East. They must have had very great influence on the history of the Second age and Third age in weakening and disarraying the forces of East who would both in the Second age and Third age otherwise have outnumbered the West."

rings7
Rohan

Aug 1 2011, 2:42pm

Post #16 of 24 (693 views)
Shortcut
To each its own [In reply to] Can't Post

whoever is from 1-8 the list means to me. Just because TH is no.9 doesnt mean its the 9th place in every single person's wish list in the entire planet. Its no.1 for me as well and thats all i care.

Though Avengers its pretty close, and TDKR, MadMax will totally make my top 5.

Marionette
Rohan

Aug 1 2011, 2:48pm

Post #17 of 24 (694 views)
Shortcut
¿Number 9? [In reply to] Can't Post

And I wonder what´s the number one to eight.
I can´t think on anything now Harry Potter is finished.

To me The Hobbit is number one!

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 1 2011, 5:02pm

Post #18 of 24 (672 views)
Shortcut
Well isn't this just about the most confusing NewsFromBree ever? [In reply to] Can't Post

You are probably correct. At the site, and in the announcement here, the magazine cover shown is #183 (I think), and it carries a cover story: "Thorin Speaks." The one that has the story 100 things that will rock your world over the next 12 months must be #184. But it is not yet available at the site. Add to that the question of how TH will rock our world in the next 12 months when it is not slated for release for another 18 months and... oh never mind, maybe they are talking about a teaser trailer. Unless even NewsFromBree and TotalFilm go all NeekerBreeker from time to time as well.Laugh

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Aug 1 2011, 5:04pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2011, 5:20pm

Post #19 of 24 (652 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know how many of those are going to ascend to "world-rocking" territory! Tongue

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2011, 5:50pm

Post #20 of 24 (652 views)
Shortcut
of course [In reply to] Can't Post

definitely Laugh

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

Gandalf'sMother
Rohan

Aug 1 2011, 8:03pm

Post #21 of 24 (636 views)
Shortcut
You forgot [In reply to] Can't Post

Lincoln.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2011, 12:27am

Post #22 of 24 (623 views)
Shortcut
And Prometheus and The Master! [In reply to] Can't Post

And several other promising things! Tongue

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Aug 3 2011, 1:21am

Post #23 of 24 (578 views)
Shortcut
you're probably right about Star Trek 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

set for 2013, /film mentioned something about a week ago regarding the script getting up to speed.

Prometheus is the only other film on my must see list besides The Hobbit for 2012. $ and real life are stepping up.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

Captain_Faramir92
The Shire

Aug 3 2011, 5:41pm

Post #24 of 24 (645 views)
Shortcut
The Avengers [In reply to] Can't Post

is something that has never been attempted in a film EVER. Whether it's good or not, it definitely counts as a "project" and hopefully it'll rock my world. My two most anticipated movies of 2012 are The Avengers and The Hobbit... in no paticular order at the moment.

I tend to like characters nobody else cares about:
Faramir (LOTR), Mr. Fantastic (Fantastic 4), Zazu (The Lion King)

(This post was edited by Captain_Faramir92 on Aug 3 2011, 5:45pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.