*unlocks door* It's Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2011, 4:00pm

Post #1 of 145 (649 views)
Shortcut
*unlocks door* It's Fiesta Friday! Can't Post

Welcome, one and all! Our esteemed barkeeper, Altaira, is being held in thrall by a nasty troll…no, just kidding, she’s tied down by work commitments today! So let me unlock the bar, get out the glasses, and get this Fiesta going.

*puts out array of fruits* Apples (take some for your pockets!), oranges, pears, peaches, nectarines, plums, mangos, pineapple, guava, watermelon, bananas, grapes…let’s see, what have I left out?

Come on in and cool down (or warm up), and tell us about your week and your weekend plans! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Patty
Immortal

Jul 29 2011, 4:04pm

Post #2 of 145 (477 views)
Shortcut
A very chilled Bailey's if you please... [In reply to] Can't Post

if you don't have it, ya know a K&C always hits the spot.

Nothing really planned for the weekend, so I guess I'll bring out some movies and watch them.

Happy weekend, everyone.

Permanent address: Into the West

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jul 29 2011, 4:10pm

Post #3 of 145 (500 views)
Shortcut
Nice sweet red cherries, maybe? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have some in the fridge that I'm anticipating having for a snack this afternoon. Sadly, the local peach crop is pretty much finished. There is nothing like a fresh Parker County peach, let me tell you!

The Gaffer and I spent the last two weekends with family, which was great fun, but it's nice to be home this weekend. I'll have my usual frappuccino, please, all the better to survive this hot -- very hot -- spell.

Would you believe even the water coming out of the cold tap is warm? Our shower has one of those single-lever controls, and by the time you get the water cool enough to actually bathe in, you've almost stopped the flow.

Ah well. Unimpressed

Happy weekend, one and all! *stuffs tip jar with tiny paper umbrellas, all the better to make cooling drinks*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2011, 4:11pm

Post #4 of 145 (477 views)
Shortcut
*gets Bailey's out of freezer* [In reply to] Can't Post

There, that should be chilled enough! Laugh

Hopefully you can watch the movies in air-conditioning...stay cool as best you can, Patty!

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jul 29 2011, 4:12pm

Post #5 of 145 (460 views)
Shortcut
What movies are you thinking of, Patty? [In reply to] Can't Post

Our home library is fairly small, but it includes Local Hero, about a Texas oil guy seduced by a small town on the Scottish coast. I put it in every now and then just for the landscape.

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Patty
Immortal

Jul 29 2011, 4:13pm

Post #6 of 145 (454 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. We've been spending most days in the 90's here in Indy. [In reply to] Can't Post

with not a whole lot of relief at night. Let's hope the electric grid holds up for the a/c.!Evil

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2011, 4:14pm

Post #7 of 145 (447 views)
Shortcut
*whips up large frappachino* [In reply to] Can't Post

*sticks umbrella in it* Cherries! Of course! It's fun to nibble them off the stem.

Now that is just getting too hot, when the cold water...isn't. Unsure Do you know if you'll get any of the rain from that tropical storm?

Patty
Immortal

Jul 29 2011, 4:18pm

Post #8 of 145 (471 views)
Shortcut
Love, love, love Local Hero! [In reply to] Can't Post

I do have it--that's a good idea to watch. I have a pretty decently large home video library.

You know, it's odd, but usually in very late August-early September I get in the mood to "follow Bilbo" (as in LotR, not The Hobbit). I think it's age and the advent of autumn that makes me feel that way. The strange thing is, I felt it today--a little earlier than usual. It's probably because my grandPatty1 has been emailing me about going back to school--another sign of early Fall. Anyway, I'm really in the mood for Fellowship, and despite that awful dark tint to the Blu-ray, that's probably what I'll watch.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2011, 4:19pm

Post #9 of 145 (455 views)
Shortcut
...Berries. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

(To answer your question, LOL. :D :D )

I'll have a Summer Usual, please, dernwyn-- thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2011, 4:22pm

Post #10 of 145 (447 views)
Shortcut
Berries of any kind! [In reply to] Can't Post

Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries...lol!

*pours out Evey's favorite* You have a great weekend too, Evey! Going to watch any Dr. Who?

Patty
Immortal

Jul 29 2011, 4:23pm

Post #11 of 145 (508 views)
Shortcut
Just got back from the grocery with a large container of strawberries... [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like a great snack for later this eve, when I watch Fellowship.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jul 29 2011, 4:25pm

Post #12 of 145 (457 views)
Shortcut
I love Local Hero [In reply to] Can't Post

such a cute little movie.

