Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bruce Campbell's thoughts on Sam Raimi & The Hobbit with Bob Shaye...

diedye
Grey Havens

Aug 23 2007, 6:51pm

Post #1 of 5 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Bruce Campbell's thoughts on Sam Raimi & The Hobbit with Bob Shaye... Can't Post

From rottentomatoes.com:

Bruce Campbell Warns Raimi About Tricksy Hobbits
Direct smart, Campbell says.

by Fred Topel | August 21, 2007

Bruce Campbell knows he's always got a role in a Sam Raimi movie, but if the director indeed takes on The Hobbit for New Line, longtime friend Campbell has some words of warning.

"Well, I hope they pay Sam his overages like they didn't pay Peter Jackson," Campbell said. "Hey, if they ain't paying Peter Jackson overages, I'd be very afraid, but that's me."

Campbell seemed surprised to hear the news that Raimi was in the running. He hadn't heard that even New Line head Bob Shaye is after him. He did have some thoughts on Shaye though. "Bob Shaye-dy? New Lies Cinema? Yeah, these are the guys who distributed the first Evil Dead, don't forget. So, you know, enough said there."

Were all the politics to be worked out, Campbell did consider a Hobbit cameo as "hopefully someone that torments the hobbit. Hopefully someone who's not the hobbit."

Bob Shade-y?!

New Lies Cinema?!

I love Bruce Campbell... what a sharp tongue! I think he'd be great in The Hobbit & I think he'd work beautifully with Peter Jackson (sans Sam Raimi, I hope!).

deej
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2007, 8:15pm

Post #2 of 5 (825 views)
Shortcut
I (heart) Bruce [In reply to] Can't Post

I've heard some comments he's made about New Line (Lies) in the past, and know he's not a fan. And yes - he HAS to have a cameo somewhere in The Hobbit. What I want to know is how they're going to get Sam's Oldsmobile in there - it's been in all of his films, from 'Evil Dead' to 'Spiderman'.

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

JRandomRohirrim
Rohan

Aug 23 2007, 11:11pm

Post #3 of 5 (787 views)
Shortcut
OOh, I've got it! [In reply to] Can't Post

He could put on the make-up and be one of the gnomes who argues about how to cook the dwarves!

Boycott New Line!
http://www.boycottnewline.com

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23 2007, 11:32pm

Post #4 of 5 (796 views)
Shortcut
Another reason to LOVE Campbell! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a riot! Okay... he has my vote to voice Smaug. "Save the citizen!" I mean.. "Slay the citizens!"

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Humbert
The Shire

Sep 25 2007, 11:23pm

Post #5 of 5 (829 views)
Shortcut
It wasn't in "The Quick and the Dead", [In reply to] Can't Post

it wouldn't be in The Hobbit (more's the pity).

I'd love to see an Army of Darkness-style appearance. Bring the car to Middle-earth, kit it out A-Team style and drive it into the spider-pit to save Bilbo. It's be like the Ford Anglia rescuing Harry Potter in Chamber of Secrets.

(Okay, that was more movie references than I've ever fit into a single paragraph.)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.