I put that in and Waking Ned Devine for pretty much the same reason. Awesome scenery, fun characters, cute story and just pure entertainment.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2011, 4:25pm

Post #13 of 145 (434 views)
Shortcut
And perfect with [In reply to] Can't Post

...any kind of drink with "Creme" in the title! Laugh

Mar
Gondor

Jul 29 2011, 4:26pm

Post #14 of 145 (490 views)
Shortcut
I'll have one of each. [In reply to] Can't Post

Loving summer! Garden is looking fantastic. Flowers everywhere. Rivers and creeks are full. Abundance is flowing.
May I have a mug of iced decaf overflowing with whipped cream please??? That will make my day.
Cheers to all my sibs. I've missed you.

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jul 29 2011, 4:27pm

Post #15 of 145 (459 views)
Shortcut
*tries to avoid drinking too fast and causing brain-freeze* [In reply to] Can't Post

Yum! Delicious, thank you!

No, we're too far north to get anything from the storm, but I'm sure hoping people down towards San Antonio get some rain. They need it even worse than we do.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 29 2011, 4:28pm

Post #16 of 145 (486 views)
Shortcut
*adds a plate of cantalope* [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been eating lots of fruit this week for my diet. I'm down 6 pounds in two weeks, which is a lot faster than I expected to lose it. I'm sure that will slow down, though, as I progress.

I don't think I've taken the opportunity to thank everyone who's replied to my diet progress in the last couple of weeks. I appreciate the support and it helps me to talk about it since I feel more pressure to stick with it if people know about it.

In other news, I'm surrounded by weddings. I have 4 weddings to attend in the next 6 months, including my sister's in January, so I have weddings, wedding plans, wedding dates, dresses for weddings, wedding gifts, etc. on the brain this week.

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2011, 4:29pm

Post #17 of 145 (451 views)
Shortcut
*takes chilled bowl out of refrigerator* [In reply to] Can't Post

Let me get some fresh cream whipped up, here...a tall much of iced decaf sounds great for a hot day!

It sounds like your garden is very happy! What have you been able to harvest from it, so far?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 29 2011, 4:29pm

Post #18 of 145 (480 views)
Shortcut
*skids into HoME plate!* Wow... I made it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Howdy dernwyn and all! *scowls at monitor* We've really got to do something about those evil elements keeping our Altaira hostage. I mean come on... she belongs here with us!

But you're a wonderful keeper for us, dernwyn. Thanks for keeping our Friday celebration so fabulous! I think I'll snag a pink lemonade for today.

I'm all a'twitter with the anticipation of my Baltimore g'kiddies coming for a 10-day visit NEXT SATURDAY!!! *squeeeee!* I can't wait!! We've been plotting and planning what we're going to watch, eat and do whilst they're here. The beauty of this visit is that I don't have to share them with any other inlaws! *whispers* They don't know they're coming! First time in over 2 years! So it's off to play some badminton (really bad the way we do it) and watch some neato movies at home and at the theatre. We've got Harry Potter, Transformers and Captain America on the short list.

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend and that all are safe and sound. It was great fun to have Gerontius come for a visit on the Main Board. If you're lurking here today, dear sir... *waves madly* HOWDY!!! :D

Thanks again, dernwyn :)

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jul 29 2011, 4:30pm

Post #19 of 145 (438 views)
Shortcut
I know what you mean [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a certain feel to September, isn't there? Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I even planned our trip to New Zealand in '08 so we'd be there in the autumn.

As for the tint on FotR, have you tried adjusting the color on your DVD player? Our son the techie agrees that FotR came from the factory with an odd color to it, but he was able to "fix" it by changing the settings on his DVD player. But then, he has a really sophisticated player.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2011, 4:31pm

Post #20 of 145 (435 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats on the weight loss, whatever you've been doing has been working out well! Smile

Weddings galore - that'll keep you busy! Crazy Just be sure to take the weight loss into account when getting the dresses! Wink

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jul 29 2011, 4:32pm

Post #21 of 145 (459 views)
Shortcut
*offers Evey whipped cream for her strawberries* [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a great weekend!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jul 29 2011, 4:34pm

Post #22 of 145 (460 views)
Shortcut
And great music in both! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ned Devine is in the same genre: Small movies where everything turns out all right in the end. Local Hero doesn't even have any unpleasant people, like Devine has -- the antagonist is the situation.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2011, 4:34pm

Post #23 of 145 (429 views)
Shortcut
Ah, DW! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, not right now, actually; it's currently on a mid-season break, with the next new episode airing at the end of August. :) :)

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jul 29 2011, 4:36pm

Post #24 of 145 (470 views)
Shortcut
Rivers and creeks are full? [In reply to] Can't Post

How lovely! I wish you could send a bit this way -- we're parched to the bone here, so much so we're hoping for tropical storms.

Cheers to you, Mar. Good to see you!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2011, 4:36pm

Post #25 of 145 (487 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

That does sound good (both the snack and the movie! :) ).

Enjoy FOTR-- and I hope you have a great weekend, Patty! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.